IGNORED

Loftus Road…

FNQ

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Is it actually fact we often break these streaks? I've seen it written a lot.

To be fair I assume we actually are no worse than anyone else at breaking these streaks, (if someone has done the research it would be interesting to know) but it just feels like we are. 

• Like 1

-Manning's first game.

-A chance for first back to back wins in God knows how long.

-Last game before an international break, which we can take good form in to.

-QPR are in horrid form, especially at home.

-QPR are missing Ilias Chair.

So naturally I'm terrified. 🤣 COYR!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

-Manning's first game.

-A chance for first back to back wins in God knows how long.

-Last game before an international break, which we can take good form in to.

-QPR are in horrid form, especially at home.

-QPR are missing Ilias Chair.

So naturally I'm terrified. 🤣 COYR!

I'm not sure they're quite as bad as people are saying, a draw last match and a narrow late defeat to Leicester after being reduced to 10 men. It's a tougher match than some people think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I'm not sure they're quite as bad as people are saying, a draw last match and a narrow late defeat to Leicester after being reduced to 10 men. It's a tougher match than some people think.

That draw against Rotherham was their only point in their last 7, so they are beatable. But I wasn't being sarcastic - I really am nervous. Sometimes there's just too many things in your favour, it almost plays against you as it puts all the pressure and expectation on us.

As you say, we have to treat the match with all the respect. They're a championship team for a reason, and under new management. But the lads and LM will know there's no easy points in this league and hopefully they can do the job. :city:

19 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Yea they definatley seem to have improved since getting the new man in, easily a game we could lose or draw, especially if we are as turgid as we were against Wednesday, who again were nowhere near as bad as the league table suggested and you can see what Danny Rohl is trying to do, and they created chances that they probably should have done better with with 11 and with 10 men. 

QPR sacked Gareth Aisnworth and appointed a new European manager the next day who has them playing in a different style; they drew away to Rotherham in his first game.

I wouldn't be counting any chickens here.

Marti Cifuentes: QPR appoint Hammarby boss as new head coach

Last updated on

30 October 2023

Queens Park Rangers have appointed Hammarby boss Marti Cifuentes as their new head coach.

The 41-year-old replaces Gareth Ainsworth who was sacked on Saturday after a sixth straight Championship loss left them 23rd in the table.

Spaniard Cifuentes was in charge of the Swedish top-flight side for two years.

"Marti is an exciting appointment and we look forward to seeing the impact he can have," QPR chief executive Lee Hoos told the club website.

"Having a succession plan in place is a necessary part of football, irrespective of how the team are performing.

"Marti is someone we have been aware of so we are really pleased to have been able to secure his services."

Cifuentes has spent almost a decade in management and coached in the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

He arrives at a side with two wins in 14 league games and they are six points behind Huddersfield Town who are just outside the drop zone.

His first game in charge will be at fellow strugglers Rotherham United on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67269077

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

It's perception I guess.

Mine goes back to being a young kid in the new Dolman. Crystal Palace , hadn't won away for about 2 years ( may be factually incorrect ) and were about to be lambs to the slaughter . You can guess the rest, but it sticks with you.

7 hours ago, FNQ said:

If we win tomorrow, then we will have won more championship games at Loftus Road in 2023 than QPR… (us along with three or four other teams it must be said)

Makes our home form look reasonable.. 

COYR’s.

🙈 ffs

2 hours ago, ray savino said:

I s it right that Ilias Chair suspended for this game? Supposed to have scored a cracker last week so will be a big help if he’s out too.

Yes he’s sitting this one out 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaveF said:

It feels like it. Went to Filbert St years ago when Pleat managed Leicester. They'd had a terrible start to the season & word was, another defeat & he'd be axed.  Pretty sure we were 3 nil down by half time.

21 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It's perception I guess.

Mine goes back to being a young kid in the new Dolman. Crystal Palace , hadn't won away for about 2 years ( may be factually incorrect ) and were about to be lambs to the slaughter . You can guess the rest, but it sticks with you.

Rotherham at home on a night game in the pouring rain where they hadn`t picked up a point for about three months.

Yep. 2-0 Millers.

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Rotherham at home on a night game in the pouring rain where they hadn`t picked up a point for about three months.

Yep. 2-0 Millers.

I remember that game for being out sung by 26 Rotherham fans, who had the whole East End to themselves!

Pretty sure one of their midfielders - who was the target of “gypo” chants - scored twice, including one screamer. 

5 minutes ago, tin said:

I remember that game for being out sung by 26 Rotherham fans, who had the whole East End to themselves!

Pretty sure one of their midfielders - who was the target of “gypo” chants - scored twice, including one screamer. 

IIRC it was Earl Jude-Jean who got both but I could be wrong.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 10:57, 1960maaan said:

It's perception I guess.

Was that the MotD match in which Alan Whittle scored, to give them a 1-0 victory, their first of the season?