IGNORED

Neil Warnock bloopers

phantom

The reason that he has failed in his more recent appointments is not because of his age. It's because bullying and threatening people into performing doesn't work anymore, the fact that it ever did is a shame and is always short lived. These days it doesn't take so long for the resentment to kick in. 

I am glad that this man from another age never got a chance to get his hands on our club, and if @Keepers Ball thinks that makes me a pillock I don't give a ****. 

Merry Xmas mate. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

Agree, one of only a few managers I would have loved to seen manage us, same as Holloway. Don't care about their history's, who they support and the like, but in their prime they installed passion in players and fans and made people over achieve, and that's how winnings done. 

Holloway? Not in a million years would i have ever accepted that Gas **** as our manager. No chance 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

Agree, one of only a few managers I would have loved to seen manage us, same as Holloway. Don't care about their history's, who they support and the like, but in their prime they installed passion in players and fans and made people over achieve, and that's how winnings done. 

Whilst I wholeheartedly disagree with those who'd ever have wanted Warnock here, I can see where they are coming from.

To suggest Ian Holloway is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read.

I hope you recover soon from whatevever nasty life experiences you have had to endure, that have made you even consider that as anything other than vomit inducing..!

• Flames 5

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whilst I wholeheartedly disagree with those who'd ever have wanted Warnock here, I can see where they are coming from.

To suggest Ian Holloway is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read.

I hope you recover soon from whatevever nasty life experiences you have had to endure, that have made you even consider that as anything other than vomit inducing..!

Can’t agree more.

Dislike Warnock intensely but totally respect his excellent track record (a while ago now though since he was in contention for promotion), the logic behind that suggestion is strong.

Holloway? Seriously?

Absolute clown who Blackpool aside has done little in management, hates us, said vile things about us in the past (unless he’s got a book to sell), you might as well say get Pulis back.

Incredible opinion.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Blokes a Legend. Don't care what some pillocks think on here

Totally agree, would have upset MR L more than any other we have had. He does not take prisoners but I have had a few conversations personally with him, he would have loved to manage us but we prefer to stay Championship/League 1 !!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t agree more.

Dislike Warnock intensely but totally respect his excellent track record (a while ago now though since he was in contention for promotion), the logic behind that suggestion is strong.

Holloway? Seriously?

Absolute clown who Blackpool aside has done little in management, hates us, said vile things about us in the past (unless he’s got a book to sell), you might as well say get Pulis back.

Incredible opinion.

Genuinely baffling..!

Warnock has had his fair share of clashes, banter & abuse with us over the years - bit there is no actual real reason he couldn't have come here.

Holloway - It's just an absolute, unquestionable "NO" in every possible way!

As you say, he been generally shite at every club, bar Blackpool - but even if he'd emulated Pep throughout his career - I'd rather dig my own eyes with a rusty spoon & fill the holes with shit from a tramps dog, than even entertain the idea of that vile, embarrassing piece of site ever being at our club..!

I can only think that the person who posted that is either under 30 & knows nothing of his history, or was dropped on his head from a great height.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can only think that the person who posted that is either under 30 & knows nothing of his history, or was dropped on his head from a great height.

41, knows plenty about our history, never been dropped from a great height.

Like I said, I appreciate very few would have wanted Holloway cause he was ex Rovers, apparently hates us and so on. But he played in the 80s and 90s where players often said things to antagonise. I was very fortunate about 6 years ago to spend an evening in Ian's company. I had said to him I was a City fan and we had a bit of banter, but he was genuinely such a nice bloke. It was at a charity event, and he spoke with such passion for the area and even said he would love to see a Bristol team in the premier league. I think he mellowed after his playing days and I actually think he was very decent as a manager with the majority of clubs he was at. I'm not saying he is someone we would have ever hired, or ever would hire, but I don't think it would have ever done us any harm having a pantomime villain at the helm.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

As you say, he been generally shite at every club, bar Blackpool - but even if he'd emulated Pep throughout his career - I'd rather dig my own eyes with a rusty spoon & fill the holes with shit from a tramps dog, than even entertain the idea of that vile, embarrassing piece of site ever being at our club..!

Excellent - you paint quite a pretty picture there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The reason that he has failed in his more recent appointments is not because of his age. It's because bullying and threatening people into performing doesn't work anymore, the fact that it ever did is a shame and is always short lived. These days it doesn't take so long for the resentment to kick in. 

I am glad that this man from another age never got a chance to get his hands on our club, and if @Keepers Ball thinks that makes me a pillock I don't give a ****. 

Merry Xmas mate. :)

But that is just his public persona. I think I heard that his past Clubs player re-unions have big turn-outs due to his popularity with players. 

The character of teams generally reflect the persona of the manager. Neil is very smart, passionate, a fighter and doesn’t tolerate people who don’t give their all, and then some.  Above all, Neil is a winner. I would like my team to have those characteristics.

In a very ‘soft’ Bristol, with its ‘that’ll do/ that’s ok’ type culture he would have been a revelation.  Sadly, I think unless things go totally pear-shaped with Manning and very quickly, he will never grace our Club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Genuinely baffling..!

Warnock has had his fair share of clashes, banter & abuse with us over the years - bit there is no actual real reason he couldn't have come here.

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really mean 😂.  As you say whoever suggested Holloway knows nothing of our / his history or is mentally unstable , can still see him on the front of that bus celebrating there promotion going up and down kingswood high street 50 times ( as there weren’t enough fans to stretch anywhere else ) giving us stick , would never set foot inside Ashton gate with him charge - simples 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He’s a top guy, pantomime villain. Wish we had appointed him over Lee Johnson, we would have been promoted by now and also he wanted the job.  

Met him on the train last year he was going to Leeds for his book signing he said he was close once to getting the job really nice bloke in all fairness 

3 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He’s a top guy, pantomime villain. Wish we had appointed him over Lee Johnson, we would have been promoted by now and also he wanted the job.  

Years 3 and 4 of Parachute Payments at Cardiff so Idk...maybe but that still helps.

Not checked their accounts in a while but unsure what major sales Cardiff made in his tenure prior to promotion- Kodjia for one here, had he got us up by 2018..then that would have been it for major sales.

We had the whole sell to reinvest policy- trading- though.

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

But that is just his public persona. I think I heard that his past Clubs player re-unions have big turn-outs due to his popularity with players. 

The character of teams generally reflect the persona of the manager. Neil is very smart, passionate, a fighter and doesn’t tolerate people who don’t give their all, and then some.  Above all, Neil is a winner. I would like my team to have those characteristics.

In a very ‘soft’ Bristol, with its ‘that’ll do/ that’s ok’ type culture he would have been a revelation.  Sadly, I think unless things go totally pear-shaped with Manning and very quickly, he will never grace our Club. 

Was in with the Huddersfield fans v Norwich yesterday and they were singing " We want Warnock back"