IGNORED

Liam Manning

DJI

I was one of those that didn't want NP gone. Unfortunately thought that is now history and whether we like it or not we have to move on. In comes LM with his new style of coaching (on the grass) and a different way of playing.is that wrong? I don't think so. We were hardly hitting dizzy heights before. Always seems one step forward and two steps back. Now we have to have some faith in LM to improve what was already a dull season. Let's at least give him the support and time he needs to make a difference,. 10 games is usually a fairly good indicator of how he might fair. As for BT , I think he is the reason the change has happened, I think he couldn't control NP like he will try LM, it is that relationship that Will ultimately determine LM success or failure I feel. 

• Haha 3

The play is brighter in midfield with a clear pressing and possession/probing type game. Players are taking shots on goal too that was missing previously. The last 25 mins of the first half yesterday shows what we achieve under his coaching. Unfortunately at present our two young forwards Bell and Conway have dipped in form that was the case prior to LMs arrival. With the only other option being the running of Cornick and the one dimensional trickery of Mehmeti we are struggling. Need Wells back soon.

Losing in the last seconds is hard emotionally to take as a supporter and brings back bad memories of the 21/22 season under NP when we did it habitually hence we feel we have gone backwards to then.

BT speculation is unfair to him. He is in a management position at the club and has to be diplomatic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 3

Why do people have to move on if they're still angry at the decision to sack Nigel? (Not a criticism at the OP at all). More because it's been said a few times recently.

People are allowed to still voice their concerns about what happened, and the disgraceful way the Lansdowns managed it all. 

Personally i think it's been a huge step back (so far) in terms of what Nigel and his team were in the process of building whilst having the restrictions they had.  I don't see Liam as an improvement over Nigel (yet, but it's still early days) and don't enjoy watching elements of the football that's being played since Liam took over (get the ball, stop, pass back and sideways). It's not entertaining to watch. Perhaps this will change moving forward.

I don't support the Lansdown family anymore and believe they are out of order with the way they've managed this whole process (especially the terrible comms and rationale for doing this) as well as being completely out of touch with the fans BUT i can still get behind the team and will give Liam time to change my opinion (after all what choice do i have).

I won't be renewing my season ticket though because i'm falling out of love with this club sadly especially after the treatment of Nigel and disrespect shown.

Appreciate i'll probably get abuse for this but there you go.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DJI said:

I was one of those that didn't want NP gone. Unfortunately thought that is now history and whether we like it or not we have to move on. In comes LM with his new style of coaching (on the grass) and a different way of playing.is that wrong? I don't think so. We were hardly hitting dizzy heights before. Always seems one step forward and two steps back. Now we have to have some faith in LM to improve what was already a dull season. Let's at least give him the support and time he needs to make a difference,. 10 games is usually a fairly good indicator of how he might fair. As for BT , I think he is the reason the change has happened, I think he couldn't control NP like he will try LM, it is that relationship that Will ultimately determine LM success or failure I feel. 

10 games you say? 
Iron Chef Cooking GIF by giphystudios2021

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Are we going to see a new issue of bots over the coming weeks?

Yes. 

38 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Who Let the Bots out.

Jon 

11 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

So everyone who has a different opinion to you must be a Nigel Pearson hating robot from Bristol Sport?

No. There are a few recognizable posters who have made their feelings known. But take a good look at the history of some of the ones that are posting. 

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Very bizarre isn't it?

Who types in Italics?

Bizarre it is. The idea That Bristol Sport (and people associated with it) are doing this is off the chart nuts and brings the whole company into disrepute by any standard. 

Bloke up the thread does! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

Why do people have to move on if they're still angry at the decision to sack Nigel? (Not a criticism at the OP at all). More because it's been said a few times recently.

People are allowed to still voice their concerns about what happened, and the disgraceful way the Lansdowns managed it all. 

Personally i think it's been a huge step back (so far) in terms of what Nigel and his team were in the process of building whilst having the restrictions they had.  I don't see Liam as an improvement over Nigel (yet, but it's still early days) and don't enjoy watching elements of the football that's being played since Liam took over (get the ball, stop, pass back and sideways). It's not entertaining to watch. Perhaps this will change moving forward.

I don't support the Lansdown family anymore and believe they are out of order with the way they've managed this whole process (especially the terrible comms and rationale for doing this) as well as being completely out of touch with the fans BUT i can still get behind the team and will give Liam time to change my opinion (after all what choice do i have).

I won't be renewing my season ticket though because i'm falling out of love with this club sadly especially after the treatment of Nigel and disrespect shown.

Appreciate i'll probably get abuse for this but there you go.

This is exactly how I feel at the moment with the club, having seen this scenario too many times over the years. I will decide at the end of the season whether to renew or not. Let’s hope LM can improve things , I support the team not the owners.

3 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

This is exactly how I feel at the moment with the club, having seen this scenario too many times over the years. I will decide at the end of the season whether to renew or not. Let’s hope LM can improve things , I support the team not the owners.

I think that is the way most feel as there is not really a second option except don’t go. 

However I have personally gone from a (by and large) supporter of the majority shareholder to Im so ******* glad I didn’t sell my own!

I know that’s not much of a crum of comfort but I will ensure if there is anything I can do to get them out I will! 

• Like 1