IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

Going to sell out to Season Ticket holders , impressive but a shame for members and the rest missing out.
I did wonder if they will release any more as I thought the max (15%) was 9,200 but I just re read the OS posting;

We have secured the maximum allocation offered of 8,924 tickets for our trip to the London Stadium

Guess that's the lot then . Some will obviously come up in dribs and drabs but no more from WHU.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Going to sell out to Season Ticket holders , impressive but a shame for members and the rest missing out.
I did wonder if they will release any more as I thought the max (15%) was 9,200 but I just re read the OS posting;

We have secured the maximum allocation offered of 8,924 tickets for our trip to the London Stadium

Guess that's the lot then . Some will obviously come up in dribs and drabs but no more from WHU.

Wonder how many home tickets are likely to be sold. With their European games and top flight stuff, I don't think we'll be high on their list of 'must see' games this year. 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how many home tickets are likely to be sold. With their European games and top flight stuff, I don't think we'll be high on their list of 'must see' games this year. 

That's what I was thinking .
My Inlaws asked if I could get them tickets but I steered them to the home end. They'll have no problem as they are from Essex .
I can't see there being that much interest , as you say, bigger fish to fry . Should still be a decent crowd , doubt they will sell out though.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have season ticket holders in every block that is not designated for away fans, only one needs to buy a ticket to make a block unsaleable to us.

11 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Must be the worst ever of the new "super" grounds !

By all accounts it’s a decent athletics stadium, problem is politically it’s a bad look removing the athletics so we’re left with a compromise that pleases nobody 

Saying that, once they started winning a lot of the West Ham fans complaints quieted down a lot 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the keyword there is "offered" not "required".  If WHam decide to give us more then I'm sure the club will take this.  As someone else said though all it takes is for one STH to buy their seat to make the block unavailable to us - unless they relocate them after purchase, which is highly unlikely.

48 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

By all accounts it’s a decent athletics stadium, problem is politically it’s a bad look removing the athletics so we’re left with a compromise that pleases nobody 

Saying that, once they started winning a lot of the West Ham fans complaints quieted down a lot 

I think the problem was, it was always going to end up as a football stadium, we all knew that however when they designed it they were adamant that it was going to be an athletics stadium and that was it. So it was designed to be an Olympic stadium that could easily be scaled back to be an athletics stadium. 

Unfortunately for the tax payer they hadn't considered that an athletics stadium would not be viable. 

West Ham have done the absolute best they could do with it. 

But the problem is and always will be with the initial design. 

It should have been designed as a football stadium that could host the Olympics and could be converted easily in the summer to host summer sports. 

Sebastian Coe is to blame for all of this. 

• Like 2