IGNORED

Chelsea v Man City

Chrizzler

Cole Palmer is a very interesting player. Nothing like the usual English archetype, more like a Berbatov or Bergkamp which this country don’t seem to produce.

I’d like to see him in an England squad soon because he has plenty of je ne sais quoi. Makes it all the more frustrating that Southgate insists on picking Phillips and Henderson for some reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Cole Palmer is a very interesting player. Nothing like the usual English archetype, more like a Berbatov or Bergkamp which this country don’t seem to produce.

I’d like to see him in an England squad soon because he has plenty of je ne sais quoi. Makes it all the more frustrating that Southgate insists on picking Phillips and Henderson for some reason.

Very much in the same mould as Bellingham.  Can’t see Southgate playing them both, far too positive.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Do you want Palmer to play as either a holding or box to box midfielder, which Phillips and Henderson are?

Otherwise to get in the squad he's going to have to oust the likes of Saka or Foden. We have a rich seam of attacking players at the moment but you can't pick them all.

• Like 1