IGNORED

Quality Additions Needed

Lew-T

I think we can all agree we are light on numbers. The depth is certainly not there. But we are short on quality in the starting eleven too. Again, I think we can all agree on that?

Firsly the full backs/wing backs(?)

They are very important positions because they are the outlets, and have the best view of the pitch with more time on the ball. Tanner and Pring do not use that time well enough. IMO we need upgrades in that department to kick on.

Secondly has to be the attacking players.

We are incredibly lightweight and predictable. Harry Cornick however much he tries to be fair to him, isn’t up to it. Sam Bell is in that category aswell. I know Sam is City through and through and the connections with his Dad, but again not good enough. Anis Mehmeti has looked a League 2 player, and I think he’s had his fair share of chances now. 

Thirdly is the GK.

We really need real competition for Max and maybe even another number 1, you could argue?

Those are the key areas we need strengthening if we are serious about this ‘top six’ business.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think we can all agree we are light on numbers. The depth is certainly not there. But we are short on quality in the starting eleven too. Again, I think we can all agree on that?

They are very important positions because they are the outlets, and have the best view of the pitch with more time on the ball. Tanner and Pring do not use that time well enough. IMO we need upgrades in that department to kick on.

We are incredibly lightweight and predictable. Harry Cornick however much he tries to be fair to him, isn’t up to it. Sam Bell is in that category aswell. I know Sam is City through and through and the connections with his Dad, but again not good enough. Anis Mehmeti has looked a League 2 player, and I think he’s had his fair share of chances now. 

Thirdly is the GK.

We really need real competition for Max and maybe even another number 1, you could argue?

Those are the key areas we need strengthening if we are serious about this ‘top six’ business.

The chairman 😂😂 I know , don’t laugh. Has said we got a top 6 squad. If that’s the case , then we don’t need anyone. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Thirdly is the GK.

Agree 100% with this & squad depth was and remains a joke.  As for Tinnion saying we had 2 players for every position we named a squad for first game of 26 that included 3 x GKs and 3 academy lads who were involved from the 2nd game at Millwall but not one had ever started again. Add in McCrorie, Benarous and Atkinson who were all out long term and still in December remain unavailable.  

We had 19 outfield players to choose from but that relies on no injuries which with our squad was never going to happen.  We’ve lost Conway, Wells, Naismith, King, Williams, Roberts for significant periods & some we could have predicted.  The Lansdowns cut the budget & didn’t back Pearson for what we assume were personal reasons but this club rhetoric regarding 2 for every position is utter bullshit.

Pearson suffered with it and the problem is now Mannings.  I’m so pissed off with the comment from Tinnion regarding numbers but most of my anger is to Lansdown who tightened the purse string.   I fully expect the nest egg to be used to try and save face as if we do nothing then we are in trouble.  

Don’t even get me started on quality within squad! 

• Like 2