IGNORED

New head coach’s post match interview

Ivorguy

I thought it was very worrying. Technical tactical coaching manual speak is fine if a team is winning every week, but I suspect it will become more and more frustrating as we move forward which is where we were with LJ and I hated it. The body language wasnt great as well, if my kid is looking at the floor when they are talking I know they are bullsh!ting. 

I hope I am wrong but I fear Lansdown and Tinnion have made a massive mistake. 

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

15 hours ago, UncleRed said:

Or he could just be trying to think back to the game when he was asked to summarise it by the interviewer. Let’s not read too much into things guys and assume we got all the facts in front of us.

When we ‘look back’ our eyes glance  up into our head, as if we’re trying to find the information in our brain. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

When we ‘look back’ our eyes glance  up into our head, as if we’re trying to find the information in our brain. 

So no one’s ever looked downwards when trying to think of something? Or remembering something? This whole topic of conversation is madness 😂

Edited by UncleRed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Most managers who are screaming and shouting crap really struggle with getting players to listen to them. That's how it works in the real world. Yes, you get fantastic EXCEPTIONS like Clough and Fergie (and even Colin to a lesser degree) but have a look at the record of ex-players who tried to COPY their methods - it ain't great.

I read an interview with Dean Holden not long after he'd taken over at Charlton where he said that, in his second or third game in charge, they had an absolutely awful first half and at half time he completely lost his rag, shouting, swearing, knocking tactics boards over etc. It got a response in the second half and the performance was much improved, but he said that you can't do that more than maybe a couple of times a season because the players just become immune to it. If you're having to do it all the time then it just means they're not listening to you.

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Not really, never met the guy. I was just responding in kind to somebody who clearly enjoys coming across as a bit of dick.

Resorted to name calling, very grown up of you. Couldn’t do that myself on an online forum behind a monitor and keyboard. Surely that would make some look like “a bit of a dick”.

All in good debate I suppose as the “big hitters” like to preach. I’m sure they would be proud of their cult members practicing what they preach.

Someone mentioned this on an another thread so credit to them - can’t remember who, sorry!

I thought I’d post it here to provide some balance and food for thought. 

Very interesting body language from Ange Postecoglu, who is one of the most highly regarded coaches/managers around at the moment.

Love the honesty in his interviews btw. As I did with NP.

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I’ve noticed this a lot generally, even outside of football. While people are speaking they look down or just to the side of your head, if they pause they’ll give eye contact momentarily and once they come to the end of their sentence, their head comes front forwards and full eye contact again. 😂

Got ridiculed on here for saying something similar 😞

25 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Someone mentioned this on an another thread so credit to them - can’t remember who, sorry!

I thought I’d post it here. 

Very interesting body language from Ange Postecoglu, one of the most highly regarded coaches/managers around at the moment.

Don’t care if they’re top 4 after losing the best striker in the world. Get him gone.

1 hour ago, UncleRed said:

Well it was, you said people look down when speaking then make eye contact after.

I said he looked down only when replying. 🙈

Yeah think that was more to do with your other responses and tone in that conversation, with that particular poster as far as I can see can’t see anyone said you were wrong?

Anyway that’s my observation. 

Edited by JP Hampton

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Ok, but I don’t see where you think anyone ridiculed you? If you think that then probably best to discuss it with the person responsible. 

Just read the posts after. I did call them out on it, It just gets ignored as usual. Is what it is. It’s over with.

I got the impression of a man realising this is going to be alot tougher then he first realised. I'd imagine tinion and JL give it all the spill about us having a top 6 side etc now manning has seen first hand on the touch line that clearly isn't the case. We need good recruitment over the next few windows players that play the liam manning way this is so important to our progression under him! it's more or less over to the board aswell now to back there appointment. otherwise its totally pointless sacking a manager who's had two years to put his stamp on the team. I do believe we need to see the exits of some players also the top of that list would be weimann followed by Williams ( can't stay fit ) matty james worth a 1 year deal king needs to just go into coaching if he doesn't want to then he also needs to go the midfield seriously needs sorting and so does the striking department because right now it's no where near the high possession incisive passing and attacking unit the club are saying they want.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1