IGNORED

Weimann..anything to keep morale up I suppose

Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, phantom said:

One thing for certain is that the ball is initially in his court after triggering his extension agreement 

Family location isn't an issue really as he's been commuting down here for so long already 

I just think sooner or later he is going to take that step back. He hasn't been the same player he was since his last injury or two. He is no longer first choice and a regular starter. But obviously he is club captain and as you say has lived apart from his wife and children during all his years here, so who knows! 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedM said:

I just think sooner or later he is going to take that step back. He hasn't been the same player he was since his last injury or two. He is no longer first choice and a regular starter. But obviously he is club captain and as you say has lived apart from his wife and children during all his years here, so who knows! 

Does he actually live apart? 

I would expect it's a daily commute 

19 hours ago, CityReds said:

I can see him getting a new contract in the summer, on much lower wages and a 1 or 2 year term but I imagine his influence in the dressing room is huge for the team cohesiveness and morale. Much like Henderson is still around for England and Scott Carson at Man City

Would rather we didn't bother to be honest. I like Andi and he's been a great servant. But squad balance shows we need less runners and more players with greater technical ability for Manning's system to work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Would rather we didn't bother to be honest. I like Andi and he's been a great servant. But squad balance shows we need less runners and more players with greater technical ability for Manning's system to work.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Technical ability alone is not enough.  All the successful sides run!  Players need to be able to do both.  The ones able to do both invariably don’t come cheap.

37 minutes ago, One Team said:

I wonder if the club captaincy will change at some point. He seemed to be the players choice but for me the captain has to be the first name on the team sheet, and I don’t think that’s Weinmann these days. Personally I think James is better captain material. 

Suppose it depends on the difference between club captain & team captain.

Think the role of the former is a lot around representation to the manager & the like, not necessarily on field stuff.

For those games Andi doesn’t start, James is de facto captain anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Suppose it depends on the difference between club captain & team captain.

Think the role of the former is a lot around representation to the manager & the like, not necessarily on field stuff.

For those games Andi doesn’t start, James is de facto captain anyway.

Fair points Graham. 👍