IGNORED

Wickes Car Parking

WarksRed

I have just received the information re the parking charge for the second half of the season, not impressed is an understatement, 

21/22 season was £205 for the whole season, 

22/23 season was £250 for the whole season,  that was a 25% increase, 

this 23/24 season is on a separate level though, due to the proposed ground extensions and reconstructions the payments were divided in to two parts, 

I paid £193 @as the initial payment, we would be advised of the second payment amount once the construction works started and how many home games were left, 

well the offer arrived for the 11 remaining home games, £176.00 !!!!!, this works out at £369 for the season, 

are they having a laugh ?

ok some of you will say find somewhere else to park, 

but when you have a 90 mile trip to get to the ground, enjoying the quiet of the M5, which means the journey can vary between 2 and 4 hours, you need to know you have a parking place at the end of the journey, 

rant over, I know I’ll finishing up paying anyway 

😡

• Sad 2

My Mums had the same. Although she’s not registered disabled she is elderly and has had major operations meaning she really can’t go very far so has no huge options but to pay up as the proximity is what makes it worthwhile.

The devils advocate in me says that over the season it ends up about £16 a game which isn’t of itself unreasonable, but the continual increase is the thing I think that galls here.

43 minutes ago, WarksRed said:

I have just received the information re the parking charge for the second half of the season, not impressed is an understatement, 

this 23/24 season is on a separate level though, due to the proposed ground extensions and reconstructions the payments were divided in to two parts, 

I paid £193 @as the initial payment, we would be advised of the second payment amount once the construction works started and how many home games were left, 

well the offer arrived for the 11 remaining home games, £176.00 !!!!!, this works out at £369 for the season, 

but when you have a 90 mile trip to get to the ground, enjoying the quiet of the M5, which means the journey can vary between 2 and 4 hours, you need to know you have a parking place at the end of the journey, 

😡

I used to park at Ashton Park School and to renew this season was £325, which to me was an absolute piss take. I now use the park and ride service.

• Like 1

It depends if you like a bit of a walk.

Somewhere near Cabot Circus there can be much cheaper parking game by game. Friend who came down here managed to get some in the summer, will try and remmeber the prices.

I don't drive granted but shopping around and again subject to willingness to walk a while some better value will be out there.

1 hour ago, WarksRed said:

😡

If you’re coming down the M5 anyway, why not use the Portway Park and Ride?

Huge free car park and AG1 buses run every 15 mins to the ground. Not too expensive either. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/ashton-gate/getting-here/

• Like 4

When I was driving in from Cardiff a few years back I used to park up by my dads at the Cross Hands end of Bishopsworth Road- always spaces going on the side streets, but a fair walk down (and worse back). That price is robbery though- any joy on the driveway rental sites? I know a lot on Duckmoor and the surrounding do it

31 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Anyone paying that sort of money must have more money than sense

Some of us don’t have any choice really.  There is nowhere else guaranteed to park where I can park the van with rear access to get Joe (in his wheelchair) out.  Even if I found somewhere, then the lack of drop kerbs or unblocked pavements is another problem.

They originally charged me £460 (23 x £20) for the Winterstoke Road car park, before backtracking to £345.  Personally I wish their was sufficient blue badge parking somewhere relatively close (I don’t mind walking a reasonable distance).

1 hour ago, WarksRed said:

😡

Use JustPark, which will work out substantially cheaper than this AND will give you the assurance of a booked parking place.

• Like 1

So for 10 years plus been parking in wicks car park..started off about £100 per season.rising over the years to £210 last season. This year they charged £194 for the first 12 games  and now want another £176 for the remaining 11 games a total of £370..to park..rip off merchants..so remaining trips will be on the bus .and they are going to loose  season ticket holders of many many years they want more to park than the price of a season  ticket ...ie oap season ticket  £320...parking ,£370

Personally I would rather walk the length of the Portway  or walk from chew magna even at my age than pay for parking , it seems football is becoming a cash cow for anything and everything around the game , wages , tickets , food , drink , parking , merchendise it will sooner or later disappear up its own arse 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, WarksRed said:

😡

It’s not just Wickes, WR. There was a similar whopping increase at the school. And that was all on one go at the start of the season. Parking at AG is some of the most expensive anywhere - even on places like JustPark

37 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think Wickes have anything to do with the parking on match days Tone.

And I’m not sure you’d want the same logic extended to the organisation that is responsible! 

Ah. ok

If its any help I can accommodate circa 50 cars for parking here in France at a very much reduced rate of a bottle of wine for each game

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some of us don’t have any choice really.  There is nowhere else guaranteed to park where I can park the van with rear access to get Joe (in his wheelchair) out.  Even if I found somewhere, then the lack of drop kerbs or unblocked pavements is another problem.

They originally charged me £460 (23 x £20) for the Winterstoke Road car park, before backtracking to £345.  Personally I wish their was sufficient blue badge parking somewhere relatively close (I don’t mind walking a reasonable distance).

It does grind my gears that we have a modern ground but when it comes to parking they charge the earth,People like yourself why can't they provide this free of charge at the ground (Blue badge parking).

Edited by Street red
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, redkev said:

Personally I would rather walk the length of the Portway  or walk from chew magna even at my age than pay for parking , it seems football is becoming a cash cow for anything and everything around the game , wages , tickets , food , drink , parking , merchendise it will sooner or later disappear up its own arse 

Spot on Sir 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, redkev said:

That's all well and good but unfortunately not an option for some.people and it's these people that the club are fleecing (again)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

I agree with drivers not paying  high  parking charges, I still can't understand how BCC can fine  drivers for parking on waste land under Winterstoke flyover,  

I parked there the other day and when I came back there was a note on my car saying “Parking Fine”.

I did think I’d done a pretty good parallel park so was delighted with the feedback.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 4