IGNORED

Watford away.

BCFC1512

I don’t remember our away support being as consistent as it has been the last couple of seasons, selling out pretty much every away end as far as the Midlands, even Leeds this season. Does seem to be a nationwide trend when you look at some other average away attendances too. Most are up, we sell out probably 60-70% of places we go but are still bang average in terms of average away crowd size. Obviously geography related too but does seem to be something going on there. Still a post covid boom thing perhaps. Or young people with less to do now than 5-10 years ago with a decline in other events. Many staying at home longer with more disposable income for trains to Leeds and Leicester. What else you gonna do type thing. 

Edited by BUTOR
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BUTOR said:

I don’t remember our away support being as consistent as it has been the last couple of seasons, selling out pretty much every away end as far as the Midlands, even Leeds this season. Does seem to be a nationwide trend when you look at some other average away attendances too. Most are up, we sell out probably 60-70% of places we go but are still bang average in terms of average away crowd size. Obviously geography related too but does seem to be something going on there. Still a post covid boom thing perhaps. Or young people with less to do now than 5-10 years ago with a decline in other events. Many staying at home longer with more disposable income for trains to Leeds and Leicester. What else you gonna do type thing. 

Night away games against Northern teams bring our average down massively 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Got a couple of long ones out to east anglier aswell , that will be interesting this year how many we take there , but tbf I ve been to Naarich a few times and we have usually taken decent numbers , went to Ipswich on a night game took about 400 I believe

57 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

It does obviously but to be fair we did take over 400 to Hull and Rotherham for night games this season, the latter also on Sky and with a trip to Leeds a few days later. I've known us take less to those sort of places on a Saturday.

On 25/11/2023 at 12:28, Ska Junkie said:

Personally, I enjoy away games more than home ones so try and do a few.

Just my opinion, obviously.

Only done 3 and 2 lost ( Cardiff & Leicester) with QPR borefest , but brilliant days out.

On 25/11/2023 at 13:26, Super said:

Boxing day away is rubbish really.

I'm in Essex , I think it worked out 3/4 trains or an hour and a halves drive and no beer .

Think I've give it a miss.

• Like 2