IGNORED

Bit random but..reading of the teams.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reading the opposition side out first.

Not saying it is especially new but what is the thinking there. Any ideas? I don't go away all that often so maybe it's the norm but..

Guess it’s to get the crowd going by reading the home one second .

In theory ..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Guess it’s to get the crowd going by reading the home one second .

In theory ..

Yeah I suppose. It feels an Americanism to me.

When I first started going there was certain amount of booing of the opposition side when read out, not so much these days..

It is probably the norm but one of those things that doesn't feel quite right. Minor quibble in the grand scheme.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I want Ashton Gate to feel a bit hostile, partisan- like our home.

Not in a way that oversteps to hooliganism of course but we do a lot to dilute the atmosphere and sense of home advantage.

Some of that is the norm in modern football I accept, but some bits..we could do better.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

If that's a crime, I'd love to get your take on playing a song for the opposition as they did at Watford...

Didn’t we consider getting a bubble machine for when West Ham secured promotion and were visiting us for a game late in the season? 🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Didn’t we consider getting a bubble machine for when West Ham secured promotion and were visiting us for a game late in the season? 🤦‍♂️

No we didn't according to the statement at the time.

West Ham asked if they could bring it, their request was rejected. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-statement-regarding-bubble-machine/

13 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Suprised they didn't bring it anyway, they brought an ineligible player, what's an ineligible bubble machine compared to that 😆

• Haha 7

I’m getting old but I remember when the announcement of each City player’s name would result in huge cheers.

In those days, there were few announcements and the crowd made the noise  

ok there were some who got louder cheers  than others but now it just seems to be a general meh. 

And I’m afraid that seems to last the whole game. Not just st AG!!!!

Football in a library!! TV to blame. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Cheers, so the reality is actually very different to how I remember it (I blame the booze). I wonder if that was a rumour that just got out of hand or is just muddled in my memory.

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Cheers, so the reality is actually very different to how I remember it (I blame the booze). I wonder if that was a rumour that just got out of hand or is just muddled in my memory.

I remember the public statement wasn't exactly how things had been reported in the days prior to this

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

I remember it as we suggested that they bring it 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

I can exclusively reveal that West Ham have taken revenge my rejecting my request to bring eight cans of scrumpy with me on Sunday.

• Haha 4

I think it’s common practise for Away team first, I do think there could be some more emphasise on the home team announcements though. Some enthusiasm to ramp things up. Music etc is a difficult one as you’re trying to cater for many age groups.

Something like this perhaps? 😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lavington Robin said:

I assumed that was a coincidence ? as they also walk out to “Liquidator”

That is their anthem or one of them yes.

In the last couple of years songs associated with Chelsea, WBA and Wolves here. Do we want this.

5 minutes ago, CityReds said:

I think it’s common practise for Away team first, I do think there could be some more emphasise on the home team announcements though. Some enthusiasm to ramp things up. Music etc is a difficult one as you’re trying to cater for many age groups.

Something like this perhaps? 😆

Maybe it is then, thanks- haven't been away all that often lately so can't comment too much.

Will watch that but how about turning t be music off last 10-15 and giving the Safe Standing area in particular full voice. Trying to compete with overwhelming music is a chore and dampens things down.

1 hour ago, stortfordred said:

I’m getting old but I remember when the announcement of each City player’s name would result in huge cheers.

Was saying the same thing a while ago to my family. I was imagining the cheer in my head. I think this would be an easy thing for section 82 to get going  and I am sure the crowd would be receptive.

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it is then, thanks- haven't been away all that often lately so can't comment too much.

Will watch that but how about turning t be music off last 10-15 and giving the Safe Standing area in particular full voice. Trying to compete with overwhelming music is a chore and dampens things down.

I think the fear there could be it would turn into a cemetery if people aren’t in their places. I wouldn’t disagree with turning it down a bit though

• Hmmm 1

12 hours ago, CityReds said:

I think the fear there could be it would turn into a cemetery if people aren’t in their places. I wouldn’t disagree with turning it down a bit though

I dunno, maybe.

Heard the Safe Standing area trying to get it going but what is the point vs overwhelming music.

Give it a go and subject to safety regs, dim or fade the lights 10-15 mins before kick-off..we did this before a game in the last few years.

The bugbear of glaring internal lights right through the game, sure you remember this too...all feeds in.