IGNORED

Should we Re-merge the ex-players forum into football chat?

Silvio Dante

Should we re-merge the ex-players forum into football chat?  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Down Town said:

I have been reading these posts with interest recently. It really is toys being thrown out of the pram by a very small number of people. 

Silvio asked for an explanation, two of the admin have responded but still keeps going on about it. Grow up, respect the decision and worry about something important.

I do agree with CS Red, this should be binned off now, a couple of people are looking very silly with their constant self important whinging. 

Please do us all a favour and delete or lock this now

You are the poster that recently posted several of very rude posts directly at @Never to the dark side (A forum stalwart) regarding his posts threads , because it appears you did not like them ,

are you not ?

‘whinging’  and ‘growing up’. -   I would try looking hard in the mirror 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I personally am not a fan of it being in it's own forum. I only look at the Transfer forum to be honest.

How do we officially complain / ask to change it, if that was the procedure for it to be originally moved @phantom?

Can I ask how many of us need to ask for it to check back to hit the mark? Thanks.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Selred said:

I personally am not a fan of it being in it's own forum. I only look at the Transfer forum to be honest.

How do we officially complain / ask to change it, if that was the procedure for it to be originally moved @phantom?

Can I ask how many of us need to ask for it to check back to hit the mark? Thanks.

Normally I would advise you to PM the admin team with any concerns, but as there have been many discussions and opinions from various people already the admin team have already discussed it privately and they have come to the agreement to leave it as it is.

There hasn't been any discussion about "x" number of people needing to vote in a poll / reply in this thread / PM etc but I am sure you have seen @Maesknoll Red reply above detailing numbers of the forum?

• Admin
17 hours ago, Henry said:

There is form for it. Looks at some of the comms around the supporters trust. ‘Who cares’ was the reply to posters raising questions.

the forum is missing the overlord.

That was already discussed a long time ago, explained and resolved so I have no idea why you keep chirping away

What is amusing it that you used to constantly belittle @Dollymarie on here and now you constantly pick up on my posts

Do us both a favour and put me on ignore

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Normally I would advise you to PM the admin team with any concerns, but as there have been many discussions and opinions from various people already the admin team have already discussed it privately and they have come to the agreement to leave it as it is.

There hasn't been any discussion about "x" number of people needing to vote in a poll / reply in this thread / PM etc but I am sure you have seen @Maesknoll Red reply above detailing numbers of the forum?

Thanks. So the answer is the mods want to keep it so it stays. That is all you needed to say and now everyone knows where they stand and how any decision is reached.

Incidentally, the numbers MR quoted weren’t relevant without further context - we know members lurk so saying “only 15% of people engaged with this post” means nothing unless you can say how many percent of visitors engaged with any post (and I’m guessing it’s not high) so please don’t hide behind “data”. This is the mods prefer it this way so won’t change it. No issue with that but own it.

• Like 1

Finally (and this is my last word on it - promise!) as the mods want to keep the forum, can I suggest that similar to the matchday archive that no threads are moved to the Ex Players forum for 24 hours.

This would allow posts to be engaged with, stop the ridiculous scenario where we had threads being continually started and moved when LJ was sacked by Fleetwood, and allow it to be determined if it was a “memories of ex player” thread (moved) or relevant to the context of the club currently thread (thinking the Cotterill /Nige threads last week) where it can reasonably stay put as the thread develops that way.

• Like 3

• Admin
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Finally (and this is my last word on it - promise!) as the mods want to keep the forum, can I suggest that similar to the matchday archive that no threads are moved to the Ex Players forum for 24 hours.

This would allow posts to be engaged with, stop the ridiculous scenario where we had threads being continually started and moved when LJ was sacked by Fleetwood, and allow it to be determined if it was a “memories of ex player” thread (moved) or relevant to the context of the club currently thread (thinking the Cotterill /Nige threads last week) where it can reasonably stay put as the thread develops that way.

This is my personal opinion, that sounds like a workable compromise to me.

As an addition any of the admin and moderating team can move and merge threads, I would say if someone notices something in the wrong place to either send a PM to one of us or tag one of us in the thread to get it corrected.

I'm fortunate I have multiple screens at work so can be online more than others

I have a reminder set for moving a matchday thread after a number of days, but am sur

Just now, phantom said:

As an addition any of the admin and moderating team can move and merge threads, I would say if someone notices something in the wrong place to either send a PM to one of us or tag one of us in the thread to get it corrected.

I have a reminder set for moving a matchday thread after a number of days, but am sur

Who are the admins?

you, @Ian M, @Maesknoll Red, @Dollymarie….anyone else?

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thanks. So the answer is the mods want to keep it so it stays. That is all you needed to say and now everyone knows where they stand and how any decision is reached.

Incidentally, the numbers MR quoted weren’t relevant without further context - we know members lurk so saying “only 15% of people engaged with this post” means nothing unless you can say how many percent of visitors engaged with any post (and I’m guessing it’s not high) so please don’t hide behind “data”. This is the mods prefer it this way so won’t change it. No issue with that but own it.

Maybe a fault of the admin team, perhaps we should have responded earlier. The admin team didn't have a discussion until this week

Like all things in life, it is a constant learning experience and I am sure we can all make sure we address things differently in the future

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

It does require a bit more work as it requires the thread to be read and determined what it is (as opposed to just shifting a thread based on title) and there will naturally be subjectivity but if you guys are happy with that it seems to be the most pragmatic solution, absent a remerge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given that - based on attendances- the Vixens are now the second best supported professional football team in Bristol, maybe they deserve a section on the forum.

I suspect that you may be posting 'tongue in cheek', but I actually think this is quite a good idea.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

That was already discussed a long time ago, explained and resolved so I have no idea why you keep chirping away

What is amusing it that you used to constantly belittle @Dollymarie on here and now you constantly pick up on my posts

Do us both a favour and put me on ignore

Eh? What’s has she got to do with it?

Im just pointing out there is a theme to how you respond to people in your different roles.