IGNORED

We moan about men's refs

Lorenzos Only Goal

The women's game is in danger of losing fans, there have been some utterly shocking decisions the Chelsea result last night  is just one of a long line of nonsense.  Earlier in the season Man City were the recipients of a stupid second yellow and red.  Something needs to be done across both games tbh to raise the quality and consistency of refs.

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst I appreciate the need to improve the standards, I wouldn’t agree that the game is in danger of losing fans.
I don’t know anyone who has ever stopped watching football because of a decision by a referee. 

I mean more the women's game than the men's.  The women's game this season has had that mental 28second time wasting yellow/red and the two decisions with Chelsea last night were awful.

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

The women's game is in danger of losing fans, there have been some utterly shocking decisions the Chelsea result last night  is just one of a long line of nonsense.  Earlier in the season Man City were the recipients of a stupid second yellow and red.  Something needs to be done across both games tbh to raise the quality and consistency of refs.

It obviously wasn't a penalty, thats a bad decision

The offside though I assume was against the striker who may have been interfering? The goal scorer was miles onside of course

2 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

More with the men’s game but I have noticed a few incidents in women’s games aswell , players cheating in some form or another that’s a start to help referees , 

8 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I mean more the women's game than the men's.  The women's game this season has had that mental 28second time wasting yellow/red and the two decisions with Chelsea last night were awful.

If that was the Man City game v Chelsea where she got a 2nd yellow, the ref was 100% correct to do so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Do they use only female refs? If so and there is a shortage, why not use some of the male officials with more experience until there is parity?

Who do you suggest? Keith Stroud? Or perhaps one of the number of other useless Championship referees we have seen at AG over the last few years. It’s not like the footballers, where there is a division you can watch and say that those particular referees are so much better than others elsewhere. They all seem capable of making some real howlers, it’s just that at the very top level they have VAR to help them out.

Edited by Dr Balls
Spelling
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Who do you suggest? Keith Stroud? Or perhaps one of the number of other useless Championship referees we have seen at AG over the last few years. It’s not like the footballers, where there is a division you can watch and say that those particular referees are so much better than others elsewhere. They all seem capable of making some real howlers, it’s just that at the very top level they have VAR to help them out.

I suppose my suggestion was more about overcoming any issue with supply and demand, negating any restriction on the gender of the official. If all refs are terrible then maybe the job is harder than you appreciate?

23 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

A good start would be stopping abuse by players and spectators when young refs are coming thru. If we have a bigger talent pool the quality and competition improves.

On 17/11/2023 at 01:05, Dr Balls said:

Keith Stroud refereed the West Ham v Aston Villa game today . Finished 2-3.

On 16/11/2023 at 21:24, grifty said:

If that was the Man City game v Chelsea where she got a 2nd yellow, the ref was 100% correct to do so.

Yes it was for dissent.

As part of the new rules.

Trouble is as ever they aren't applied consistently so the poor ref got stick for being too fussy etc because she was doing something unusual which "ruined the game"

That Chelsea game probably needed VAR but then people have said they'd rather see on pitch howlers by officials than have to stand around waiting for the VAR to make a decision. 

Edited by Markthehorn

Ask yourself a question, would you consider being a football referee? 
The answer is probably no, today’s football officials get insulted, abused, threatened and conned every game.

Before each game starts the players exchange handshakes and the moment the game starts they’re trying to get opposing players booked or sent off with the feigning injury tactics,  slapping the turf and doing triple turns only to be perfectly ok to continue a minute later, no other word to describe this but cheating and we blame referees for being not up to standard.

As a former referee in local football there was a time when I used to enjoy Saturday afternoons but the abuse and threats of violence against me eventually made me decide to give it up.

So would you like to become a referee?

• Flames 1