IGNORED

Team Performance.

BCFC Rich

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, a complete coincidence imho.

Completeky speculative from me, but it feels like some if the nicest attacking play without Kal Naismith.  I’ve always felt he helped us break lines.

I don’t think we will ever play a pressing game with James in the side, which sounds like was basis for the win yesterday.

James is nice and safe, kill a game in the last 15 mins if needed. You aren’t going to get much tempo with him though unfortunately. Happy to be shown I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is something that I would ordinarily be saying as well.

But.

Manning has a track record of "beating" xG. He did it at MK, he was doing it at Oxford when we poached him. If he can do it twice before then I think it's reasonable to assume he might be able to do it again?

That makes me cautious of making the usual "don't get excited we'll regress back to the mean" statements.

I'm holding fire right now. Wait and see how the next few matches go.

This is from Opta / The Analyst….data before yesterday’s games (not updated yet, slackers):

image.thumb.jpeg.3620d3052ccd724f6cc23960debbf937.jpeg

As own goals and pens don’t get included in their data, I added both, just to get a total GF / GA.

I didn’t get time to do “ranks”.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, a complete coincidence imho.

Completeky speculative from me, but it feels like some if the nicest attacking play without Kal Naismith.  I’ve always felt he helped us break lines.

What would your take if fully fit Dave be on rotating say Naismith and James for certain games.

Naismith with his range of passing as you say helps us to break lines- but would we lose too much in stability? Always wondered, similar basic shapes but tweaks within.

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t think we will ever play a pressing game with James in the side, which sounds like was basis for the win yesterday.

James is nice and safe, kill a game in the last 15 mins if needed. You aren’t going to get much tempo with him though unfortunately. Happy to be shown I’m wrong.

In fairness to James, he isn’t a “presser” per se, that’s done my the more advanced midfielders / forwards.  He’s more a positional player - a blocker and anticipator.

image.png.056bac2f5f1462f93aa3f07f44abc1ab.png

Manning doesn’t play a high press, he’s all about effective triggers.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness to James, he isn’t a “presser” per se, that’s done my the more advanced midfielders / forwards.  He’s more a positional player - a blocker and anticipator.

image.png.056bac2f5f1462f93aa3f07f44abc1ab.png

Manning doesn’t play a high press, he’s all about effective triggers.

The triggers yesterday were great to see.

Watford CMs and CBs looked somewhat hurried, certainly didn't have time to pick passes or choose all that well.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The triggers yesterday were great to see.

Watford CMs and CBs looked somewhat hurried, certainly didn't have time to pick passes or choose all that well.

It's clearly organised as well. I noticed a couple of times after Weimann came on he half went to press the man on the ball and then you could see him consciously think no, not the right moment, wait.......now go

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is something that I would ordinarily be saying as well.

But.

Manning has a track record of "beating" xG. He did it at MK, he was doing it at Oxford when we poached him. If he can do it twice before then I think it's reasonable to assume he might be able to do it again?

That makes me cautious of making the usual "don't get excited we'll regress back to the mean" statements.

I'm holding fire right now. Wait and see how the next few matches go.

Fair point, would still be cautious given so few games. And we’ve beaten xG by chunky amounts last two? Things look really promising, would just like to see it over a slightly longer time frame before calling “could we? Really… could we?” and ordering my Prem 24/25 vs “I was wrong” half and half ski hat. 

• Like 1