IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I may be wrong and please correct me if I’m wrong 

But wasn’t it you , particularly during NPs time , that stated , more than once, that no City fan wants to see us lose ?

As an aside ,to clarify , are you now saying that some do ?

To clarify- I said "no TRUE city fan wants us to lose.

Happy to help.

Personally I think we are 3-4 players short of this kind of system working. 

A left footed left winger, attacking midfielder, a goalkeeper and potentially a striker but that’s probably the lowest on the list with wells coming back (and hopefully the other 3 will contribute to better chances being created for our current strikers.) 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Biggest disappointment for me is that we only started playing with any real intensity and bravery at 2-0 down. First half trying to keep possession we kept giving it away a passing back to Max to hoof aimlessly to give it away.

We started playing at a tempo that gave Blackburn more problems once we had no choice to throw off the shackles and go for it. We then started to look good and looked like we might scrape the draw.

I maintain if we want to play the patient build up stuff, all very well but we needed up the tempo and take some risks first half. Seriously need for at least a couple or three key/good recruits to bolster this team and getting our injured players back in January.

Worry for me is that if we don’t get a couple of wins very soon we could easily get dragged into the bottom part of the table. Actually think we’ve got enough to keep clear, but we can’t carry on playing for parts of games. Losing by the odd goal and playing half decent is still losing whatever. Big, big performance and more importantly result needed against Sunderland (beat Leeds 1-0 tonight) to go into the Xmas period more confidence and take some pressure off the team and manager.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Personally I think we are 3-4 players short of this kind of system working. 

A left footed left winger, attacking midfielder, a goalkeeper and potentially a striker but that’s probably the lowest on the list with wells coming back (and hopefully the other 3 will contribute to better chances being created for our current strikers.) 

It is a flawed system, why should we set up this way, when we lack a true RWB, a 3rd ball carrying CB for 2.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Help some more. Which posters want us to lose?

What was the poll result? 90% of us or so?

Just for the record, I’m jeffin miserable as I want Manning to be a success, and I think in time he could be….. but I also thought Nige should have stayed. I’m not sure where I fit on MRR’s true fan scale.

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

I know you like checking things out so where is my shit losing?

No it's not there .i know don't attack the poster but your a *****.

Blimey- seems like you have hit on a theme tonight.

Trouble is- You're  unable to put a grammatical sentence together. 

When you attend school tomorrow, pay extra attention in your  English lesson.

Happy to help.

For me the team that was on the pitch at 60 minutes should have been the team that started.  Too much rotation at the moment is disrupting our cohesion. In isolation we look really good but in the majority quite poor.  Manning, like any other manager who could have come in is going to need a couple of windows to make his mark but I can’t fathom some of the team selections presently. 

• Like 2

If people keep telling themselves ‘the football is better in places’ I’m sure it’ll come true eventually.

But it isn't. It’s crap.

I liked having a style of play that suited our squad rather than one that doesn’t make use of their strengths and exposes their weaknesses. 

Got rid or a pragmatic manager that knew how to get the best out of his players for one that wants to coach out of the textbook. 

Oh and by they way, I’m certain other teams allow their most dangerous attacking player to play 90 minutes rather than dragging him off every single game.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sorry but whatever the problem, Cornick is not the answer. Granted he makes a nuisance of himself, but that's about it. 

If I had a choice on current form (at least 6 weeks) I'd choose Cornick over Sam Bell any day of the week. Not sure what position is Sam's best. Not a winger, not a CF and currently it's like playing with 10 men.

We’re playing better football without doubt  but in spells and look really good , but we are just not converting chances , no matter how well we play in games we are simply not picking up points , I hate cliches but here’s one 

losing becomes a habit in any team game , I fear we have got into that habit let’s hope it doesn’t become an addiction 

we are very quickly eating up the points to the bottom 3 

• Like 2
  • Admin
1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey- seems like you have hit on a theme tonight.

Trouble is- You're  unable to put a grammatical sentence together. 

When you attend school tomorrow, pay extra attention in your  English lesson.

Happy to help.

Your post makes me think of this quote from Abraham Lincoln:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

For 58 minutes we were absolutely dreadful. Robins TV comms was actually interesting for once with Kal and Nakhi really struggling to understand the long balls down the centre and the lack of movement and leadership. 

The last half hour was pretty decent and if we had an in form striker to aim for we might have nicked a point. Finally there was passing and moving and Mehmeti had a little more joy than usual. 

Needs to be much better than that in the future though. 

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1