IGNORED

JASON EUELL

Oporto Sports would like to congratulate our friend and client @jasoneuell  on achieving the LMA Diploma in Football Management, from @LivUni.

The qualification, which is the equivalent of an undergraduate degree, aims to give candidates an insight into strategic, modern sports management.

The course consists of seven one-day workshops throughout the year, as well as a five-day residential summer school at the beginning and end of the programme.

Jason left his role as first-team coach of #BristolCity in October, and before that held a similar role at #CAFC, having previously been the lead coach of their U23s side. Jason has also worked at The @FA as @England U18s and U20s assistant coach.

For any enquiries for Jason, please contact @DeanEldredge

Also in the photo on face ache (which I haven’t been able to copy) is I think Jamie Mac?

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Did he leave or was he sacked ? Seemed like a solidarity thing from him when nige was sacked. Always come across as a good bloke & coach . Good luck to him 

Ultimately, Nige, Rennie, Euell and Fleming were all sacked.

My own view is that there was no “if you get rid of x I’m going too”…I think the hierarchy took them as a group under Nige and deemed they were all deemed surplus to requirements by virtue of the relationship with Nige.

Fleming knew he was off didn’t he, it had all be done and dusted, they just needed someone to take the team for a week, whilst they tied up Manning.

Theres no way in my mind the first Manning knew about it was that Monday.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My own view is that there was no “if you get rid of x I’m going too”…I think the hierarchy took them as a group under Nige and deemed they were all deemed surplus to requirements by virtue of the relationship with Nige.

Fleming knew he was off didn’t he, it had all be done and dusted, they just needed someone to take the team for a week, whilst they tied up Manning.

Bit short sighted though , although I get any new manager would want his own back room staff . The rennie sacking was ridiculous imo . Saying that , SL couldn’t chuck the bloke under a bus if he’d kept him on  . 

Edited by steviestevieneville

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And I think it’s important to say that there was nothing wrong with that.

In football it’s frowned upon to talk to players from other teams - ie “tapping up” - but in all other industries it’s normal. By all means don’t start formal negotiations until a proper approach is made but using third parties to gauge interest is sensible planning when it comes to looking at both players and managers

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And I think it’s important to say that there was nothing wrong with that.

In football it’s frowned upon to talk to players from other teams - ie “tapping up” - but in all other industries it’s normal. By all means don’t start formal negotiations until a proper approach is made but using third parties to gauge interest is sensible planning when it comes to looking at both players and managers

Yep, it’s the facade created around it.  We all know Manning had been approached ahead of his appointment.

It’s no different to the Dickie stuff and Sykes allegedly alerting the club.  There would have been an element of talking to the player directly or via his agent before talking to QPR.  Sykes was used as a decoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Oporto Sports would like to congratulate our friend and client @jasoneuell  on achieving the LMA Diploma in Football Management, from @LivUni.

The qualification, which is the equivalent of an undergraduate degree, aims to give candidates an insight into strategic, modern sports management.

The course consists of seven one-day workshops throughout the year, as well as a five-day residential summer school at the beginning and end of the programme.

Jason left his role as first-team coach of #BristolCity in October, and before that held a similar role at #CAFC, having previously been the lead coach of their U23s side. Jason has also worked at The @FA as @England U18s and U20s assistant coach.

For any enquiries for Jason, please contact @DeanEldredge

Also in the photo on face ache (which I haven’t been able to copy) is I think Jamie Mac?

No disrespect, but it ain’t the equivalent of an undergraduate degree.  I imagine it’s DipHE equivalent, which is what you would get if you completed two years of a degree course.

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No disrespect, but it ain’t the equivalent of an undergraduate degree.  I imagine it’s DipHE equivalent, which is what you would get if you completed two years of a degree course.

It’s 100% equivalent of an undergraduate degree. 
Many more places are offering these more specific courses and are much widely recognised in comparison to your “normal” degrees than they ever have been. 

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

It’s 100% equivalent of an undergraduate degree. 
Many more places are offering these more specific courses and are much widely recognised in comparison to your “normal” degrees than they ever have been. 

A 17 day course is the equivalent of studying a 3 or 4 year undergraduate degree?

Blimey. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A 17 day course is the equivalent of studying a 3 or 4 year undergraduate degree?

Blimey. 

It’s a one year course in fairness but granted it’s not many days “on site” as such. It’s a much more practical based degree and when you amount the time it takes to amass the qualifications to actually be able to access the course. It’s still around a 4/5 year degree just done in a very different way. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I have a feeling Pearson got wind of what was going on, Manning definitely knew weeks before. What ever way it was done its still an appalling way to go about it especially to Euell Rennie Fleming. Still makes my skin cruel now.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

I have a feeling Pearson got wind of what was going on, Manning definitely knew weeks before. What ever way it was done its still an appalling way to go about it especially to Euell Rennie Fleming. Still makes my skin cruel now.

100% Pearson knew, I don't think he gives that interview after the Coventry game otherwise.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes we should keep the proles uneducated and easier to manipulate by those who can afford an education.

Let the working class in to University to clean and cook, but 50 lashes if they’re caught reading a textbook. Can’t get ideas above their station. 

(working class and went to uni!)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, frenchred said:

Thats all degrees are worth nowadays since they opened unis up to everyone and not just the elite

Actual evidence on salaries and employment prospects tell a very different story.

I'm sure there are plenty of the "non elite" on here to confirm this. I certainly can.

Well done Jason Euell.

Edited by Kingswood Robin
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I personally believe the Fleming decision was down to if the new man wanted to bring in a new assistant or not. Manning obviously wanted Hogg in who he had for his other two jobs that he held