IGNORED

The Championship..where have the veterans gone?

Mr Popodopolous

• The title was changed to The Championship..where have the veterans gone?
24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We are by far not the only ones but there is quite an interesting shift ongoing. Bit of Manning in here but the average age of a Championship manager is now something between 40-45.

Warnock, McCarthy, for now NP and Mowbray..

I believe that we got the wrong Liam!

Rosenior will take Hull up but even if his team doesn't manage that, he will be there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Rosenior will take Hull up but even if his team doesn't manage that, he will be there.

I really hoped Nige could’ve nabbed Rosenior in the summer of 2022 before Hull did.  He played under Nige at Hull, and he’d have been perfect (on paper) succession planning.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really hoped Nige could’ve nabbed Rosenior in the summer of 2022 before Hull did.  He played under Nige at Hull, and he’d have been perfect (on paper) succession planning.

I get the impression from the past that Liam really didn't enjoy his time here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He has been backed quite well at Hull, they've started spending ever since Ilicali came in albeit he has taken what he inherited and despite some generous backing done significantly better than Arvaladze.

Is interesting looking around. Insiders at Blackburn think Tomasson will go to the top, the MK Dons podcaster who spoke about Manning wheb h joined us thinks Martin will be one of the top managers in 5-10 years.

I'm personally leaning towards Corberan progressing quite far in the future, despite being in receipt of Parachute Payments Huddersfield and their budget was sharply declining, the accounts show this. I still think Leeds would have been better served medium term making a push for him over Farke IMO.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yet another time we dropped a bollock , didn't offer a contract  because of clerical error , or some such nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Before he was coaching he always came across as intelligent , eager to learn and a good personality .

I thought he would make a good coach .

• Like 3

There is a huge amount of luck required too. It would be a surprise if 2 from Leicester, Leeds and Southampton don't get the auto promotion spots.

Whilst i do agree that Liam Rosenior is doing well, if he doesn't get Hull promoted then he is likely to lose 3 or 4 of his better players and then all of a sudden next season becomes a challenge.

Its so hard to compete with the teams relegated from The Prem. They are rewarded for failing and its a very unfair playing field.

To also add, 3 Relegated sides and can be up to 4 or 5 in receipt of Parachute Payments depending on who goes up and comes down.

Hull might have to start cost cutting if still st the level in 18 months..they sold Lewis-Potter at a £15-20m profit so it resets to a degree to 2024-25- once that KLP profit drops off however...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:
1 hour ago, spudski said:

Yet another time we dropped a bollock , didn't offer a contract  because of clerical error , or some such nonsense. 

That was Jason Roberts was it not?

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That was Jason Roberts was it not?

Jason Roberts was only ever on loan. Liam Rosenior was under contract , maybe Academy contract . They let him walk away where if they had offered anything, we would have been due compensation , but they forgot to even make an offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Jason Roberts was only ever on loan. Liam Rosenior was under contract , maybe Academy contract . They let him walk away where if they had offered anything, we would have been due compensation , but they forgot to even make an offer.

We got compensation but it was a pathetic £55k for a player who played in the Premier League for 3 different teams.

SL got Colin Sexstone to claim a contract offer letter had been sent out late to Rosenior’s agent.

As for “not enjoying his time here” he’d have taken the job in a flash if we’d offered him it after leaving Derby, where he was only the assistant.

• Thanks 2