IGNORED

Euro 2024 draw

Never to the dark side

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

So realistically, quarters we could face Germany, Spain or Italy, and if we don’t face one in the quarters then we naturally will in the semis. 

I really think if we can avoid Spain/someone else knocks them out, we win the whole thing. 

Think you are giving Spain a bit too much credit there! No Gavi, a mediocre defence and Morata up top. I personally don’t think they are anywhere close to our level (currently). France is the main worry to stop us winning, but even then i fancy our chances as long as we have Kane and Bellingham fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

Think you are giving Spain a bit too much credit there! No Gavi, a mediocre defence and Morata up top. I personally don’t think they are anywhere close to our level (currently). France is the main worry to stop us winning, but even then i fancy our chances as long as we have Kane and Bellingham fit.

France in the same side of the draw as us.  Possible semi final clash.

5 hours ago, Malago said:

France in the same side of the draw as us.  Possible semi final clash.

Im always a bit confused on how the route works these days, especially as 2 (i think?) of the best 3rd place sides go through. If we want to win it then we were always likely to meet France at some stage & we are due a win over them at some point!

Never know, they may have a mare like last time and get knocked out in the second round, but the fact that they don’t seem to have many bad eggs in their dressing room these days makes that scenario less likely this time.

• Admin

The BBC will show England's first two group games at Euro 2024 and ITV will broadcast the opening match between Germany and Scotland.

England, finalists at Euro 2020, will take on Serbia and Denmark before their final Group C meeting with Slovenia, which will be on ITV.

Hosts Germany face Scotland on 14 June.

Scotland's other Group A matches - against Switzerland and Hungary - will be shown on the BBC.

If Wales qualify for the tournament via March's play-offs, the BBC will show their group games against France and the Netherlands.

The BBC will have first choice for the quarter-finals, while ITV will have the first pick of the last-16 ties and semi-finals.

Both broadcasters will show the final.

One of the most anticipated group matches - three-time winners Spain against reigning champions Italy in Group B - will be on ITV.

The BBC will show France, World Cup runners up last year, against 1988 European champions the Netherlands in Group D.

"With the Uefa European Championship, the Paris Olympics and Wimbledon all on the BBC next year, our summer of sport promises to be very memorable," said Philip Bernie, head of content at BBC Sport.

"We're proud that the BBC will once again bring audiences comprehensive coverage and analysis of the whole event across TV, radio and online, ensuring fans, wherever they are, can enjoy it all."

ITV director of sport Niall Sloane said: "We're delighted to be able to bring viewers what should be a flying start to the tournament with the opening match between Scotland and the hosts."

Uefa Euro 2024 group schedule

14 June: Germany v Scotland (20:00 BST) - ITV

15 June: Hungary v Switzerland (14:00) - ITV

15 June: Spain v Croatia (17:00) - ITV

15 June: Italy v Albania (20:00) - BBC

16 June: Play-off A winners* v Netherlands (14:00) - BBC

16 June: Slovenia v Denmark (17:00) - ITV

16 June: Serbia v England (20:00) - BBC

17 June: Romania v play-off B winners** (14:00) - BBC

17 June: Belgium v Slovakia (17:00) - ITV

17 June: Austria v France (20:00) - ITV

18 June: Turkey v play-off C winners*** (17:00) - BBC

18 June: Portugal v Czech Republic (20:00) - BBC

19 June: Croatia v Albania (14:00) - ITV

19 June: Germany v Hungary (17:00) - BBC

19 June: Scotland v Switzerland (20:00) - BBC

20 June: Slovenia v Serbia (14:00) - ITV

20 June: Denmark v England (17:00) - BBC

20 June: Spain v Italy (20:00) - ITV

21 June: Slovakia v play-off B winners (14:00) - BBC

21 June: Play-off A winners v Austria (17:00) - ITV

21 June: Netherlands v France (20:00) - BBC

22 June: Play-off C winners v Czech Republic (14:00) - BBC

22 June: Turkey v Portugal (17:00) - ITV

22 June: Belgium v Romania (20:00) - ITV

23 June: Switzerland v Germany (20:00) - BBC

23 June: Scotland v Hungary (20:00) - BBC

24 June: Albania v Spain (20:00) - BBC

24 June: Croatia v Italy (20:00) - BBC

25 June: Netherlands v Austria (17:00) - BBC

25 June: France v play-off A winners (17:00) - BBC

25 June: England v Slovenia (20:00) - ITV

25 June: Denmark v Serbia (20:00) - ITV

26 June: Slovakia v Romania (17:00) - BBC

26 June: Play-off B winners v Belgium (17:00) - BBC

26 June: Play-off C winners v Portugal (20:00) - ITV

26 June: Czech Republic v Turkey (20:00) - ITV

*Play-off A winners: Wales, Finland, Poland or Estonia

**Play-off B winners: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Ukraine, Israel or Iceland

***Play-off C winners: Georgia, Luxembourg, Greece or Kazakhstan

TAKEN FROM: Euro 2024: BBC to show first two England games, ITV to broadcast Germany v Scotland - BBC Sport

• Thanks 1

A group in which we should get 9 points.

In theory Denmark should have been a bigger threat at the laat WC but underperformed majorly, Serbia on paper seem to have some talented players and when they do qualify can qualify strongly- winning in Portugal to seal their WC 22 place was impressive but never perform to let alone greater than the sum of their parts. Slovenia will be easy easy but they're spirited and Oblak is a high quality GK.

Scotland, maybe as one of the best 3rd place but that group isn't so easy. Hungary seem to have revived over the last decade e.g. on paper Germany seem to have imploded since World Cup 2018 but is their squad even that bad??

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Managed to get a ticket for the England v Denmark game in Frankfurt. Fantastic.

Booked flights with Lufthansa from Bristol to Frankfurt direct. Lovely.

Lufthansa email me this morning to say both flights have been cancelled!!

What a bunch of *****, and what possible explanation can there be for cancelling flights to Germany during a major football tournament?

Don't know if others have experienced similar, or if there is an explanation? @Blagdon red

Bit stuck now as other options are going to result in more expense and taking three days leave, which I don't really have.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What a bunch of *****, and what possible explanation can there be for cancelling flights to Germany during a major football tournament?

Don't know if others have experienced similar, or if there is an explanation? @Blagdon red

Bit stuck now as other options are going to result in more expense and taking three days leave, which I don't really have.

It's obviously a few hours north of Frankfurt but there is a Berlin to Bristol easyjet flight on the 21st that I'm on, will be heading up there after the Denmark match

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We’ve had ours cancelled later on that month as well. *******.  They’ve pulled the route I guess. 

Edited by lenred

• Admin

Don't know if others have experienced similar, or if there is an explanation?

18 minutes ago, lenred said:

We’ve had ours cancelled later on that month as well. *******.  They’ve pulled the route I guess. 

@Kid in the Riot @lenred

Airline to scrap all flights from popular UK airport next year | The Sun

I was nervous about this, and price of flights and not knowing if I’d get tickets so I’ve decided to drive, taking the Mrs and staying with her friend in Frankfurt so will make a holiday of it.

Got tickets for Denmark and Slovenia, and may stay if I get a KO game ticket, at least the car gives us flexibility.

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I was nervous about this, and price of flights and not knowing if I’d get tickets so I’ve decided to drive, taking the Mrs and staying with her friend in Frankfurt so will make a holiday of it.

Got tickets for Denmark and Slovenia, and may stay if I get a KO game ticket, at least the car gives us flexibility.

Fair enough.

It's actually "only" 5.5 hours on the train from London to Frankfurt, so may just do that. 

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough.

It's actually "only" 5.5 hours on the train from London to Frankfurt, so may just do that. 

Would’ve loved to have done that. It’s bloody expensive though!  I’ve just rebooked flights but from Brum as opposed to Bristol.  Annoying but what can you do. Am going to try and get compo to cover the train from them as well. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I’m flying via Dublin on the day off the game 6.00 out of Bristol to Dublin then 9.00 to Frankfurt coming back on the Saturday direct to Bristol £170 

Fair enough.

We've got no tickets but we're taking the train to Cologne and then travelling around Germany by train, which is comfortable and reliable and a good way to see the country. We did the same back in 2006, but had tickets to England v Paraguay in Frankfurt that year.

The German railway tickets for next June have just gone on sale this week. Decent discounts if you book early. The pricey bit is the return Eurostar to Brussels - change there for Cologne. The Man in Seat 61 website has all the details.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm going to a wedding near Frankfurt September next year and those flights were also just cancelled so the route being pulled makes sense

On 20/12/2023 at 17:36, Red Exile said:

We've got no tickets but we're taking the train to Cologne and then travelling around Germany by train, which is comfortable and reliable and a good way to see the country. We did the same back in 2006, but had tickets to England v Paraguay in Frankfurt that year.

The German railway tickets for next June have just gone on sale this week. Decent discounts if you book early. The pricey bit is the return Eurostar to Brussels - change there for Cologne. The Man in Seat 61 website has all the details.

Thanks for that, didn't realise train tickets had gone on sale this week. Got my ticket from Amsterdam to Essen (where I'm staying for the Gelsenkerken game) for £18 which is a bargain! Looks like some tickets still aren't available yet (eg I want Frankfurt to Berlin after the 2nd game) but maybe will  be available next few days.

On 20/12/2023 at 17:36, Red Exile said:

1 hour ago, Zookeeper WSM said:

Thanks for that, didn't realise train tickets had gone on sale this week. Got my ticket from Amsterdam to Essen (where I'm staying for the Gelsenkerken game) for £18 which is a bargain! Looks like some tickets still aren't available yet (eg I want Frankfurt to Berlin after the 2nd game) but maybe will  be available next few days.

Yeah, I can't see that eurostar tickets are on sale yet? Maybe next week or two.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, I can't see that eurostar tickets are on sale yet? Maybe next week or two.

What I've done is book the Eurostar to Brussels separately. You can book the Eurostar through til August. The Brussels station is confusingly called both Midi in French and South/Zuid - but it's the same place. You change in Brussels for the German trains. Then you have to make a separate booking to get on a German train. There are direct trains to Frankfurt. The tickets for the day of the Denmark game go on sale on Christmas Eve according to the German railways website. At the risk of turning into NTTDS for the morning these are useful websites:

https://www.seat61.com

https://int.bahn.de/en/

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/12/2023 at 10:53, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough.

That’s actually not too bad! I think once we get to Frankfurt I’ll look at trains to the other games, might try and see a couple others while we’re there.

Be interested closer to the time to see what pubs etc people are heading too as I’ll be going to the games on my own.

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think they are on sale and gradually going up in price I think.
I've seen people on the ESTC Facebook site put screenshots up of their Eurostar tickets.
I remember one was for a return to Cologne via Brussels at £220