IGNORED

Dave Barton

CityReds

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Has been moved (or maybe another word) into a Bristol Sport role. Seemed like it was inevitable when your own chairman repeatedly says the communication from them to fans has been very poor over the last 12 months!

“Please Leave” but in the meantime you can do this.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Has been moved (or maybe another word) into a Bristol Sport role. Seemed like it was inevitable when your own chairman repeatedly says the communication from them to fans has been very poor over the last 12 months!

Is that a promotion or a sideways move?

Always seems weird to me when someone who is criticised by their boss or the public then gets moved in this way.

Happens a lot in politics.

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Is that a promotion or a sideways move?

Always seems weird to me when someone who is criticised by their boss or the public then gets moved in this way.

Happens a lot in politics.

I’ve no idea honestly, but would hazard a guess that the new role won’t be any real external facing stuff, and far less pressured with less scrutiny on than a football club role….

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’ve no idea honestly, but would hazard a guess that the new role won’t be any real external facing stuff, and far less pressured with less scrutiny on than a football club role….

Aw bless thats good of the club then.

Cosy old City..

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

You were there Pete , but I go back to the question at the forum asking why U21 fixtures weren’t publicised by the Club 

Not only was the fact that our Head of Football & Chairman , it appeared , completely unaware 🙄 , Dave Barton’s embarrassing mumbling ‘apology’ at the side was cringeworthy tbh , and sort of epitomised the ‘quality’ of the Clubs ‘Comms Department’

Im not sure what they actually do , or certainly do well’

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 5

I’ve got to say that a lot of the content (videos, Instagram posts) have actually been really good recently. The quality of them is fantastic. It’s just the communication coming out of the club has been a bit dire. I think the media team have been really creative. 

• Like 5

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

I’ve got to say that a lot of the content (videos, Instagram posts) have actually been really good recently. The quality of them is fantastic. It’s just the communication coming out of the club has been a bit dire. I think the media team have been really creative. 

I agree.  I think the stuff the club put out is good.  I think it’s where Jon’s heart lies.  Being rude I wish he stuck to that than try to be Chairman with aspirations of being CEO. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Barton’s interviews are abysmal though.

I understand he was involved with rugby before us? He asks pretty much the same questions at every one.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I understand he was involved with rugby before us? He asks pretty much the same questions at every one.

Yeah, they aren’t great. The thing I mean is like the announcement videos and the UNCUT stuff etc. 

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It's a difficult pitch for internal media. Thete's no way they're going to be controversial. But club interviews are so inane and ineffectual.

Most of the time the local media ones are a bit soft as well. The club aren't nearly held to account as much as they should be. Get GT back .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  I think the stuff the club put out is good.  I think it’s where Jon’s heart lies.  Being rude I wish he stuck to that than try to be Chairman with aspirations of being CEO. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fever Pitch.

Does this sit under Bristol City Holdings do we know Dave? Didn't see any reference in those accounts..is it on CH, and or included in our cost base?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fever Pitch.

Does this sit under Bristol City Holdings do we know Dave? Didn't see any reference in those accounts..is it on CH, and or included in our cost base?

I would imagine it sits under Bristol Sport Ltd.

No, it is not registered at CH.  Hence the in-house “brand”.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would imagine it sits under Bristol Sport Ltd.

No, it is not registered at CH.  Hence the in-house “brand”.

Thanks. Still occasionally looking and wondering our cost base is so high..not just a wage, amortisation and depreciation thing other costs really do seem, a few million too high maybe more.

• Like 1

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/davebartoncomms_i-am-pleased-to-announce-that-i-have-been-activity-7148329128708960256-BZ2d

I am pleased to announce that I have been appointed to a new role as Head of Communications for the Bristol Sport Group.

After five years as Head of Communications for Bristol City Football Club, I am moving to a wider role within the Sporting Group, which includes City Men and Women’s football teams, Bristol Bears Men and Women’s rugby teams, Bristol Flyers basketball, the club’s respective charitable foundations and Ashton Gate Stadium. I take up my new role on January 8th.

I have thoroughly enjoyed by time with Bristol City and have been honoured to work with highly dedicated and skilled players and staff.

In particular, I want to thank the Bristol City communications team present and past for the journey we have been on together, which included triple back-to-back gold awards for the best content in the English Football League and established our highly-respected reputation for communications within the EFL.

It is now time to bring my experience in football, rugby and stadium communications into a wider remit as we continue to grow as a group. These are exciting times at Ashton Gate, including a world-class sporting quarter development for the city containing a 4000-seater home for the Flyers.

The football club are in the process of appointing a new Head of Communications and I am looking forward to working with my successor.

I have no doubt that Bristol City will ultimately achieve promotion to the Premier League and I have been privileged to have served the Robins.

Up the City!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks. Still occasionally looking and wondering our cost base is so high..not just a wage, amortisation and depreciation thing other costs really do seem, a few million too high maybe more.

By the looks of it they are a standalone company which covers all the sports and AG perhaps on a retainer type contract? I saw their name at the end of the Ashton Gate promo video so they’re not City specific 

• Thanks 1