IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

First half thoughts.

A workmen-like, energetic performance from us without creating any serious scoring chances. They opened us up a couple of times one resulting in a well taken goal, but on balance, there’s not much between these two sides.

Thought Vyner had a very solid first half as again did Dickie.

We need to be better at keeping the ball ball in the attacking third, too often it breaks down very quickly, and they are back attacking us.

Needless to say, the next goal is going to be crucial.

An enjoyable watch so far between two well match teams, we need a little spot of creativity. trouble is I’m not entirely sure where that’s going to come from.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Flames 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

A feature of how we play w/o the ball.  No definitive screen.  Spotted first game v QPR, and not something we’ve looked to do so far under LM!

And I think a contribution to the goal. If I can see it, if you can see it, I’d be damn sure Jon-Dahl Tomasson or any coach worth his salt at this level can see it. And thus far, ours can’t see that they see it (RIP Matthew Perry) and hasn’t shown an ability to combat accordingly.

As I said a few games ago, sides are sussing us earlier as Mannings reign progresses. Was always going to happen as the element of surprise was removed.

• Thanks 1
Just now, BCFC31 said:

Manning has been set up to fail, you can clearly see that the squad of players we have aren't comfortable playing the way manning wants them to play. it's painful to watch yet the board seems to think we have a top 6 squad and the players can be coached how to play Manning ball there bonkers! unfortunately I think its going to be extremely painful untill the end of Jan even then manning would have to be seriously backed in the transfer market to recruit into his style of play and I feel we will just look leauge 2 for more george tanners. This is just proving it was absolutely pointless sacking pearson he played to the players strengths which was counter attacking football.

I partially agree, but part of being a good manager is knowing how to work with what you've got and transition it into what you want - not just hammer in your own thoughts against the reality of the situation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We’re in a relegation battle this season with all the teams at the bottom slowly improving and closing the gap.

We are so bad in possession it’s actually baffling, we have zero composure we are erratic on the ball, Portsmouth and Bolton last night looked 5x better than us!

The quality of player at this club is shocking to be honest it’s very painful to watch every week.

• Like 1
Just now, Jerseybean said:

First half thoughts.

A workmen-like, energetic performance from us without creating any serious scoring chances. They opened us up a couple of times one resulting in a well taken goal, but on balance, there’s not much between these two sides.

Thought Vyner had a very solid first half as again did Dickie.

We need to be better at keeping the ball ball in the attacking third, too often it breaks down very quickly, and they are back attacking us.

Needless to say, the next goal is going to be crucial.

An enjoyable watch so far between two well match teams, we need a little spot of creativity. trouble is I’m not entirely sure where that’s going to come from.

Agree with this. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We don’t have the numbers to leave anyone who is fit out of the squad, the bench hasn’t been filled once yet under Manning & 3 of the outfield subs (Knight-Lebel, Yeboah & Meerholz) appear to me to be on it with virtually no prospect of getting on but to make it look less embarrassing.

I would not be surprised if Manning is thinking he could make better use of the £1.3m we have earmarked for TGH.

I know we don’t have the numbers to leave him out. What I was saying was , how can anyone come to the assumption he’s not signing perm just because he’s been in the bench . If anything he’d be on for Williams half time. Mind you , could sub most of them . I don’t know what’s happened to bell 

• Like 1
Just now, IAmNick said:

I partially agree, but part of being a good manager is knowing how to work with what you've got and transition it into what you want - not just hammer in your own thoughts against the reality of the situation.

Yep. Even Pep has (slightly) tailored his approach per club. Enforcing a way of playing when you don’t have the players to play that way is moronic.

• Like 1

A very poor half. Worst we've had since LM arrived. Still managed to make a few decent opportunities, but we don't seem to be playing how we have in the other LM games. Playing it long time and again, no real options for Max when it comes back to him.

We did it so much that you have to assume it was part of our game plan. 

Either way (game plan or players not following the plan) feel like the message should have got onto the pitch. I hope/expect to see us keep the ball much more 2nd half, but really should have seen that happen in the first - at least after 20 mins or so when it was clear the constant long balls were not working. 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep. Even Pep has (slightly) tailored his approach per club. Enforcing a way of playing when you don’t have the players to play that way is moronic.

Yeah, and it's what annoys me when people point back 2 - 3 years at how we were under Nige. No shit the football was pretty bad at times - it had to be to keep us in this division, it was all we could do given the resources at our disposal. The alternative was wholesale change and relegation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
6 minutes ago, TheSpaniard said:

Never a top 6 squad - but we do have a decent manager despite what the Pearsonites say.

Not sure I agree with the level of negativity tonight.....

......But it is quite funny seeing you who suddenly appeared preaching anything Manning ......struggling to proclaim , above the criticism levels 

Still you agents get paid more than enough

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1