IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

The reason they won't do this is because there isn't any demand for all the tickets in the ground anyway

The club are never going to make the cheapest tickets in the ground available if there are more expensive seats already available

Yep, but they really should open their minds a bit instead of just following basic accounting principles.

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

The reason they won't do this is because there isn't any demand for all the tickets in the ground anyway

The club are never going to make the cheapest tickets in the ground available if there are more expensive seats already available

If revenue and cost is the sole consideration, same with certain other policies too I expect then yeah of course. If overall experience is a factor becomes more of a Balancing Act IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I personally think you buy a ticket for a certain stand and should be able to sit anywhere within that stand ie same as cinema, first come first served and this should be anywhere in country those that turn up late just fit in wherever available 

Did read a while back that Unreserved seating can have a capacity reduction of 10% but I await other input on this.

I don't go to the cinema that often these days, not a big film watcher but Dave said specific seats.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

14 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I personally think you buy a ticket for a certain stand and should be able to sit anywhere within that stand ie same as cinema, first come first served and this should be anywhere in country those that turn up late just fit in wherever available 

Last time I went to the cinema you book specific seats???

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

That would be chaos.

Imagine turning up with a small child and not getting two seats together. That’s just one scenario. Ridiculous 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Nathandao said:

There have been some before me and will be many after me but looking for two adult tickets for the game. Me and my dad are both members who live near London and I am happy to pay for ticket postage. Thanks

Just got hold of two through the OS so no longer needed. They are still popping up on there!

I realise that it’s a long shot and it’s our problem that we are members rather than ST holders but if there is anyone who bought an extra junior ticket which they have spare I am after one under 18 ticket for the West Ham game (or any ticket). The ticket is for my 17 year old son. We live away from Bristol now so do more away games then home these days. Please message me if you can help, Merry Christmas to all my fellow City fans.

On 19/12/2023 at 09:58, Harry said:

If happens. 
I’ve had a season ticket in the family stand with my daughter for the last 5 seasons now. She’s now 10. On average she’s probably been to about 5 or 6 games per season. And never any evening ones due to age/school night. 
We have the ticket for 2 reasons a) so she can attend when she wants to and b) because it’s a good deal. 

I don’t know if you have young kids, but even if you do, what your kids want and what other kids want will never be the same. 
My daughter isn’t totally into football. But she likes to come down now and again for some daddy time. If it’s cold wet and windy she likely won’t want to come. 

In my vicinity we have about 7 dads and about 11 kids tickets all together. 
I can count 1 game in 5 years that all 18 people have shown up at the same time. Every game there will be at least one of the children who won’t be there (for varying reasons).

Not all kids are diehard supporters who will be there every week through thick and thin, rain and shine. 

There is a fair argument to make that the lack of available seats in the South Stand is a bit of a problem, but let’s not pretend that once a child has a season ticket that they will be wanting to attend every single match. Or to use your words “be bothered”. 

However that does create a problem for the fans who are over 12 and want to attend the odd game; they can never buy a ticket in a half empty ‘sold out’ stand 
it also means that the stand always looks half empty. 
There  needs to be a family area. Probably in the Lansdown which is where you can buy kids tickets. 
I’m not innocent myself because back in the day my kids had a season ticket but I only had one and therefore one had to stay at home. I wouldn’t have minded being shunted into a family area. 

Even longer ago there used to be a Saturday footballers season ticket. You were guaranteed the same seat and you could choose which 8 games you wished to attend. Rest of the time your seat was empty. Same problem but I guess we were in the third tier then so the club ere grateful for any money you could get. 

Need to encourage the kids but not at the cost of a half empty home end and subsequently no atmosphere. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stortfordred said:

However that does create a problem for the fans who are over 12 and want to attend the odd game; they can never buy a ticket in a half empty ‘sold out’ stand 
it also means that the stand always looks half empty. 
There  needs to be a family area. Probably in the Lansdown which is where you can buy kids tickets. 
I’m not innocent myself because back in the day my kids had a season ticket but I only had one and therefore one had to stay at home. I wouldn’t have minded being shunted into a family area. 

Even longer ago there used to be a Saturday footballers season ticket. You were guaranteed the same seat and you could choose which 8 games you wished to attend. Rest of the time your seat was empty. Same problem but I guess we were in the third tier then so the club ere grateful for any money you could get. 

Need to encourage the kids but not at the cost of a half empty home end and subsequently no atmosphere. 

There IS a family area - South Stand end of the Lansdown, upper area.

The concourse has activities going on for kids, there are often injured players there signing autographs, The food kiosks are more kid orientated (pizza and the likes), there is a guess the attendance competition to win a signed teamsheet (my daughter still has hers from her first or second match). Plenty going on, the club make a pretty decent fist of it.

On the other hand, you do feel a little bit out of everything in the Lansdown upper.

I have no issue with kids tickets being sold anywhere around the ground, but do think the free shirt offer should be restricted to that area, otherwise it is possible to 'reserve' a seat next to yours in the SS by buying one for an effective price of £10 a season once you have cashed in the free shirt offer.

• Like 1

I foolishly left it too late to get a ticket - despite having as ST.

However, I went and signed up on the West Ham website and have just bought tickets, which went on general sale at 2pm - no payment for membership required, just create an account.These are etickets which will be sent out seven days or so before the match.

Personally I dont mind being in the home areas and for £25 I've got tickets at the side of the stadium, where I prefer the view.

I had to put my address in (Somerset) but it doesnt seem to exclude by postcode or anything.

So if you missed out, there are plenty of tickets available, provided being in the away fans' area isnt crucial to you.

6 hours ago, Super said:

They bizarrely put out a weakened team last night so would expect even more changes against us. If we show up we have a chance.

Perhaps Moyes is on some sort of League position/points/Europe target.

Winning the Europa League would of course get CL football, would be unprecedented for West Ham and easily their most likely route to the CL.

40 minutes ago, Leveller said:

However, I went and signed up on the West Ham website and have just bought tickets, which went on general sale at 2pm - no payment for membership required, just create an account.These are etickets which will be sent out seven days or so before the match.

Personally I dont mind being in the home areas and for £25 I've got tickets at the side of the stadium, where I prefer the view.

I had to put my address in (Somerset) but it doesnt seem to exclude by postcode or anything.

So if you missed out, there are plenty of tickets available, provided being in the away fans' area isnt crucial to you.

What they may do is crosscheck against City's database, so if your email is on there you might find your ticket withdrawn :(

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Quiet please, Leveller. Best to let people use their own initiative. And not broadcast it for those who have.

• Like 2