IGNORED

80th Minute tonight v Hull

CiderSomerset

3 hours ago, CiderSomerset said:

Hi all

I am hoping anyone attending tonights match can help us..

Myself and a good mate both lost our fathers earlier this week. Both men were massive City fans, and introduced us to our beloved club.

I would really appreciate it if you could join in with a minutes applause in the 80th minute for them both please.. 

In memory of Cedric Bruford, from Williton, and Arthur Hopegood, from Bristol

Thanks all

ps - I’ll be the emotional wreck in S25, Row 13.. 

#CTID 

I'm sorry to hear this, Cider. It must be especially challenging at this time of year. My thoughts are with you and your family, and I'm praying even more for a win for you tonight.

I understand it might be difficult to gain traction with this type of suggestion in terms of applause. I was considering proposing this to the Trust. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a minute's applause for City fans who have unfortunately passed away during the season on the last home game? I believe it could be a thoughtful way to honor those fans, perhaps with their names displayed on the scoreboard. It could serve as a kind gesture from the Bristol City family to the families who have lost loved ones. Just an idea.

@phantom Has this been proposed before? Do you think it would be a good idea? 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 10

• Admin
2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

I'm sorry to hear this, Cider. It must be especially challenging at this time of year. My thoughts are with you and your family, and I'm praying even more for a win for you tonight.

I understand it might be difficult to gain traction with this type of suggestion in terms of applause. I was considering proposing this to the Trust. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a minute's applause for City fans who have unfortunately passed away during the season on the last home game? I believe it could be a thoughtful way to honor those fans, perhaps with their names displayed on the scoreboard. It could serve as a kind gesture from the Bristol City family to the families who have lost loved ones. Just an idea.

@phantom Has this been proposed before? Do you think it would be a good idea? 

Nothing formally, and I personally agree entirely. 

The reason I say this, there must be a supporter that sadly passes away around most home games. Those relatives that have connections with the club or a high social media presence tend to get their sad news announced / recognised. 

But equally I'm sure there are others that get missed. 

Historically I always used to think that the nearest home game to remembrance Sunday was the best, but I guess it would need everyone to appreciate there would be no individual games etc but everyone done en mass. If it was done right people could be invited to supply names to be shown on a memorial board etc on the screens 

I will definitely take it forward in 2024 and raise the issue though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The reason I say this, there must be a supporter that sadly passes away around most home games. Those relatives that have connections with the club or a high social media presence tend to get their sad news announced / recognised. 

Historically I always used to think that the nearest home game to remembrance Sunday was the best, but I guess it would need everyone to appreciate there would be no individual games etc but everyone done en mass. If it was done right people could be invited to supply names to be shown on a memorial board etc on the screens 

Thank you 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The club did this (and well) a couple of years ago post Covid. I think it was a game vs Swansea which was a night game - the club produced flyers in the shop which were titled “forever red” and included photos of all those who died in the pandemic. These photos were then rotated on the big screens and displayed on the advertising hoardings both pre match and during a minutes applause.

My dad was one of them.

It’s a simple idea, easy to manage. There is no reason why it shouldn’t happen every season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, CiderSomerset said:

Hi all

I am hoping anyone attending tonights match can help us..

Myself and a good mate both lost our fathers earlier this week. Both men were massive City fans, and introduced us to our beloved club.

I would really appreciate it if you could join in with a minutes applause in the 80th minute for them both please.. 

In memory of Cedric Bruford, from Williton, and Arthur Hopegood, from Bristol

Thanks all

ps - I’ll be the emotional wreck in S25, Row 13.. 

#CTID 

Sorry to hear this mate may they rest in peace the result was,for them .

• Admin
10 hours ago, Angmering Red said:

I thought I heard on the tannoy this evening that something similar was planned for the Huddersfield game in April.

I sadly wasn't at the game last night but this sounds promising, and definitely can be talked about to make sure a tasteful and fitting tribute is made for those we have lost