IGNORED

Sunderland revisited full 90 video up now

1960maaan

It's great that the Club upload full videos of the games, those moments that don't make the highlight reels or incidents missed can be interesting.
A few points I looked out for when I rewatched the entire game.

Conway giving the keeper the eyes .
Never seen it done so obviously from a Pen, good work young man.

IMG_9168.thumb.jpeg.9d938635aace47ab46926e9f77c4077f.jpeg

The one that really annoyed me was the foul on Knight that was waved as advantage. We lose the ball almost immediately but the Ref thought that was enough advantage . Now I would have accepted that, but to not pull the bloke back and book him after was shocking. A few of ours seemed to mention it but the Ref was probably already thinking about his next gym session.

Have to mention one thing that nearly came off. Vyner, stepping out controlling the ball and hitting (nearly) a brilliant cross field pass that without a touch from the defender, might have set Mehmeti away.

I was going to add some clips of Max, but the best saves are on the highlights so I didn't bother.
One last one is Harry Cornick. Poor bloke does work hard, but when he gets a break, well not sure what he was thinking. If he isn't clipped , not sure why he would go down as it looks like he could still get to the ball.

Again fair play for the full 90, I now know that Mehmeti was offside in the first half and he played one of the worst balls ever to Tommy breaking in the 2nd. That it wasn't a Pen on Sykes 2nd half and that the Ref was shit, didn't need the replay for the last one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It's great that the Club upload full videos of the games, those moments that don't make the highlight reels or incidents missed can be interesting.

The one that really annoyed me was the foul on Knight that was waved as advantage. We lose the ball almost immediately but the Ref thought that was enough advantage . Now I would have accepted that, but to not pull the bloke back and book him after was shocking. A few of ours seemed to mention it but the Ref was probably already thinking about his next gym session.

Have to mention one thing that nearly came off. Vyner, stepping out controlling the ball and hitting (nearly) a brilliant cross field pass that without a touch from the defender, might have set Mehmeti away.

I was going to add some clips of Max, but the best saves are on the highlights so I didn't bother.
One last one is Harry Cornick. Poor bloke does work hard, but when he gets a break, well not sure what he was thinking. If he isn't clipped , not sure why he would go down as it looks like he could still get to the ball.

Again fair play for the full 90, I now know that Mehmeti was offside in the first half and he played one of the worst balls ever to Tommy breaking in the 2nd. That it wasn't a Pen on Sykes 2nd half and that the Ref was shit, didn't need the replay for the last one.

Anyone who has watched the full 90 minutes of that again has far to much time on their hands 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

41 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Absolutely no problem with the Knight advantage. It really annoys me when refs give the advantage but then pull it back when the team loses the ball. It's either advantage or not.

Not booking him after was absolutely criminal though. 

My point exactly. The advantage was ok, I do think he could have pulled it back after we lost the ball so quickly, but to not talk to let alone not book the bloke was shocking IMO.

52 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Absolutely no problem with the Knight advantage. It really annoys me when refs give the advantage but then pull it back when the team loses the ball. It's either advantage or not.

I tend to disagree.

If it pans out that there was no advantage the ref should pull play back to give the free kick, otherwise whats the point of advantage ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

It's situational isn't it?

A ref can indicate advantage with the ball loose and evenly between 2 players, but if the defender gets there first then there has been no advantage has there, so it would have to get pulled back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That cornick touch 🤢😫😫😫

11 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Anyone who has watched the full 90 minutes of that again has far to much time on their hands 

More time than me admittedly, but a really good and appreciated OP showing some things not included in the highlights that people may have missed and are well worth a mention.

@1960maaan - any chance of this becoming a regular Monday feature or do you do it already and I've missed them somehow?

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

More time than me admittedly, but a really good and appreciated OP showing some things not included in the highlights that people may have missed and are well worth a mention.

@1960maaan - any chance of this becoming a regular Monday feature or do you do it already and I've missed them somehow?

I did think about it, very quickly 🤣

If they upload the 90 minutes and I can find time I will. If I could rip/download the video it would be easier, this was filmed from my desk top with my phone so a bit clunky. I'll see what I can do.

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I did think about it, very quickly 🤣

If they upload the 90 minutes and I can find time I will. If I could rip/download the video it would be easier, this was filmed from my desk top with my phone so a bit clunky. I'll see what I can do.

I sometimes screen record on my iPad. A full 90 is about 30gb. 

I always watch back the full 90. In fact sometimes more than once. 
But that’s just me. This does enable you to spot things in the rewatch that you don’t see when watching it live at the ground. Eyes are more often than not drawn to the ball when you watch live so watching back on video enables you to concentrate on other things. 

I’m glad that City now tend to get the full 90 up within a few days. I pushed a few times in the past for this as sometimes they’d take weeks (or sometimes not at all!), when I saw other clubs sometimes getting them up within a day. 
So kudos to the media team for now doing this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I sometimes screen record on my iPad. A full 90 is about 30gb. 

I've just spent an hour finding a free screen recorder that works for me. Now sorted I can grab bit's I want as I watch.
Before I could only download from Youtube which is only highlights.

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've just spent an hour finding a free screen recorder that works for me. Now sorted I can grab bit's I want as I watch.

Which one please??…. Wouldn’t mind a bit of that myself 

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Which one please??…. Wouldn’t mind a bit of that myself 

Only did a quick trial but it worked when I dropped the clip into iMovie . 
This is for Mac, says in app purchases so I wait to see what exactly that means.

Screenshot2023-12-19at11_27_14.thumb.png.36b85bb30c03b09a30d229430a91df6c.png

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/screen-recorder-easeus/id1581903884?mt=12?pt=855050&ct=easeus&mt=8

19 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't think Cornick gets to the ball if he stays up.  The keeper picks that ball up but is essentially trotting by the time he gets there - Cornick staying on his feet I believe would change his out pace and he gets it easily.  At the time I thought he was clipped, but seeing the replays I think it's a case of his touch is heavy, he feels a slight arm in the back and so sends himself down in the hope of conning the ref into giving us a chance he'd lost.

16 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The idea behind the rule is to see if there's an advantage to play and if not to bring it out.  I don't know if there is a determinate amount of time this should be allowed to play out or if this is at the referees discretion however.  The term "playing the advantage" is more of a blanket term tbh.

One thing that bugged me during the match was the complete lack of involvement of the 4th official.  Dodds pretty much spent the entire match out of his technical area and this wasn't policed at all.  There was one incident in the Atyeo half of the pitch in front of the Lansdown where it looked as though the ball might have gone out of play, but the Linesman was unable to make a decision as there's no way he could've seen the incident because Dodds was almost on the pitch!  If you're gonna have a 4th official rather than a bloke who holds a board up then surely they should be officiating?!?

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

One thing that bugged me during the match was the complete lack of involvement of the 4th official.  Dodds pretty much spent the entire match out of his technical area and this wasn't policed at all.  There was one incident in the Atyeo half of the pitch in front of the Lansdown where it looked as though the ball might have gone out of play, but the Linesman was unable to make a decision as there's no way he could've seen the incident because Dodds was almost on the pitch!  If you're gonna have a 4th official rather than a bloke who holds a board up then surely they should be officiating?!?

I was going to mention that. Even though the Lino spent a fair bit of time trying to look around Dodds, they just let him get on with it and never spoke to him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Only did a quick trial but it worked when I dropped the clip into iMovie . 
This is for Mac, says in app purchases so I wait to see what exactly that means.

Screenshot2023-12-19at11_27_14.thumb.png.36b85bb30c03b09a30d229430a91df6c.png

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/screen-recorder-easeus/id1581903884?mt=12?pt=855050&ct=easeus&mt=8

Mac has its own screen recorder built in.

image.thumb.png.dbd70105ec88886b30a931c0f690940a.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

About 80 minutes too long.

To be honest, I never used to watch rugby much. But after living 15 years in South Africa - it's difficult to not get "bitten".

I actually think rugby is a much better watch than football these days. All this tippy tappy nonsense across the pitch then back again then going back to the keeper, rinse and repeat is so dull. At least it's dull when done with no purpose and no pace.

Gone are the days of blood and thunder wingers skinning full backs and whipping crosses in for forwards to score. 

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

If the file is as big as fevs, and you intend archiving them, you can run it through vlc to down convert the file to save space.

This coming from someone whose first hard drive was 20-30 Meg.

• Like 2