IGNORED

photos from Watford,sorry about the delay

Never to the dark side

Thank you @Never to the dark side, I had thought that maybe you could take a picture that would change my mind, but it is truly a depressing place both inside and out.

I am really pleased that those who travelled got a fair amount of compensation for enduring it this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Thank you @Never to the dark side, I had thought that maybe you could take a picture that would change my mind, but it is truly a depressing place both inside and out.

I am really pleased that those who travelled got a fair amount of compensation for enduring it this time. 

Comes to something when having bins in the photos would have improved the quality of the area!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

True being in town makes it look dull and boring but I think the ground certainly looks better than it used to do when we had the old east stand .

Of course the worse part of the ground is the away as it's so cramped and small hence no alcohol being sold. 

Edited by Markthehorn
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Comes to something when having bins in the photos would have improved the quality of the area!

And I was about to post about the nice bins in a couple of the shots!

It’s a nice enough ground, I think, but helps not being full - the concourse is so small.

And the number of women’s toilets is a disgrace: the queue afterwards was huge, and the stewards end up taking people off in search of alternatives. 

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I do like Vicarage Road, smart looking stadium. 

The inside is in stark contrast to the outside.

The stands look very tidy, but the exterior looks like an empty 1960s concrete shopping centre.

Great pics though.

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

And I was about to post about the nice bins in a couple of the shots!

It’s a nice enough ground, I think, but helps not being full - the concourse is so small.

And the number of women’s toilets is a disgrace: the queue afterwards was huge, and the stewards end up taking people off in search of alternatives. 

Yes that away is a bit of a shocker considering the away support come in numbers and it's the family end too.

2 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Looks like they at least have a decent club shop that looks enticing rather than our poor effort with no marketing windows to show all the products that are out of stock.

Yes tbf the Pozzos have done a lot to the ground to smarten it up and have tributes to Elton John/Graham Taylor.

Our club shop left a lot to be desired in the past.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah I went up there when we lost

3  - 0 there,  Cup game I think. Thought it was horrid in and outside. And their stewards where unhelpful. 

• Like 1

I remember visiting Vicarage Road as a teenager back in the late 60s/ early 70s with my uncle, who lived in Watford. They played Hereford United, and my uncle pointed out one of the Hereford players as the renowned John Charles who apparently was a legend at the end of his illustrious career.

• Like 1