IGNORED

“Two players for each position”

B-Rizzle

Tins has mentioned this a few times in interviews but is it actually true? I reckon not, hence why many people believe that we’re a couple of players short, particularly in midfield. 

O’leary, Wiles-Richards, Bajic

McCrorie, Tanner

Vyner, Dickie

Atkinson, Naismith

Pring, Roberts

James, King

Knight, ?

Williams, ?

Sykes, Weimann

Conway, Wells, Cornick

Bell, Mehmeti  

Technically this is 22 players but not completely balanced, no? Especially as 2 of these are untested, young GKs.

5 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Tins has mentioned this a few times in interviews but is it actually true? I reckon not, hence why many people believe that we’re a couple of players short, particularly in midfield. 

O’leary, Wiles-Richards, Bajic

McCrorie, Tanner

Vyner, Dickie

Atkinson, Naismith

Pring, Roberts

James, King

Knight, ?

Williams, ?

Sykes, Weimann

Conway, Wells, Cornick

Bell, Mehmeti  

Technically this is 22 players but not completely balanced, no? Especially as 2 of these are untested, young GKs.

It’s almost like the club let two midfielders leave the club and not replace them.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Taylor-Gardner takes it up to 23…

Yep but wasn’t he basically signed once we knew that McCrorie was going to be out long term?

Optimistic based on his injuries but I guess they are including Benarous.

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

It’s almost like the club let two midfielders leave the club and not replace them.

They’ll argue Knight & TGH were the replacements.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Yep but wasn’t he basically signed once we knew that McCrorie was going to be out long term?

Optimistic based on his injuries but I guess they are including Benarous.

They’ll argue Knight & TGH were the replacements.

Yeah didn’t notice TGH wasn’t there. You’re right, he only signed when McCrorie was confirmed as a long term injury.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Naismith can also play in CM.

Irrespective I'd say we are a creative or ball carrying CM light and you also need 4 genuine CBs over a long hard season IMO.

(Debates too about GK, whether someone needs to be in to truly push and compete with O'Leary).

It's a whole other debate entirely, but for me Naismith can only play in midfield.  He gives me Mad Frankie jitters when he plays at the back!

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

It's a whole other debate entirely, but for me Naismith can only play in midfield.  He gives me Mad Frankie jitters when he plays at the back!

Inclined to agree he can be a bit..he gave us a real extra dimension into the back 3 in 2022-23 especially early on.

His absence HT v Coventry onwards he was surely missed. However my preference is midfield overall but he and Vyner as a pair earlier this season, not too bad IMO.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

He does at times although he seems to have put away the Cruyff turn on the edge our penalty are (for now) and what I will say is we are better when he’s playing.

20 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Worringly 2 players for each position was Tinnion's philosophy when he was manager