IGNORED

Dave Barton

CityReds

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree.  I think the stuff the club put out is good.  I think it’s where Jon’s heart lies.  Being rude I wish he stuck to that than try to be Chairman with aspirations of being CEO. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just get him away from anything to do with football at the club 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/davebartoncomms_i-am-pleased-to-announce-that-i-have-been-activity-7148329128708960256-BZ2d

I am pleased to announce that I have been appointed to a new role as Head of Communications for the Bristol Sport Group.

After five years as Head of Communications for Bristol City Football Club, I am moving to a wider role within the Sporting Group, which includes City Men and Women’s football teams, Bristol Bears Men and Women’s rugby teams, Bristol Flyers basketball, the club’s respective charitable foundations and Ashton Gate Stadium. I take up my new role on January 8th.

I have thoroughly enjoyed by time with Bristol City and have been honoured to work with highly dedicated and skilled players and staff.

In particular, I want to thank the Bristol City communications team present and past for the journey we have been on together, which included triple back-to-back gold awards for the best content in the English Football League and established our highly-respected reputation for communications within the EFL.

It is now time to bring my experience in football, rugby and stadium communications into a wider remit as we continue to grow as a group. These are exciting times at Ashton Gate, including a world-class sporting quarter development for the city containing a 4000-seater home for the Flyers.

The football club are in the process of appointing a new Head of Communications and I am looking forward to working with my successor.

I have no doubt that Bristol City will ultimately achieve promotion to the Premier League and I have been privileged to have served the Robins.

Up the City!

So he's essentially been promoted despite demonstrably being shit in his current role beyond arse kissing and incessant platitudes haha.

I'm sure that there was a world class recruitment process.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A slight sceptic in me is that it is a reward for playing ball, asking exactly what the hierarchy wanted to be asked in interviews, not possessing too major a public profile and subsequently getting a nice sideways in terms of position but cushier in terms of public profile job.

So, Mr Popodopolous, do you agree that the HPC is incredible? Do you think, as we all do I'm sure, that Steve is a great guy, and appreciate all that the Lansdown family have done for us?

Perhaps you believe, as we all do, that the HPC is an incredible facility?

Would you like to comment on that, the ambition of the club, and our hopes to get into the Premier League?

The HPC too eh!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

So, Mr Popodopolous, do you agree that the HPC is incredible? Do you think, as we all do I'm sure, that Steve is a great guy, and appreciate all that the Lansdown family have done for us?

Perhaps you believe, as we all do, that the HPC is an incredible facility?

Would you like to comment on that, the ambition of the club, and our hopes to get into the Premier League?

The HPC too eh!

Ha its nuanced isn't it, Stortz.

HPC is good, ground development is good- SL pays the bills.

However the hierarchy appear to make or have made consistently at best infuriating, at worst brainless decisions in the past 20 years or so. Bad outweighs the good in this respect- GJ, Cotts, NP good..

..Manning I wish well but I fear for him and us in this structure.

Jon Lansdown and Tinnion, Marshall and Rawcliffe seems a crap structure. Then SL for all the cash he has put in, usually has FFP permitting, stuck and twisted at the wrong times with the wrong managers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

However the hierarchy appear to make or have made consistently at best infuriating, at worst brainless decisions in the past 20 years or so. Bad outweighs the good in this respect- GJ, Cotts, NP good..

Jon Lansdown and Tinnion, Marshall and Rawcliffe seems a crap structure. Then SL for all the cash he has put in, usually has FFP permitting, stuck and twisted at the wrong times with the wrong managers.

Of course, but I'm not sure how nuanced Barton's sycophantic contribtions have been over the years mate.

He seems the epotime of the 'if your face fits, never mind the ability' Lansdown culture to me. File under Lisa Knights.

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

19 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Of course, but I'm not sure how nuanced Barton's sycophantic contribtions have been over the years mate.

He seems the epotime of the 'if your face fits, never mind the ability' Lansdown culture to me. File under Lisa Knights.

Apologies I perhaps misunderstood the point being made.

Yes agreed. If face fits..a Comms officer with questionable communication output rewarded with an easier role of similar seniority it seems.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think the previous manager knew it…..we now have a good TRAINING GROUND…….anyone who says HPC isn’t a bollocks name for it is talking even bigger bollocks.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

With the massive advances in Artificial Intelligence I’m wondering if we can wire up a kettle (or train Downsy) to go “a frustrating day [MANAGER FIRST NAME] but what are the positives you can take from today” and “a word for the fans, [NUMBER] of them here and they really made themselves heard?” after every match.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 2

25 minutes ago, Olé said:

With the massive advances in Artificial Intelligence I’m wondering if we can wire up a kettle (or train Downsy) to go “a frustrating day [MANAGER FIRST NAME] but what are the positives you can take from today” and “a word for the fans, [NUMBER] of them here and they really made themselves heard?” after every match.

Spot on.

To a new signing too “you’ve had a look around the high performance centre, just how impressed are you?” Simple bit of programming here, surely?

Phil Alexander said that he was brought in to reduce costs maybe he suggested an AI replacement for him & that’s why he was sacked?

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I think the previous manager knew it…..we now have a good TRAINING GROUND…….anyone who says HPC isn’t a bollocks name for it is talking even bigger bollocks.

I'd be interested to know how many other clubs call their Training Ground, Academy complex etc a High Performance Centre. Doesn't sound altogether commonplace.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Works a lot for Trump and his followers. Anyway, I digress, bring back Beanhead, at least he tried to go off message sometimes.

Then got sacked for it.

19 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

It is now time to bring my experience in football, rugby and stadium communications into a wider remit as we continue to grow as a group. These are exciting times at Ashton Gate, including a world-class sporting quarter development for the city containing a 4000-seater home for the Flyers.

Not if ETM get their way. 

On 05/01/2024 at 20:39, Abingdon Red said:

Does this mean we'll get some interviews where new signings aren't forced to tell us that they think 'the pathway' and 'The high performance centre' are really good?

Any forcefully nudged to talk about the fans in every interview they do

14 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Any forcefully nudged to talk about the fans in every interview they do

It's an insult to our intelligence and when they keep trotting out every week how great the fans are it smacks of insincerity. You'd think by now they'd have realised we are not as gullible as they think. Especially since SL has long made it clear what he thinks of the fans and it isn't that we are great.

Edited by chinapig

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's an insult to our intelligence and when they keep trotting out every week how great the fans are it smacks of insincerity. You'd think by now they'd have realised we are not as gullible as they think. Especially since SL has long made it clear what he thinks of the fans and it isn't that we are great.

The funny thing is, certain senior folk really let their mask down at functions when they think they’re talking to a rugby fan.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The funny thing is, certain senior folk really let their mask down at functions when they think they’re talking to a rugby fan.  

I'm not at all surprised. It seems typical of their woolly thinking if it didn't occur to them that somebody might be both a rugby and a football fan. As we have seen with Tinnion recently it also shows a lack of professional discretion.

3 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

I presume DB is taking over from Lisa Knights who has been appointed CEO of Bristol Flyers. As for Adam Baker, yes, please bring him back. Interviews have gone down the toilet since he left.

Doubt it but it’s certainly taken attention away from the job in hand. She needs to get a handle on on it and fast. But I’m not sure she cares