IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Purchased, took me about 30 seconds.

Could not have been easier, some things do change for the better..

Yep - very simple. I have a rail seat - whatever and wherever that is! - I'll have to fight it out with the boys to decide who goes! It's not going to make member sales.

• Robin 1

I bet we've sold quite a lot of u16 tickets for this. 

I know for an absolute fact people buy u16 season tickets because of the cheap price and the ability to upgrade the child's shirt to an adults shirt for is it 15 quid? And because it gives priority on tickets. Despite maybe the child attending very few/no games. Hence why we see so many empty seats in the SS. 

I suspect the club will be receiving lots of requests to upgrade those child West ham tickets! 

Probably should have had a system where that child's ST must have attended X amount of home games to recieve priority. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

Got 4 x Upper Tier seats no problem when logging on at 10.

Was hoping to get a lower tier, as my eldest has just had an ankle operation , but heh ho.

My issue is that over 4k Lower Tier had already sold out by 10am, in addition to of course a significant amount of Upper Tier tickets.

I'm led to believe that there was an issue with the priority ST sale ( over 3 away games) that afforded the one eligible priority sale ST the ability to purchase unlimited normal ST holders tickets.

Either moving forward, the club need to fix this, or just put it out to all STs at the same time; regardless or how many away games they've been to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I'm led to believe that there was an issue with the priority ST sale ( over 3 away games) that afforded the one eligible priority sale ST the ability to purchase unlimited normal ST holders tickets.

Either moving forward, the club need to fix this, or just put it out to all STs at the same time; regardless or how many away games they've been to.

Untrue, I did have a go at trying to get tickets for my mates who hadn’t been to 3 away games to see if it was possible but you get an error message and the checkout button is blanked out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I bet we've sold quite a lot of u16 tickets for this. 

I know for an absolute fact people buy u16 season tickets because of the cheap price and the ability to upgrade the child's shirt to an adults shirt for is it 15 quid? And because it gives priority on tickets. Despite maybe the child attending very few/no games. Hence why we see so many empty seats in the SS. 

I suspect the club will be receiving lots of requests to upgrade those child West ham tickets! 

Probably should have had a system where that child's ST must have attended X amount of home games to recieve priority. 

Personally I wouldn’t allow people to upgrade child tickets to adult for games like this.

That adult isn’t a season ticket holder and (likely) isn’t a member, and they shouldn’t get priority over those of us waiting patiently for our turn having paid for the privilege.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Untrue, I did have a go at trying to get tickets for my mates who hadn’t been to 3 away games to see if it was possible but you get an error message and the checkout button is blanked out. 

Yes this definitely was an issue.

A mate went in at 9:45 and assigned 4 additional tickets to friends/family, none of whom have been to 3 away games, some haven't been to any, he paid and had email confirmation all before 10:00.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I wouldn’t allow people to upgrade child tickets to adult for games like this.

That adult isn’t a season ticket holder and (likely) isn’t a member, and they shouldn’t get priority over those of us waiting patiently for our turn having paid for the privilege.

We've rang the club and tried, you can't upgrade 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

A mate went in at 9:45 and assigned 4 additional tickets to friends/family, none of whom have been to 3 away games, some haven't been to any, he paid and had email confirmation all before 10:00.

That's really annoyed me. 

Fair enough if I couldn't get a lower tier ticket out of just randomness. 

But to not get one because the system was taken advantage of is rubbish. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Isn't this more of an issue of them allowing access early? They never restrict access until bang on 10am? 

Whenever I am buying tickets I usually start refreshing the online page from about half past/20 to the hour.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we get to the premier league, lots of those child season tickets will get upgraded to adult season tickets. 

You don't need to provide a birth certificate or any proof that the child even exists.

People are basically buying these cheap kids season tickets so they can secure priority on away tickets and have a spare seat for if we go up. 

I think it's something like 50 quid for a child's season ticket? Adult shirt costs 50 quid so essentially they are just paying the 15 quid to secure that ST which is less than a membership. 

Annoys me cos I'd quite like to move seats but none available despite the vast amounts of empty seats. 

Yea it's totally wrong but people do it. It seems like the club isn't going to allow upgrades and that's good but it will mean lots of empty seats because people chanced it. So therefore people like you miss out. 

I hope you're able to secure a ticket. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

That's exactly what others have said.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But people didn't know that. People would have chanced it. Especially for 2 quid. 

100% and that's what we did, hence why we're now trying to hunt down an adult ticket 

I think loads won't go personally and as I have said previously there will be loads of tickets available through others fans on the week of the game 

10 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

100% and that's what we did, hence why we're now trying to hunt down an adult ticket 

I think loads won't go personally and as I have said previously there will be loads of tickets available through others fans on the week of the game 

Tickets sold 9k

Attendees being the purchasers 6.5k

Tickets sold for a profit 1k

No shows 1.5k

My guess 

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Tickets sold 9k

Attendees being the purchasers 6.5k

Tickets sold for a profit 1k

No shows 1.5k

My guess 

1k tickets being sold for profit 🤣🤣

If there’s 1.5k of no shows (given these people will be looking to either give away or sell their ticket face value) there will be no market for anyone to sell tickets on for a profit. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 1