IGNORED

Magic of the cup…

16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nonsense!

Last night a bore draw between two mediocre prem clubs and the same again tonight.

Why do they insist on showing games on TV that get played week in week out in the premier league anyway???

I would much rather they showed Shrewsbury vs Wrexham!

Because they haven’t the rights and people are struggling financially by all accounts to afford pay channels,interesting the darts final recorded higher figures than any football game 

Just now, gary s said:

Gillingham v Sheffield utd ,,QPR v Bournemouth ,,Maidstone v Stevenage, would all be games to watch not the same old prem teams again 

I agree but by all accounts the hard up folk can’t watch Sky or Bt so why stop them watching prem teams,is that fair,of course they have to pay the BBC licence to watch it 🤔

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

... interesting the darts final recorded higher figures than any football game 

“than any football game” - are you sure of that? Credible, independent sources say that 4.7 BILLION people watch English premier league games each season on tv - surely more than the 4 million who watched the darts?

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“than any football game” - are you sure of that? Credible, independent sources say that 4.7 BILLION people watch English premier league games each season on tv - surely more than the 4 million who watched the darts?

That is a whole season not one game for a start as I said above,if you think a prem game on a Sunday then you are delusional 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not according to Robbored's maths! :D

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it was something like Sky's highest viewing figures for an event 'other than football'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Would assume that’s 4.7 billion views total, not 4.7 billion unique viewers. 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That is a whole season not one game for a start as I said above,if you think a prem game on a Sunday then you are delusional 

Fair enough - but if you divide 4.7 billion by the number of prem games per season then it comfortably beats the darts viewing figures per game ...

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That wasn’t what I said though was it 

... but you did say the darts final had more viewers “than any football game” - quick example, England vs Italy 2021 - 31 million viewers ... 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

What are you claiming,all I said was it was massive figures for a darts final and then you started spouting stuff about billions watching the whole season of football 🤣

You said the darts final had more viewers “than any football game” - not true

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Nonsense!

Last night a bore draw between two mediocre prem clubs and the same again tonight.

Why do they insist on showing games on TV that get played week in week out in the premier league anyway???

I would much rather they showed Shrewsbury vs Wrexham!

It’s for overseas viewers . They don’t want to watch our lower league clubs 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

There are only 8 billion in the world and half the world watch English football according to @BS4 on Tour... 

The other half are locked out if Rovers' games!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... but you did say the darts final had more viewers “than any football game” - quick example, England vs Italy 2021 - 31 million viewers ... 

You said the darts final had more viewers “than any football game” - not true

On sky I should of said but thought that was bleeding obvious because it was the only channel it was on,if you want to go down the terrestrial route than your billions is void 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t say that - I said 4.7 billion people watched premier league games last season - I didn’t say each of those 4.7 billion was a unique person - although I knew you wouldn’t get it 

Hey Mr Pedantic, are you comparing the number of UK viewers of the darts to the number of Worldwide viewers of a PL game.

Not a correct comparison, obviously.