IGNORED

Swansea sack Duff

W-S-M Seagull

I bet Mannings kicking himself.

Thats a job which would have been a totally natural fit for him based on how they played under Martin and he’d have got time based on that. Duffs style was never taken to by the fans and a reversion back to how they have played football more recently seems how they’re likely to go.

• Like 2

Job for Manning? 

What, too soon? 🤣

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thats a job which would have been a totally natural fit for him based on how they played under Martin and he’d have got time based on that. Duffs style was never taken to by the fans and a reversion back to how they have played football more recently seems how they’re likely to go.

Beat me to it Silvio! 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He can't make a career of following Russell Martin around ! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I'm now wondering if Swansea were one of the clubs that were showing an interest in him which caused us to act quickly. 

I agree that Manning is far more of a natural fit for Swansea than for us. 

The things that are being said about Duff is kinda how our fans feel about Manning. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He always seemed a bit of an odd fit there, completely different in style to what they've been used to and the fans never took to him.

Slow start then had a good little run but generally hasn't found any consistency . 

2 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Fans are ecstatic he has gone.  Now they are hoping his replacement isn't Nathan Jones.

Isn't Jones a Cardiff fan too so certainly wouldn't go down well! 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm now wondering if Swansea were one of the clubs that were showing an interest in him which caused us to act quickly. 

The things that are being said about Duff is kinda how our fans feel about Manning. 

It wouldn’t happen, but hypothetically if you were Manning knowing what you know now (which arguably he should have known before) about the shape of the squad vs your style and the boards expectations vs the actuality of the scenario, and Swansea did come in for you, what would you do? A set of players better set up to how you want to operate and lower expectations from the fanbase because of the scenario.

“The city job wasn’t what I was sold and I want a club aligned with my philosophy”

Its a pretty easy argument for him to make.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It wouldn’t happen, but hypothetically if you were Manning knowing what you know now (which arguably he should have known before) about the shape of the squad vs your style and the boards expectations vs the actuality of the scenario, and Swansea did come in for you, what would you do? A set of players better set up to how you want to operate and lower expectations from the fanbase because of the scenario.

“The city job wasn’t what I was sold and I want a club aligned with my philosophy”

You are probably right, although Oxford fans would possibly say he wouldn’t think twice if the price was right. 

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I wanted Duff here.

We went too early.  Think he’d have been a natural successor to Nige.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He could do a Coppell-esque about turn!!!

31 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

First sentence: that’s an interesting thought. Could be.

Last sentence: I do wish you’d stop lumping all City fans into a single entity with a single view. Thats far from the case. And I for one certainly don’t feel about Manning the way Swansea fans are said to feel about Duff (although I suspect there are diverse views there too). I have a feeling you probably do….but your view isn’t necessarily the view of every City fan. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1