IGNORED

Bristol City Structure

Davefevs

Does LM report to Tins or the board? If it's Tins I'd move the line across.

Are you sure of Cisse's role Dave? I'm sure somebody said he hadn't coached for a few years - is that right: I'm not sure just '(International) Recruitment' fills his time otherwise (but what woudl I know :) ). I did see him looking a bit forlorn in the last uncut video. I think he was holding on to the fence, looking on ...

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Anything wrong / missing?

image.thumb.png.8eab7f6a8ff0ac9be4194b802dffb639.png

I’ve not included the medical….and I forgot Andy King too.

Personally I would have it flowing vertically downwards rather than horizontally.

Shit flows downstream and so hierarchies should be displayed as such.

Interesting as well that you're saying Gavin answers to Jon...I'm not certain that's the case, I'd probably have them as a diarchy whereby neither answer to each other but they act as a joint boss. What's the basis for having them as they are?

I'm proud of you for branching out from spreadsheets though. Well done.

• Admin

Anything wrong / missing?

image.thumb.png.8eab7f6a8ff0ac9be4194b802dffb639.png

I’ve not included the medical….and I forgot Andy King too.

Can you sort the curvy lines for my OCD please?

37 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

His nemesis - PowerPoint-man!!!

I'll put it into iGrafx for you when it is complete 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Personally I would have it flowing vertically downwards rather than horizontally.

Shit flows downstream and so hierarchies should be displayed as such.

Interesting as well that you're saying Gavin answers to Jon...I'm not certain that's the case, I'd probably have them as a diarchy whereby neither answer to each other but they act as a joint boss. What's the basis for having them as they are?

I'm proud of you for branching out from spreadsheets though. Well done.

I guess reason for putting it out was to get feedback, because I think it’s unclear / not actually been clarified.  Ian Gay on FBC said LM reports direct to GM…but I hadn’t heard that, but maybe missed it.

Does anyone know?

I will probably put GM and JL inside a box called “Board”.

I’m not too fussed which way it flows, up to down or left to right, until a few things are clarified.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I always avoided PowerPoint like the plague but I assume you can use Snap to Grid to align objects as you can in Excel.

You’d think that the little alignment guides (orange arrows) that appear and you snap to them woukd do exactly that, wouldn’t you, but oh no, they don’t, hence the crooked arrows.

Using Mac version of PowerPoint, so maybe it’s a bit crapper than Windows.

47 minutes ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

I guess reason for putting it out was to get feedback, because I think it’s unclear / not actually been clarified.  Ian Gay on FBC said LM reports direct to GM…but I hadn’t heard that, but maybe missed it.

Does anyone know?

I will probably put GM and JL inside a box called “Board”.

I’m not too fussed which way it flows, up to down or left to right, until a few things are clarified.

You’d think that the little alignment guides (orange arrows) that appear and you snap to them woukd do exactly that, wouldn’t you, but oh no, they don’t, hence the crooked arrows.

Using Mac version of PowerPoint, so maybe it’s a bit crapper than Windows.

I actually worked with this guy briefly once designing Power BI training for operational managers. Makes me nostalgic for work.*

Don't know if it works for the Mac version and there may be something more exciting to watch on telly than this video.** 😁

*this may not be true.

**this is true.

Edited by chinapig

Anything missing?

Yes, a board of directors with a good blend of business, football and other relevant knowledge and skills, jointly responsible for collective decision making, to ensure that one or two individuals can’t make, in isolation, big calls on huge issues without being accountable to their colleagues.

Oh, yes, and somebody with responsibility for communications and media relations, who can actually deliver a simple, coherent statement in front of a camera or microphone without shoving his foot in his mouth.

Would that be too much to ask? (There’s more, but that’ll do for starters - don’t want to appear unreasonably demanding.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Does anyone know?

The million dollar question. 

From the interviews surrounding his appointment I'd say he's certainly reporting to "the board" - it Jon and Gavin. 

Tinnion and Rawcliffe seem to be pseudo-board members. Not on the statutory board and they won't be doing anything like signing the accounts. But I suspect on a day-to-day operational level they're equal to Jon and Gavin.

And this is the rub - it's clear as mud.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Structure feels unwieldy to me.

Gould-NP-Tinnion and obviously the Lansdowns at the top.

Clear lines of demarcation there..let's see how it goes.

Maybe unwieldy isn't quite the right term but I dunno.

It's not unweildy in terms of there being too many people. But i'd say it's definitely ugly and full of the potential for either the duplication of work or blindspots where stuff gets missed and not done. As you say there seems to be little demarcation, and there's scope for overlap, which then leads to possible resentment, envy, and other delightful human traits that are not conducive to a successful team.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The million dollar question. 

From the interviews surrounding his appointment I'd say he's certainly reporting to "the board" - it Jon and Gavin. 

Tinnion and Rawcliffe seem to be pseudo-board members. Not on the statutory board and they won't be doing anything like signing the accounts. But I suspect on a day-to-day operational level they're equal to Jon and Gavin.

And this is the rub - it's clear as mud.

It's not unweildy in terms of there being too many people. But i'd say it's definitely ugly and full of the potential for either the duplication of work or blindspots where stuff gets missed and not done. As you say there seems to be little demarcation, and there's scope for overlap, which then leads to possible resentment, envy, and other delightful human traits that are not conducive to a successful team.

If I’m being serious, rather than facetious, as in my post above, I agree with you and would say it reflects many of the criticisms that have been made recently of the corporate structure and governance - if you can call it that.. It’s hard to make judgments on paper, of course, but I suspect from the chaotic nature of last week’s events that if you were looking at the real situation on the ground, you’d find all sorts of ambiguities, lack of clear definition or roles, demarcation of responsibilities and blurred lines of communication. Doesn’t fill you with confidence.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Does LM report to Tins or the board? If it's Tins I'd move the line across.

Are you sure of Cisse's role Dave? I'm sure somebody said he hadn't coached for a few years - is that right: I'm not sure just '(International) Recruitment' fills his time otherwise (but what woudl I know :) ). I did see him looking a bit forlorn in the last uncut video. I think he was holding on to the fence, looking on ...

He has been training the u21's during his time here

• Thanks 1