IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

6 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

I've an idea.

Get Crayon Boy to have a meeting with the squad. Convince them they are a top 6 side. 

I'm sure he'd give it a go because the Pr*t is determined to convince the supporters.

I think they’re having too much time off….

By the way, where is JL?  Thought we were going to see improved communication? Not heard anything from him, Tinnion or anyone senior. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Woofyourkipper said:

for all the cornick moaners,atm he brings alot more to our attacking momentum than conway

and tanner is about the most negative player i've seen in a city shirt

No idea what has happened to Tanner he looks miles off it.

• Like 4

Immediate post-match thoughts are usually dangerous…. Nevertheless, here’s mine.

Regarding tonight‘s game, I thought we gave it a decent go and on another night could’ve squeaked a point. Knight had a couple of chances in quick succession, but in all honesty we never really created any clear scoring chances. Equally we limited Blackburn Rovers to many clear chances and ultimately were defeated by poor defending from a corner.

In terms of the bigger picture, Manning would’ve learned a great deal more about his squad from that game. I anticipate he would agree with many on this forum.

We are a mid-championship team at best, lacking the quality and depth needed to compete at the top end of the table.

In particular, we are lacking creativity in midfield, and it continues to be a concern as to where the goals are going to come from.

We are a hard-working, spirited and enthusiastic squad, but that is simply not enough in the championship.

A huge well done to the traveling fans tonight, tremendous support!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Super said:

You can't start playing at 2 down. Only ourselves to blame

This is today in a nutshell. Just didn't start playing until 60mins/when the first set of subs came on. After that I we were easily the best side and probably deserved a draw in the end. But you can't give a 2 goal headstart and wait for 2/3rds of the game to start playing. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

City proved that they can play good, attacking football, but why wait until you're 2-0 down? 

So much better in that last half hour and we probably deserved a draw, but those two soft goals cost us.

I hope that the Sykes and Knight substitutions were for tiredness, because they looked our best players. Yeboah is too raw and offered little, Mehmeti did grow into the game, but we lost our edge despite some presentable chances.

Frustrating, but there's some green shoots.

It’s much, much easier to play without fear when you’re already losing

• Like 9

Much better second half but the first was very weak. Far too passive, especially with the ball. If we want to play this controlled possession stuff then that's great but the opposition aren't going to let you walk it past them. All lot more bravery needed showing for the ball in awkward areas. As much as Bell and Conway arent bad players overnight, Mehmeti and Cornick were much better for this when they came on and dragged us up the pitch a lot more consistently. Still a lot to work on...

• Thanks 1