IGNORED

Blackpool.

pillred

Blackpool, one of the poorest towns in England, houses in one street last year were on sale for about £50k.

Pretty sure when Liverpool pulled this stunt to make their capacity larger they offered people £40k for theirs.

Houses by our ground, in one of the more expensive Cities in England, an area that has gentrified beyond belief, one house in Ashton Rd sold last year for £640k.

Nope, I can’t see any difference there at all- so really don’t understand why the club can’t buy houses people don’t want to sell at this sort of price.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

Bournemouth have proved that attendances are of little importance in the PL.

It would be nice though at some point to integrate the Atyeo neatly into the rest of the ground. It just looks a bit 'untidy' but I've probably got OCD!

Theoretically if SL did own all of the neighbouring houses could he leave them in situ and rebuild the stand? i.e. are the regulations absolute or does it  only come into play if the houseowners object?  

19 hours ago, CodeRed said:

It did indeed..The Robins Cafe...I first started going to AG in 1967 - age 13- and we used to call in the cafe and get a chocolate bar before the game. On non match days the players used to go in there for a cup of tea etc.

It was the Robins Cafe well into the 80s and possibly the 90s. I used to get a full English there regularly before getting CATS to away games. When it closed we moved up to Ali`s(?) up by the newsagent.