IGNORED

Jobe Bellingham, will he be as good as his bro?

reddogkev

I haven't posted for a long old while as I lost my appetite for football, but for some reason my stomach has started to rumble again.

So, onto the guy we face on the weekend, is he going to rip us to pieces (sadly, I fear he will), and how far will he go in the game - England with his brother?  I wonder if Liverpool will go for the younger version of the man they missed out on, if I was Klopp I'd take the chance to sign him before it's too late.

He's only 18, and has so far (according to BBC) only scored 4 career goals, but after scoring the winner during the week, you'd imagine his confidence is going to surge and I'd expect him to go on a bit of a streak.

Of course I'd love SL to dip into his ever-growing nest egg and try to tempt him here, but that's obviously too ludicrous to even consider, but there you go, I've only gone and done it.  What are your thoughts on the fella and his future?

11 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

No. End of story. 

Rio and Anton are another example.

Jude is world class and any decent manager would build his England team around him to get the best out of him. One in a gernation type player and comes across as a really nice kid from a great family.

Reminds me of Jimmy Ormond going out to bat where he was met by Mark Waugh:

MW : Look who it is. Mate what are you doing out here, there’s no way you’re good enough to play for England 

JO: Maybe not, but at least I’m the best player in my family.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Plenty of time for him to develop so you never know but I think he will likely always be in Jude's shadow such is the amazingly talented player he is.

Perhaps a bit like the Laudrup brothers and hopefully for his sake not like the Pogbas.

Welcome back btw, you've picked an interesting time to return. At least we can be sure you're not a Bristol Sport AI bot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

MW : Look who it is. Mate what are you doing out here, there’s no way you’re good enough to play for England 

Quality.

Eddo Brandes Zimbabwe batsman walks to the wicket, Glenn McGrath, “why are you so fat?”. 
Brandes, because every time I shag your wife she gives me a biscuit..

Greg Thomas to Viv Richards after he played & missed “it’s 6 pounds, red & round mate”.

Viv after he hit his next ball out of the ground & into the river Tone, “hey man, you know what it looks like, now go & find it”.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Quality.

Eddo Brandes Zimbabwe batsman walks to the wicket, Glenn McGrath, “why are you so fat?”. 
Brandes, because every time I shag your wife she gives me a biscuit..

Greg Thomas to Viv Richards after he played & missed “it’s 6 pounds, red & round mate”.

Viv after he hit his next ball out of the ground & into the river Tone, “hey man, you know what it looks like, now go & find it”.

6lb cricket ball? Blimey,  he had strong wrists then....

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I haven't posted for a long old while as I lost my appetite for football, but for some reason my stomach has started to rumble again.

So, onto the guy we face on the weekend, is he going to rip us to pieces (sadly, I fear he will), and how far will he go in the game - England with his brother?  I wonder if Liverpool will go for the younger version of the man they missed out on, if I was Klopp I'd take the chance to sign him before it's too late.

He's only 18, and has so far (according to BBC) only scored 4 career goals, but after scoring the winner during the week, you'd imagine his confidence is going to surge and I'd expect him to go on a bit of a streak.

Of course I'd love SL to dip into his ever-growing nest egg and try to tempt him here, but that's obviously too ludicrous to even consider, but there you go, I've only gone and done it.  What are your thoughts on the fella and his future?

Better than Jude? Nah, nah, nah, nana nah nah.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Welcome back mate. Where you and your ridiculous positivity were was worrying me slightly. 

Good to have you back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Steve would have still got a number 4 spot for us! 

On 14/12/2023 at 10:57, The Coach said:

No. He will make a decent career in the Championship, may have a small chance of taste in the PL

Jude will go on to be England’s greatest ever player. 

The guys turned 18 in September and has already played the equivalent of a full season in the champ and you think he has a small chance of tasting the prem? 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Think he’ll be a good player with a good career but I don’t think he’ll get near Jude, like already said Jude is a generational talent and was ahead of his brother at the same age

I think it's too early to tell. Players develop differently, even in the same family.

Would love it if he got anywhere near the quality of his brother - amazing to see Alex Scott + 2x J Bellinghams playing for England in a few years.

• Like 1