IGNORED

Who wants RICHARD Gould back?

SecretSam

• The title was changed to Who wants RICHARD Gould back?

Yeah a lot has gone downhill since he left.

Gould and Pearson as a team, collective seemed very good. Tinnion in his correct and not overpromoted role also seemed useful.

Now it's a mess...relative rookie manager, overpromoted Tinnion, the Rawcliffe, Marshall etc.

Terrible comms for ages, belatedly more post NP but some damage has been done.

Have I missed anyone?

No chance though.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, !james said:

Why on earth would he want to come back?! 

Quite, he has his dream job now.

In any event, like Nigel, he got precious little credit for digging the club out of the hole Steve created. Because he rated Nigel he wouldn't be welcomed by the devious little men running the club now anyway.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Aside from seemingly having a good working relationship with Pearson and helping to steady the ship financially - how can we know for certain how good he was at his role? 

We only see the tip of the iceberg

And to continue the analogy..........are we a sinking ship?...............Or a titanic force?

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Aside from seemingly having a good working relationship with Pearson and helping to steady the ship financially - how can we know for certain how good he was at his role? 

Apart from the roads, the sanitation, the streets being safe, education...what have the Romans ever done for us?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just now, SecretSam said:

Apart from the roads, the sanitation, the streets being safe, education...what have the Romans ever done for us?

The good comms too, fronting up in good and bad times.

We seem to have been sensible on the wages and fees, a bit too sensible perhaps but that is due to SL post Scott! Albeit we seem to have got decent value post Ashton.

2 minutes ago, megansdad said:

because he did a top job, communicated with the fans and knew how to be a CEO - just for starters! wont happen but would need someone who can do the role.

That is a good list of reasons as to why we would want him back.

Why he would return for a 3rd time (CEO and in the past Commercial role) is harder to fathom.

Jon Lansdown, Tinnion, Marshall (Group CEO), Rawcliffe and Manning doesn't inspire me with confidence in their competence.

Gould and NP, Tinnion on his youth remit did.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The good comms too, fronting up in good and bad times.

We seem to have been sensible on the wages and fees, a bit too sensible perhaps but that is due to SL post Scott! Albeit we seem to have got decent value post Ashton.

I wasn’t that impressed with his interview style personally. Not what his job is though.

I just think he gets a very good rep on here but why would anyone really know how good he was at his role? I suppose the fact we don’t indicates he did a good job.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wasn’t that impressed with his interview style personally. Not what his job is though.

I just think he gets a very good rep on here but why would anyone really know how good he was at his role? I suppose the fact we don’t indicates he did a good job.

He had an awful hand, inherited an awful hand as did NP. Style is one thing, he did keep us in the loop regularly better than a number of his successors and predecessors. Stagnated under Alexander, crashed and burned thereafter- popping up again after Manning arrived.

Would have been great to see what RG and NP could both have done based on a more even keel moving into upward trajectory especially as a pair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He had an awful hand, inherited an awful hand as did NP. Style is one thing, he did keep us in the loop regularly better than a number of his successors and predecessors. Stagnated under Alexander, crashed and burned thereafter- popping up again after Manning arrived.

Would have been great to see what RG and NP could both have done based on a more even keel moving into upward trajectory especially as a pair.

True - I’d be fascinated to see what we’d achieve with RG in his former role, Pearson as a DOF/Tinnion role and LM as head coach - I think that would be a real winning combo. Best attributes of all. 

It goes without saying that in this alternative-history scenario - Jon Lansdown, Steve Lansdown, all JL’s mates, Mark Kelly, Lisa Knights, the Media team, Downsy etc wouldn’t be involved.

Give that setup time and funds and I think we’d get promoted.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

True - I’d be fascinated to see what we’d achieve with RG in his former role, Pearson as a DOF/Tinnion role and LM as head coach - I think that would be a real winning combo. Best attributes of all. 

It goes without saying that in this alternative-history scenario - Jon Lansdown, Steve Lansdown, all JL’s mates, Mark Kelly, Downsy etc wouldn’t be involved.

Give that setup time and funds and I think we’d get promoted.

You could still have SL as financier if he was willing and to keep an eye to make sure nothing gets out of hand spending wise like with Ashton etc but I do agree.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You could still have SL as financier if he was willing and to keep an eye to make sure nothing gets out of hand spending wise like with Ashton etc but I do agree.

Nope he’s gone too. In this alternative history scenario, we actually appoint none other than former Doncaster Rovers chairman John Ryan - for the sole reason he’d agree with me re: atmosphere and placement of away support.

image.thumb.jpeg.7cced66ec4c7b213960ad9710a3d9fa5.jpeg

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Nope he’s gone too. In this alternative history scenario, we actually appoint none other than former Doncaster Rovers chairman John Ryan - for the sole reason he’d agree with me re: atmosphere and placement of away support.

image.thumb.jpeg.7cced66ec4c7b213960ad9710a3d9fa5.jpeg

He would absolutely well I like that!

Atmosphere would be great.. or could be.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is a good list of reasons as to why we would want him back.

Why he would return for a 3rd time (CEO and in the past Commercial role) is harder to fathom.

Jon Lansdown, Tinnion, Marshall (Group CEO), Rawcliffe and Manning doesn't inspire me with confidence in their competence.

Gould and NP, Tinnion on his youth remit did.

I don’t think even Richard can save us now 🥺

I wouldn’t want to inflict it on Richard anyway -stay away, save your soul 🫨

• Like 1