IGNORED

Fans to 5K - Beating Rovers!

djf1991

Hope this is ok to post here, wanted to get lots of fans involved in beating Rovers.

An initiative has been launched called Fans to 5K which has an aim to help sports fans become more active. Fans complete a 10-week training plan which culminates in completing a parkrun, amongst other fans from the same club. The initiative comes with a customised training plan and support from the team and community via a private facebook group. 

The tournament is City vs Rovers. Points are gained by exercising and extra points are available for taking part in parkruns. At the end of the 10 weeks, the team with the highest points is the winner. It kicks off on the 1st. Currently we have 34 vs Rovers 67. 

Signup is available at https://robinsto5k.co.uk/register

Any questions, let me know! Hope to see you involved.

• Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, djf1991 said:

Hope this is ok to post here, wanted to get lots of fans involved in beating Rovers.

An initiative has been launched called Fans to 5K which has an aim to help sports fans become more active. Fans complete a 10-week training plan which culminates in completing a parkrun, amongst other fans from the same club. The initiative comes with a customised training plan and support from the team and community via a private facebook group. 

The tournament is City vs Rovers. Points are gained by exercising and extra points are available for taking part in parkruns. At the end of the 10 weeks, the team with the highest points is the winner. It kicks off on the 1st. Currently we have 34 vs Rovers 67. 

Hi

I'm nowhere near as active as I should or used to be

This maybe something of use to me

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hi

I'm nowhere near as active as I should or used to be

This maybe something of use to me

Absolutely. The community will help keep everyone motivated and hopefully at the end of the programme, everyone can get together at a local parkrun (or multiple parkruns). The training plan is aimed at all levels, from my level (absolutely awful) to more motivated runners haha.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've had to (mostly) stop running and do other activities instead due to a back issue but I'd strongly recommend doing Parkrun to anyone. I still do it as an occasional treat. 

Same here - once ran marathons. The younger family members run Parkruns every week. I'm starting back again. Will give it a go. Signed up to this for a bit of motivation.

• Like 1

• Admin
On 29/12/2023 at 13:31, djf1991 said:

Not sure if you are aware of this? 

Screenshot_20231231_054731_Samsung Internet.jpg

18 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Any use to an old fat bastard like me (and many others I assume)? I could do with some form of guide / plan. If that's available, I'll have a go.

All levels will work. I think its been about a year since i did any sort of running so i'm hoping it gets me moving haha.

• Like 1