IGNORED

Leaked new England kit

BS3_RED

11 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I like it, Plain and simple.

I should add, it was in the sun, so probably fake.

NINTCHDBPICT000858333281.thumb.webp.21cb8b68a2eb042fd8821e16daa01711.webp

Much better than some previous efforts. 

Good they kept it simple. The best kit would just be a plain white home/red away shirt with the badge - but less opportunity for money making that way

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

the colour Blue doesnt appear on the cross of St George and I've never found the reason why it remains as part of Englands Football kit

It's because is it's the colours of the FA. The lions are blue, hence the blue in the kit.

Holland and Italy to name just 2 wear kits that don't reflect their countries flags. although they have historical meaning.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

the colour Blue doesnt appear on the cross of St George and I've never found the reason why it remains as part of Englands Football kit

There's no white on Germany's flag. There's no blue on Italy's flag. There's no orange on the Netherlands flag. 

We've had blue on the kit in some shape or form for over 150 years, so I think it's safe to say it's staying.

• Like 3

I'm somewhat with Sweeney's Penalties on this one. Okay, several of you give examples of countries that play in colours not on their flag. However, the home nations, England excepted, all play in the colour that is predominant on their flag, Ireland also being the case.

England play in the colours of The Union Jack, not the flag of St. George. England are also the only nation that plays the anthem of Great Britain and not an anthem for England. It rather smacks of England promoting being British with their kit and anthem while the other countries that are part of Britain project their own national identities in both the colours of their kit and their anthem. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I'm somewhat with Sweeney's Penalties on this one. Okay, several of you give examples of countries that play in colours not on their flag. However, the home nations, England excepted, all play in the colour that is predominant on their flag, Ireland also being the case.

England play in the colours of The Union Jack, not the flag of St. George. England are also the only nation that plays the anthem of Great Britain and not an anthem for England. It rather smacks of England promoting being British with their kit and anthem while the other countries that are part of Britain project their own national identities in both the colours of their kit and their anthem. 

N.Ireland play in green without any green on their flag

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Northern Ireland also play in a kit in a different colour to their flag, and also play the British national anthem before games.

• Like 2

• Admin
25 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Very well selected countries there

Of course up until recently it was the Union flag that was seen more at England games and blue has been historically in our kit, as previously mentioned why

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

The reason for this is because England have historically been synonymous with the Union Flag.  It's only in 'recent' times we've have seen rise of the SG Cross.

3500.jpg?width=1300&dpr=2&s=none

Mexico 86:

fifa-world-cup-mexico-1986-2261986-estad

Italia 1990:

_102399722_fans1990.jpg

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 3