IGNORED

Barnsley Vs Wycombe crazy winner

phantom

• Admin

The game was goal less going into injury time when this happened 

Obvious contact? 

Keeper drops the ball? 

What the below doesn't show is the ref just gave a drop ball which is how the keeper got ball 

Goal is awarded, Wycombe also get a player sent off for arguing with the referee 

I'd be checking betting accounts after this one 

The goalkeeper definitely makes the most of it but I still don’t get how it wasn’t given as a foul as there was obvious contact and literally no way the forward could be trying to legally play the ball when it was in the keeper’s hands.

I do think there are certain circumstances where a foul should be given AND the fouled player be booked for simulation.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 5

Coming into contact with another player doesn’t constitute a foul, as said previously this is what’s wrong with today’s game, trying to con the referee at every opportunity, no other word for it but cheating, referees are criticised continuously but players need to take a long hard look at themselves, it’s embarrassing 

• Like 4

Karma for a keeper playing silly buggers and a pretty pathetic team.  Totally his fault for letting go of the ball after throwing himself to the ground.  Why were Wycombe time wasting in injury time when the score was still 0-0?  Imagine if you travelled all the way up to Barnsley on a freezing midweek evening to watch your team give up trying to win.  Is a bore draw at Oakwell really the height of their ambitions??  Deserve everything they got 🤣

Just now, red panda said:

Karma for a keeper playing silly buggers and a pretty pathetic team.  Totally his fault for letting go of the ball after throwing himself to the ground.  Why were Wycombe time wasting in injury time when the score was still 0-0?  Imagine if you travelled all the way up to Barnsley on a freezing midweek evening to watch your team give up trying to win.  Is a bore draw at Oakwell really the height of their ambitions??  Deserve everything they got 🤣

In fairness if its 0-0 tonight in injury time do you think we won't be wasting some time?

30 minutes ago, red panda said:

Yep, if you're gonna throw yourself to the ground like you've been shot, at least hang on to the ball til the ref blows his whistle 😅

55 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness if its 0-0 tonight in injury time do you think we won't be wasting some time?

If its 0-0 in the last minute of injury time and we have possession in their half, the thought 'take it in to the corner you silly bugger' might conceivably cross my mind...

• Like 1

I agree he got what he deserved for taking the mick, and I'd like to see referees let more of this go.

However, for 40 years at least, any sort of contact with a keeper is given as a foul. Sometimes just jumping in the air next to the keeper at a corner is a foul apparently. Given this, I am surprised the goal was allowed to stand. 

56 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

When did it change from hands to hand? I was always taught that if a keeper had one hand on the ball it was still in play. 

I think the key phrase is “control of the ball” - as I understand it, the ball is in play if the keeper has one hand on it in a goal mouth scramble but not if the keeper is standing with it firmly in their hand.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think the key phrase is “control of the ball” - as I understand it, the ball is in play if the keeper has one hand on it in a goal mouth scramble but not if the keeper is standing with it firmly in their hand.

I seem to recall something along the lines of if the keeper has the ball in one hand but pressure on it, ie when it’s on the ground, he’s considered to be in control.  So a bit like a try in rugby when they have to apply pressure.

I might’ve got the interpretation wrong, but the old “two hands” shout wasn’t as defined as I thought.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I seem to recall something along the lines of if the keeper has the ball in one hand but pressure on it, ie when it’s on the ground, he’s considered to be in control.  So a bit like a try in rugby when they have to apply pressure.

I might’ve got the interpretation wrong, but the old “two hands” shout wasn’t as defined as I thought.

Do you remember the Forest player who crept up behind the keeper who was holding the ball in one hand, and nodded it off him to score. Maybe that's when it was changed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I always look at players reactions as the reaction says a lot. 

In this instance it seemed as if the keeper knew he was to blame. Absolutely zero outrage from him for what people are calling a huge injustice. 

I thought that he just assumed he’d get a free kick. That was why there was no reaction - at least, not until he realised the goal was given. But who knows!