IGNORED

Contingency plans if West Ham tickets don't arrive in time...

Fat Cigar

Hi all,

I tweeted Jerry (our Supporters' Liaison Officer) earlier to ask about what happens for those fans whose West Ham tickets haven't arrived by Sunday.

I was also asking why oh why are physical tickets still being issued? Especially when the post has become so unreliable. Why aren't all tickets, home and away, now emailed? 

Anyway, his response:

"The tickets sent to us by West Ham were physical tickets and not digital so we couldn’t email. West Ham will do reprints for supporters whose tickets haven’t arrived. We can trace undelivered postal tickets as they were all sent recorded delivery. Should yours not arrive today please email supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk to request a reprint.

So many further questions (which I've also asked!):

Doesn't someone need to be in to sign for a recorded delivery?

- I assume reprints would be ready for collection at the ground?

- I assume/hope supporters' services check their emails on a Saturday?!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

20 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Hi all,

I tweeted Jerry (our Supporters' Liaison Officer) earlier to ask about what happens for those fans whose West Ham tickets haven't arrived by Sunday.

I was also asking why oh why are physical tickets still being issued? Especially when the post has become so unreliable. Why aren't all tickets, home and away, now emailed? 

Anyway, his response:

"The tickets sent to us by West Ham were physical tickets and not digital so we couldn’t email. West Ham will do reprints for supporters whose tickets haven’t arrived. We can trace undelivered postal tickets as they were all sent recorded delivery. Should yours not arrive today please email supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk to request a reprint.

Mine arrived on Wednesday but despite the envelope saying “to be signed for” as no one was in, it was put through my letterbox.

Not particularly helpful but it entirely depends on your postie, someone else on here had a conversation with theirs & he was taking those back to the collection place if no one answered the door.

As it’s on a Sunday there is always tomorrow’s post too, of course.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fat Cigar said:

Hi all,

Anyway, his response:

Top man

How sensible to ask the questions but particularly to post on here for others 👍🏻
Should save Jerry a few repeated questions , at least

Very thoughtful 👏🏼

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Top man

How sensible to ask the questions but particularly to post on here for others 👍🏻
Should save Jerry a few repeated questions , at least

Very thoughtful 👏🏼

Indeed, great work

Only shame is that the club haven't put this on the official site

Worth saying - whilst a slightly different scenario - I had a situation at QPR earlier in the season where I went to collect my ticket at Loftus Road (I always collect at the ground for away games as I don't live in Bristol) and it turned out they didn't have it and it hadn't been printed. It was just a case of going to the main ticket office, showing my confirmation email, and they printed the ticket there and then. It obviously added 5 or 10 mins on to getting into the ground but it wasn't a major hassle, nobody made me feel like they were interrogating me or doubting I was genuine and it was proactively sorted out.

It's obviously worth arriving early and having your confirmation but it seems from that that clubs can and will reprint at the ground where needed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Mine arrived on Wednesday but despite the envelope saying “to be signed for” as no one was in, it was put through my letterbox.

Not particularly helpful but it entirely depends on your postie, someone else on here had a conversation with theirs & he was taking those back to the collection place if no one answered the door.

As it’s on a Sunday there is always tomorrow’s post too, of course.

My stamp wasn’t even stamped n not signed for