IGNORED

Wickes Car Parking

WarksRed

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

That's all well and good but unfortunately not an option for some.people and it's these people that the club are fleecing (again)

Don’t get me wrong I’m not for 1 minute knocking people who pay for parking as we all have different budgets for different things and different circumstances , luckily for me I love walking / hiking ( rain wind or shine ) so I am prepared to park as far away as it takes to not pay , generally get train ( if there available 🙈) or dropped off .

even when I was younger I lived for a brief spell ( 2-3 years ) on the dark side of town ( fishponds near the gas pub full moon  ) was pretty much all gas then in fishponds  ( how things have changed ) my Saturday routine would be leave home walk down fishponds road through Stapleton road have a full English in old market area , go to the bell ( Radcliffe ) the Blackhorse ( Bemmy ) then anywhere from the try again to rising sun / wedlock’s / ship & castle a little bet on route somewhere . Then into the park end ( Atyeo without seats and a roof for you younger fans 

after the game was a little runabout with away fans in the park ( that’s what you done in those days ) then smugglers then into old market ( gin palace ) you couldn’t get into pubs in town them days usually sorry sir no trainers etc blah blah blah after gin palace then maybe a taxi to the portcullis or the railway in fishponds amongst all the gas ( how I never had a hiding I never know ) 

then home to my girlfriend at the time absolutely steaming at about 11pm after leaving the house at about 9am ( funnily enough she dumped me after a couple of years 😂😂) long time ago but great days wouldn’t change it for the world 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not for 1 minute knocking people who pay for parking as we all have different budgets for different things and different circumstances , luckily for me I love walking / hiking ( rain wind or shine ) so I am prepared to park as far away as it takes to not pay , generally get train ( if there available 🙈) or dropped off .

even when I was younger I lived for a brief spell ( 2-3 years ) on the dark side of town ( fishponds near the gas pub full moon  ) was pretty much all gas then in fishponds  ( how things have changed ) my Saturday routine would be leave home walk down fishponds road through Stapleton road have a full English in old market area , go to the bell ( Radcliffe ) the Blackhorse ( Bemmy ) then anywhere from the try again to rising sun / wedlock’s / ship & castle a little bet on route somewhere . Then into the park end ( Atyeo without seats and a roof for you younger fans 

after the game was a little runabout with away fans in the park ( that’s what you done in those days ) then smugglers then into old market ( gin palace ) you couldn’t get into pubs in town them days usually sorry sir no trainers etc blah blah blah after gin palace then maybe a taxi to the portcullis or the railway in fishponds amongst all the gas ( how I never had a hiding I never know ) 

then home to my girlfriend at the time absolutely steaming at about 11pm after leaving the house at about 9am ( funnily enough she dumped me after a couple of years 😂😂) long time ago but great days wouldn’t change it for the world 

Totally agree and I'm very similar in my match day customs!

I'm just getting more and more pissed off with how shit our club treats all fans now especially those who really have no choice

Those running us are a selfish bunch of pricks who blow smoke up each others asses constantly and don't even really want the lines of us going anymore

22 hours ago, redkev said:

Personally I would rather walk the length of the Portway  or walk from chew magna even at my age than pay for parking , it seems football is becoming a cash cow for anything and everything around the game , wages , tickets , food , drink , parking , merchendise it will sooner or later disappear up its own arse 

It's called "TAKING THE PISS"   It is a disgrace the way football  club's exploit every last revenue stream, as they know fans love their club...............so they make sure they take maximum advantage of that, by screwing them for every penny?   It will only get worse!!   Yourparkingspace.co.uk and justpark.com  are not perfect, but at least it is not the fat cats coining it in, but individuals prepared to rent out their driveway for a few hours?  PS There are probably a few more than those 2, but they are the ones i have used in the past successfully...............? 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 18:07, Davefevs said:

Some of us don’t have any choice really.  There is nowhere else guaranteed to park where I can park the van with rear access to get Joe (in his wheelchair) out.  Even if I found somewhere, then the lack of drop kerbs or unblocked pavements is another problem.

They originally charged me £460 (23 x £20) for the Winterstoke Road car park, before backtracking to £345.  Personally I wish their was sufficient blue badge parking somewhere relatively close (I don’t mind walking a reasonable distance).

Have you ever thought of using Sainsburys on Winterstoke Road. You can use "Just Park" app and i think its about £6 to park there on match days. I use it when i am on nights if i have to shoot straight off after an evening game.

Certainly a lot cheaper mate and not that much of a walk. Plenty of Pelican Crossings to get across Winterstoke road also. Maybe worth looking into.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It's called "TAKING THE PISS"   It is a disgrace the way football  club's exploit every last revenue stream, as they know fans love their club...............so they make sure they take maximum advantage of that, by screwing them for every penny?   It will only get worse!!   Yourparkingspace.co.uk and justpark.com  are not perfect, but at least it is not the fat cats coining it in, but individuals prepared to rent out their driveway for a few hours?  PS There are probably a few more than those 2, but they are the ones i have used in the past successfully...............? 

I don't especially disagree with you and I agree on the Parking stuff too ie justpark.com etc.

However and yes it's also football wide, but when you have a £35-40m gap in TV revenue for 3 sides, a £39m limit to adhere to (plus an extra £22m in allowable losses for each PL season up to £44m..either £61m, £83m and or £35-40m or £30-35m depending on which year of Parachutes..or £5-10m if a 3rd year), non Parachute clubs are in a very difficult position.

I encourage people to shop around but this is also a factor.

4 hours ago, redkev said:

She didn't appreciate you so good riddance

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't especially disagree with you and I agree on the Parking stuff too ie justpark.com etc.

However and yes it's also football wide, but when you have a £35-40m gap in TV revenue for 3 sides, a £39m limit to adhere to (plus an extra £22m in allowable losses for each PL season up to £44m..either £61m, £83m and or £35-40m or £30-35m depending on which year of Parachutes..or £5-10m if a 3rd year), non Parachute clubs are in a very difficult position.

I encourage people to shop around but this is also a factor.

Yep..........I lie awake at night worrying about the poor souls................Ha!

• Like 1