IGNORED

Happy Birthday Joe Jordan

1960maaan

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bloody legend.

I remember Joes home debut which I think was against Doncaster. We won 5-0 and Walshie scored a hat trick but he was nowhere near MOM as Joe was that good. And as I said the other day, if he doesn’t move to Hearts we would have been promoted.

That 89/90 season is one of the best teams city have ever had. Pace down one wing with Smith, guile down the other with Gavin, Super Bob and carnage up top. Gary Shelton and Rennie bossing the midfield, Psycho Humphries and Biff at the back, Johnny Bailey, Andy Llewelyn, even Sinclair was ok (preferred leaning).

If you weren’t there, you can have no idea how exhilarating it was.

”Pick….that one out of the net you boys from Crewe”

Absolutely this. Loved those days, I would go back to those times in a heartbeat. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bloody legend.

I remember Joes home debut which I think was against Doncaster. We won 5-0 and Walshie scored a hat trick but he was nowhere near MOM as Joe was that good. And as I said the other day, if he doesn’t move to Hearts we would have been promoted.

That 89/90 season is one of the best teams city have ever had. Pace down one wing with Smith, guile down the other with Gavin, Super Bob and carnage up top. Gary Shelton and Rennie bossing the midfield, Psycho Humphries and Biff at the back, Johnny Bailey, Andy Llewelyn, even Sinclair was ok (preferred leaning).

And Silvio

The first manager , and one of only a couple or so  , prior to NP who worked on the health of the Club , not just the first team .

We had no schoolboy / youth system when he took over following the crash, and he spent many evenings , and time , to drive a plan and improvement to rectify this , with our first version of an academy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That 89/90 season is one of the best teams.

My favourite season (partly due to age, being 18 is brilliant!). 

It does though, in many ways encapsulate being a City fan for 40+ years that even in our best season we did find a way to kind of ruin it right at the end!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bloody legend.

Probably my favourite season ever (89-90) even our promotion to the top flight comes second to this, away games at Brum’ Cardiff, Swansea & Bolton have stayed long in the memory, for people suffering from Pearsons departure let me tell you that time doesn’t heel the pain, still devastated about JJ leaving for Hearts

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bloody legend.

Haha, good old Roger Malone, was that the game Super Bob got injured costing us the title?

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bloody legend.

Always thought Robbie Turner was an un-sung hero, did a lot of the bullying and donkey work for Super-Bob, the entertainment that season (on and off the pitch 😃) has never come close (although the double year was great) probably down to the fact of being a care-free young man

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

It does though, in many ways encapsulate being a City fan for 40+ years that even in our best season we did find a way to kind of ruin it right at the end!

Youngster!

I was 26 & it was still pretty great, apart from the Twerton punchline of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDarwall said:

If we had played R####s when we were suposed to if remember correctly around Christmas time and not in the spring when Superbob was injured we would have won that division that year.

Saying that i work with a ex R####s player from that season and he is convinced that them beating Cardiff at Twerton when they were one nil down going in to stoppage time and they scored two goals in his words that he was amazed stood won them the league that year.