IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey- seems like you have hit on a theme tonight.

Trouble is- You're  unable to put a grammatical sentence together. 

When you attend school tomorrow, pay extra attention in your  English lesson.

Happy to help.

OK that's nice.Last interaction with you. My English maybe not the best but you will  still remain a *****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s too early to draw any conclusions about Manning but as I understand it, his philosophy is that we control the game and then create good chances. However our two goals from the last two away trips have come immediately after “events” (half time v Huddersfield and subs tonight). When we had control in both games for quite long periods it didn’t lead to a goal. Worryingly we have got 1 point from 2 games against two poor teams.

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If people keep telling themselves ‘the football is better in places’ I’m sure it’ll come true eventually.

But it isn't. It’s crap.

I liked having a style of play that suited our squad rather than one that doesn’t make use of their strengths and exposes their weaknesses. 

Got rid or a pragmatic manager that knew how to get the best out of his players for one that wants to coach out of the textbook. 

Oh and by they way, I’m certain other teams allow their most dangerous attacking player to play 90 minutes rather than dragging him off every single game.

I personally do think the football is better but like you say it doesn’t suit the players we have , if he wants to play his style he needs players that can play it , managers buy certain players to play certain styles manning is trying to play his style with players that were bought / coached a different style by Pearson 

Just now, hollydog said:

It’s too early to draw any conclusions about Manning but as I understand it, his philosophy is that we control the game and then create good chances. However our two goals from the last two away trips have come immediately after “events” (half time v Huddersfield and subs tonight). When we had control in both games for quite long periods it didn’t lead to a goal. Worryingly we have got 1 point from 2 games against two poor teams.

You could equally say that if we'd have controlled some of that first half we might not have been losing 2-0. It was a game where we needed more possession but didn't get it til it was too late, and actually in the last half hour we were only a lucky bounce of the ball away from equalising.

• Confused 1

I actually think that first 50 miniutes was the most concerning since LM has been here. In previous games I could see what he was trying to do so could understand that it may take time. But that first half we didn’t look to pass and move at all. 
Like Naismith and Wells, I was perplexed watching it. 
Obviously improved massively but that’s too late at 2-0 down.

Strange. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

I’d like to know why free kicks and throws from centre of pitch invariably go back into defence? Is it because we are so bad on the ball? James could perhaps answer best!

this is nothing new to us. It was the same under Pearson. Opposition must laugh at us for making it easy for them to defend!

Just now, One Team said:

So the morale has gone? Something that wasn’t an issue 6 weeks ago! 

I wouldn't say it's gone as there was a good reaction today. However the moral has certainly been dented! 

The problem now is and this is what we didnt need. If moral drops, then players are going to not be as invested in the 'project' as they were at the beginning. 

29 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Personally I think we are 3-4 players short of this kind of system working. 

A left footed left winger, attacking midfielder, a goalkeeper and potentially a striker but that’s probably the lowest on the list with wells coming back (and hopefully the other 3 will contribute to better chances being created for our current strikers.) 

Don't forget the right back.

35 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sorry but whatever the problem, Cornick is not the answer. Granted he makes a nuisance of himself, but that's about it. 

He gets sod all game time. If we gave him a run alongside Conway for the next 4-5 games, I think you will begin to see a better return from our strikeforce. And then maybe Knight can drop back a little. Much as I love what Knight's managed to do over the last few games, I don't think playing him so advanced and at 120% max power is a long term strategy. Certainly not in place of an effective strike force anyway. I don't want him burning out.

I mean, we could wait until Wells is back - but how long will that be?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Barely 10,000 home fans including non attending season ticket holders tonight. How are such a poorly supported (and poorly ran with the Venkys being hated) club so competitive in the league?

Probably a higher wage bill than us for one.

How they set up..they know their limitations but often but not always, are very attacking and positive and one thing their local journalist said was it was go assist with putting players in a shop window to sell on and trade.

Now we've all sung "We'll support you evermore", but tonight at 2-0 I turned the telly off. It was pleasing to see City had pulled one back and threatened an equaliser, but a disappointment nevertheless.

I remain a City supporter, but am just currently down. Looking forwards, let the new manager get his feet under the table so to speak and see which players arrive & leave during January.

• Robin 1