IGNORED

U21s v MILLWALL

Haven’t seen anything about this, seems the U21s played Millwall this afternoon.

Lost 5-1 according to the Millwall site, can’t see anything on City site.

Anyone any idea of the team or our scorer?

Anyone who follows the unders closely able to enlighten me - feels like in the past whenever I saw we were playing they were beating all comers, but this season they seem to lose whenever I catch a result?

Not a moan or anything - they’re young lads learning the trade and I’m sure a few of them will be stars for the first team one day given our excellent track record of youth development.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Anyone who follows the unders closely able to enlighten me - feels like in the past whenever I saw we were playing they were beating all comers, but this season they seem to lose whenever I catch a result?

Not a moan or anything - they’re young lads learning the trade and I’m sure a few of them will be stars for the first team one day given our excellent track record of youth development.

They're putting out very young teams.

A few young teenagers today.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Wonder if LM has asked the U21s to adopt a change in playing style to match the first team? May affect the results for a while as they get to grips with a change if so.

Just think it’s a transitional period as so many have broken through into first team, and the next batch aren’t ready yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

For several years I believe that we have tried to introduce young Academians at an earlier stage than many other clubs. If that is true, it can get the youngsters more experience playing with and against those who could be several years older, thus getting them to progress quicker both in footballing talent and their mental growth. On the other hand, it can mean we get walloped by more experienced sides.

• Thanks 1