IGNORED

Sykes and Knight

BCFCOFSWEDEN

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Crazy to take off two of our better players at that time, unless they were injured.

It was akin to throwing in the towel.

Case of stats over using your bloody eyes. They are both winners by mentality. Sluggers who keep swinging and punching. What you need in a dog fight. Just plain odd.

• Like 1

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Use your eyes son. Those boys would run through a brick wall to win. That is what they were doing. Over bloody thinking it.

Agreed.

It's hard to get a positive momentum going but it is easy to set a downward spiral in place.

Then hard to pull out of one. I fear we are well on track for a downward spiral, we need to go back to basics a bit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I suspect that Manning thinks he's cleverer than he really is.

Repeatedly squandering points, some of which I have no doubt Nige would have secured.

We have replaced a very experienced managerial team with a wealth of knowledge, and who were making steady progress, with a bunch of inexperienced newbies at this level.

Manning is trying to change the playing style and consequently is undoing the strengths and team spirit created by his predecessors.

Could turn out to be an almighty blunder from JL and his henchmen.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Manning has had a shocker. It wasn't long before Sykes outpaced the full back and put in a dangerous cross. Those 2 subs made no sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

That is genuinely baffling to me. 

And me.

The difference between a textbook manager and experienced old school. 

This bloke better be a fast learner. If we, as supporters, think substitutions like this are amateurish, what about the players!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He started both the following games, it was Saturday and last night he didn’t.

However, why didn’t he.  He’s someone that improves us.

Yeah, I'm not sure why TGH was dropped. I'm also not Joe Williams' greatest fan, although he did play alright on Saturday. There must be something that Williams did in training to earn the place?!

TGH is still a bit raw, but I think his quality and mobility benefit us and he should be back in the side.

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why TGH was dropped. I'm also not Joe Williams' greatest fan, although he did play alright on Saturday. There must be something that Williams did in training to earn the place?!

TGH is still a bit raw, but I think his quality and mobility benefit us and he should be back in the side.

I liked Nige’s selection policy in terms of his consistency in using it, even if I felt it became (at times) hard to get dropped (or even rotated).

But there really is no reason, based on form, why TGH doesn’t start one of the last two.  He can only have been left out of one for rotation purposes, not both.  I was flabbergasted to not see him start last night having been in the bench on Saturday.  He could’ve easily permed JW, MJ and TGH across those games.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1