IGNORED

Into ‘em tomorrow

BCFCGav

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Is it just me or does tomorrow feel huge? I have a habit of feeling like this about every game we play but tomorrow just feels massive to me. 

No Championship football for two weeks after New Year’s Day, as it’s FA Cup next weekend and our trip to WHU. We could spend those two weeks just outside the play-off places, potentially even in them.  A two weeks when we can bring in reinforcements and see some big players back from injury. We beat Millwall tomorrow and we’ll be well placed for a full blooded assault on the PO’s in the second half of the season and the fanbase will be really believing.

So let’s get right into them. They have a few injuries and suspensions and apparently they’re only bringing 600, let’s drown them out completely and start 2024 as we mean to go on. COYFR 🔴⚪🔴⚪

Love it @BCFCGav!

I love my team! COYR!!! x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Is it just me or does tomorrow feel huge? I have a habit of feeling like this about every game we play but tomorrow just feels massive to me. 

No Championship football for two weeks after New Year’s Day, as it’s FA Cup next weekend and our trip to WHU. We could spend those two weeks just outside the play-off places, potentially even in them.  A two weeks when we can bring in reinforcements and see some big players back from injury. We beat Millwall tomorrow and we’ll be well placed for a full blooded assault on the PO’s in the second half of the season and the fanbase will be really believing.

So let’s get right into them. They have a few injuries and suspensions and apparently they’re only bringing 600, let’s drown them out completely and start 2024 as we mean to go on. COYFR 🔴⚪🔴⚪

Totally agree , big game in terms of momentum and for fans optimism , if we win we go into the new year in or around the playoff places , couple of players returning from injury ( we hope ) in early jan possible new signings in the window 

lose we we could easily be back down to 12th - 14th place loss of momentum and fans thinking here we go again  BIG GAME 

• Like 1

I just want points (preferably 3 - but 1 would do) -  the most critical focus should be getting to 50+ points and securing championship status for next season.

I think it is fairly obvious that we are on the fringes (perhaps out performing ourselves / expectation??) of the playoffs - but, as is always the same in this league, the margins are so fine - a winning run can see you climb exponentially - equally a loss can send you falling like a stone.  I am not sure that we are there in terms of play off push and I think that any financial backing (if any) in Jan will be limited (having just posted a £22m loss). 

Sadly, our only consistency is being wonderfully inconsistent (both in terms of play due to available resources and financial backing to see us properly mount a challenge) 🫣  Having had a few days to consider things I cannot fault the team and their drive to try and succeed. They fight for each other - something that emerged under NP but seems to have been consolidated under LM  - Think we have surprised a few teams of late. 

I will be there (as always) this afternoon in the Dolman willing them to extend their winning ways - I could do with a little lifter this morning (curious headache this morning - can't think why)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I was saying the same last night. This is exactly the type of game we struggle in though. I’d say this is the first game in the last 5 (including this one) - that we should be expecting the win. We rarely turn up in these sort of games 

Can honestly see this being a score draw today 

• Hmmm 1

48 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I was saying the same last night. This is exactly the type of game we struggle in though. I’d say this is the first game in the last 5 (including this one) - that we should be expecting the win. We rarely turn up in these sort of games 

Can honestly see this being a score draw today 

There were loads on here saying we should beat Birmingham (1 win in 7, Rooney struggling) it doesn’t work like that.

This is our 4th game in 8 days with basically the same 14 or 15 players, so simplistic stuff like “let’s get into them” is  pointless.

I expect a real slog today & if we win it will be a tight one.

After today we don’t play a league game for 12 days so assuming no replay v West Ham, can hopefully use the time to get at least one in & give a few a bit of recuperation.

They have a few players out injured and suspended so will be slightly weaker than previous games. Still have a few dangerous players and I’m guessing JB will be playing today for them

If we start with a high tempo and get at them early then I fancy us to win comfortably 3-1 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

There were loads on here saying we should beat Birmingham (1 win in 7, Rooney struggling) it doesn’t work like that.

This is our 4th game in 8 days with basically the same 14 or 15 players, so simplistic stuff like “let’s get into them” is  pointless.

I expect a real slog today & if we win it will be a tight one.

After today we don’t play a league game for 12 days so assuming no replay v West Ham, can hopefully use the time to get at least one in & give a few a bit of recuperation.

Spot on. I think today will be a real slog and if we can manage to scrape a win, it sets us up nicely 

Personally can see a score draw 

• Like 1