IGNORED

Oh No It's A...............

Bristol Boy

Guest Dwarfster
"we're up for it" post on the main webiste by Lita.

You always know when things are bad, you start seeing these before every game.The players take it in turns to reassure...............themselves really, because the fans know whats happening!

We used to get this on our web site, the only difference was when Graydoom was in charge and we were continually 'gelling' (whatever the hell that means!?)

WOULD YOU RATHER HE SAID THEY WEREN'T UP FOR IT? :grr:

I'd rather it didnt need saying at all as it should be taken as read that all the players are 'up for it' - although after the first three games particularly the first 45 on saturday it seems we need reassuring now - or as BB says perhaps they themselves do!!!!! :grr:

Come on.

The players don't know they are "up for it". It's just poor marketing spin using one player at a time thinking that such peurile comments will sell a few more tickets and also help fill up the daily "Official BCFC" web requirement.

It reminds me of that sad idiot who screams "Come on you Reds" at the start of every game. How naff; it makes me shudder and stops the cheers of genuine City fans who will never cheer on command.

PS. This site could do with a spell checker.

Guest Flannel_Dave

It really is ridiculous when you start moaning about players saying they are up for a game.

Players get interviewed by the press at training, games etc and their way of handling the press without getting slaughtered is to chuck in a few footballing cliches ie."we're up for the game" or "we'll take each game as it comes" etc etc. Big deal!

I appreciate that everybody is entitled to their own opinion but this board does get very tedious sometimes when every post I seem to read is a moan.

I'd rather it didnt need saying at all as it should be taken as read that all the players are 'up for it' - although after the first three games particularly the first 45 on saturday it seems we need reassuring now - or as BB says perhaps they themselves do!!!!! :grr:

Spot on.

Talks cheap

Show us you're up for it by winning 4-0.

It really is ridiculous when you start moaning about players saying they are up for a game.

Players get interviewed by the press at training, games etc and their way of handling the press without getting slaughtered is to chuck in a few footballing cliches ie."we're up for the game" or "we'll take each game as it comes" etc etc. Big deal!

I appreciate that everybody is entitled to their own opinion but this board does get very tedious sometimes when every post I seem to read is a moan.

It's not the fact that LL has said it, moreover, it's the fact that these posts always start to appear when there's a problem.

It happened a lot last season and players were "trotted out" to say "they were up for it" which is more tedious than anything I've ever posted.

Don't insult us by saying that and playing like we did at Bmth when we were a disorganised rabble in the first half.

The other one is "we're working on this in training."

We've been working on corners & free kicks for over a year and we're utterly awful at both defending and attacking them!!

Guest Flannel_Dave

I didn't mean to cause offence with my comments and I completely agree that we were awful at Bournemouth- I was there, I had to suffer it aswell!

But when players are interviewed I would much rather see them come out with positive statements like 'we are up for it' than something negative or nothing at all.

I just don't see the problem with him saying it!

Archived