IGNORED

A revisitation one month in

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The difference is that, here, he will be given money to throw at improving us.

Either in January or next summer, depending on how panicked they are by our form - currently running at 50% loss rate over the last dozen games or so.  

Firstly, I hope you are right that he will get money. Secondly, I'm not convinced the hierarchy will make the funds available.

I'm also worried that targets previously identified may now be more reluctant to come to us if this current run of results is replicated.  Results could turn and things could look much better come January. I really can't see it though. 

Here's to hope more than expectation!

10 hours ago, Harry said:

I keep seeing this come up, but as I said back on his first day, it’s not LJ, it’s SOD. 
It’s the talk of processes and decision making and players thinking for themselves, it’s a stubbornness to play his way but not having the players to fulfil that, it’s the awkwardness (or maybe more lacking personality) with the media which won’t endear him to supporters. 
He is much closer to SOD than he is to LJ. 

Harry, I think some fans comparisons with LJ are purely down to the coaching talk and phrases he uses in interviews. 

I agree he's also SoD like in other things. 

As we know SoD and LJ both pissed off many fans with their demeanor and phrases. 

As DaveFevs has pointed out...LM is often on ' Automatic '...full of phrases he just spins out. 

I've found him annoying and downright boring to listen to. 

Someone said if AI chat was to produce a young coach it would be LM. 

• Like 3

Just now, spudski said:

Harry, I think some fans comparisons with LJ are purely down to the coaching talk and phrases he uses in interviews. 

I agree he's also SoD like in other things. 

As we know SoD and LJ both pissed off many fans with their demeanor and phrases. 

As DaveFevs has pointed out...LM is often on ' Automatic '...full of phrases he just spins out. 

I've found him annoying and downright boring to listen to. 

Someone said if AI chat was to produce a young coach it would be LM. 

Fully agree. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think it’s unfair to say that he just “lost his best player”. 
He lost his goalkeeper Fisher to Swansea, he lost his midfield playmaker O’Reilly to Celtic. He lost his creative talent Twine to Burnley. He lost his ball playing centre back rock Darling to Swansea. He lost his energetic CM, Kasumu to Huddersfield (who many say was Hudds best player aging is last week). 
Total of around £8million. 
He spent £150k on an Irish youngster and then the rest were nominal fees or compensation fees. 

Was it a failure? Yes it was. And he was deservedly sacked. But the circumstances were absolutely NOT that he only lost 1 player! 

I did say he lost his best player rather than just one player but I do get your point about the other ones that were sold.

I will caveat the the players that were sold with this.

LM and his team must have been aware of the potential of the departure of his best players. As such, should have had some plan B's or C's lined up. Unless, he was aware but was told that funds wouldn't be made available in any case (sounds familiar).

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This appointment is on Jon and Tinnion's heads. There's no hiding place. Manning can't be allowed to fail, so plenty of funds will be made available. 

They’d better be spent well if the purse strings are loosened.  The very worst that could happen is that we panic buy mediocrity, over pay (as you generally have to in January window) and are then lumbered with dross for 3 years,  meaning we then have to go through another rebuilding phase.  I really really hope the club aren’t that stupid again but I won’t hold my breath with the clowns we currently have in charge.  Not massively au fait with Mannings track record on spending (yes I know we have a recruitment team but he will have a major say) other than his purchases last year seemed quite diverse.   Let’s hope he is diligent as his oft compared equivalent SOD was on transfers!   

• Like 3