IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

1 minute ago, 22A said:

Now we've all sung "We'll support you evermore", but tonight at 2-0 I turned the telly off. It was pleasing to see City had pulled one back and threatened an equaliser, but a disappointment nevertheless.

I remain a City supporter, but am just currently down. Looking forwards, let the new manager get his feet under the table so to speak and see which players arrive & leave during January.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to feel positive about City, but I guess at times like this you've just got to have faith.

2 hours ago, ray savino said:

Biggest disappointment for me is that we only started playing with any real intensity and bravery at 2-0 down. First half trying to keep possession we kept giving it away a passing back to Max to hoof aimlessly to give it away.

We started playing at a tempo that gave Blackburn more problems once we had no choice to throw off the shackles and go for it. We then started to look good and looked like we might scrape the draw.

I maintain if we want to play the patient build up stuff, all very well but we needed up the tempo and take some risks first half. Seriously need for at least a couple or three key/good recruits to bolster this team and getting our injured players back in January.

Worry for me is that if we don’t get a couple of wins very soon we could easily get dragged into the bottom part of the table. Actually think we’ve got enough to keep clear, but we can’t carry on playing for parts of games. Losing by the odd goal and playing half decent is still losing whatever. Big, big performance and more importantly result needed against Sunderland (beat Leeds 1-0 tonight) to go into the Xmas period more confidence and take some pressure off the team and manager.

Can I say and excuse the ‘pun’ but you do post some savvy thoughts 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Spike said:

His kicking is bad at times but made to look so much worse when we don't have a single player on the pitch who can take control of a long ball or win a header, of course his kicking is going to look awful if none of our players can win a long ball.

If only his biggest problem was his distribution, league one keeper; perfect for next season!

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure someone on here told me Leeds would catch them

Ha, yes that was me! Thought Ipswich would draw and Leeds win tonight but that's why I don't bet.

But a long, long way to go yet, Leeds have already beaten Ipswich at PR and as we have seen here, things can change drastically after Christmas.

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

We don't of course know whether MCrorie is a player that Manning likes the look of so his recovery may not be material.

True, but the original claim was we need another RB, so after shelling out a rumoured £2m on him, plus having Tanner to choose from (not as bad as being made out on here at present, he’s a steady defender, nothing else) with limited funds Manning is highly unlikely to see a third RB a priority.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

If only his biggest problem was his distribution, league one keeper; perfect for next season!

Honestly, utter rubbish. He's got a lot of qualities overlooked because of our defensive issues. Nigel had to change the defence to play to some of our defenders strengths and cover their weaknesses, Max does a lot of coming out and collecting to help with that, put Bentley back in and we may stop a few more shots but we'd ship a lot more goals because Max does so much that is overlooked. 
I'm at that point with Max where I'm quite happy to see him leave, if not just so the fans see how much he does. The lad gets nothing but abuse for his mistakes but when he makes fantastic plays and does sweeper keeper duties he gets no praise for it. Last night there was a situation where he had to come out and defended the ball at his own corner flag, his thinking was quick, precise and prevented them scoring again, he got nothing for it, in fact most fans bitched about him coming out in the first place.
I think it's just a thing some of our fans do, they rag on players for their performances but overlook the actual issue that makes a player look so bad at times. I personally think max's kicking is an issue but when you consider how much he has to play passes and kick long passes compared to most other keepers I wonder how many would be capable of fulfilling his current role.

12 hours ago, ray savino said:

Biggest disappointment for me is that we only started playing with any real intensity and bravery at 2-0 down. First half trying to keep possession we kept giving it away a passing back to Max to hoof aimlessly to give it away.

We started playing at a tempo that gave Blackburn more problems once we had no choice to throw off the shackles and go for it. We then started to look good and looked like we might scrape the draw.

I maintain if we want to play the patient build up stuff, all very well but we needed up the tempo and take some risks first half. Seriously need for at least a couple or three key/good recruits to bolster this team and getting our injured players back in January.

Worry for me is that if we don’t get a couple of wins very soon we could easily get dragged into the bottom part of the table. Actually think we’ve got enough to keep clear, but we can’t carry on playing for parts of games. Losing by the odd goal and playing half decent is still losing whatever. Big, big performance and more importantly result needed against Sunderland (beat Leeds 1-0 tonight) to go into the Xmas period more confidence and take some pressure off the team and manager.

Intensity is becoming a theme.  Lack of it.  Both with and without the ball.  We are making more passes per game, but so are our opponents too.  Other sides are probably enjoying us not being in their faces, being able to pick passes, work their patterns.

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights and their 2 goals. Really poor defending by Vyner for both goals. Lost his man for the first then for the second bounced off the goalscorer and then in no man’s land when the ball came in.

It would seem that instead of the Zak from the last 12 months under Pearson, since his recent return from injury, we are seeing the player that many of us remember from before, when he really didn’t look like a Championship level player. Partly explains why he have started conceding far more goals since Manning took over. Really needs to regain some form and confidence soon or there will be some echoes of Fontaine.

Edited by Dr Balls