IGNORED

Magic of the cup…

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Hey Mr Pedantic, are you comparing the number of UK viewers of the darts to the number of Worldwide viewers of a PL game.

Not a correct comparison, obviously.

He knows it,if he honestly thinks 4 billion watched football on the local tv than he’s nuts,he’s comparing apples and pears 

I can remember as a young lad already being an going to stand on the East and away trips loving the FS cup. And on final day . Watching from breakfast time through to the games end. It was so special. 

Jealous of all those going. Shout and sing loud do our club proud. Fingers crossed for the team 🤞

The 1st problem with the FA Cup is that the “reward” is well below what clubs (Prem) can get in the league. So it’s of little surprise it’s not really a priority. 

Had winning it guaranteed a Champions League place then it would have cemented the competition at the top of the table (I am right in saying the Champions League is an amalgamation of the European and Cup winners cup?). 

The 2nd issue is being stuck on terrestrial TV, having ITV show it is the worst of all worlds - The top clubs guarantee an audience, so we end up with the glam tie of Spurs Vs Burnley rather than seeing the real prospect of a giant killing, such as Gills vs Blades (The BBC was also guilty of this, but not to the same extent). 

Im not saying Sky would be any better to the scheduling, but an open competition for the rights might raise the revenue and value of the competition- directly benefiting all clubs if win bonuses and appearance fees go up. 

One radical change I would make, is to schedule the mens and women’s finals to happen on the same weekend.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The 1st problem with the FA Cup is that the “reward” is well below what clubs (Prem) can get in the league. So it’s of little surprise it’s not really a priority. 

Had winning it guaranteed a Champions League place then it would have cemented the competition at the top of the table (I am right in saying the Champions League is an amalgamation of the European and Cup winners cup?). 

The 2nd issue is being stuck on terrestrial TV, having ITV show it is the worst of all worlds - The top clubs guarantee an audience, so we end up with the glam tie of Spurs Vs Burnley rather than seeing the real prospect of a giant killing, such as Gills vs Blades (The BBC was also guilty of this, but not to the same extent). 

Im not saying Sky would be any better to the scheduling, but an open competition for the rights might raise the revenue and value of the competition- directly benefiting all clubs if win bonuses and appearance fees go up. 

One radical change I would make, is to schedule the mens and women’s finals to happen on the same weekend.

Agree 100% about giving the winners a champions League spot

I would also give one the the League cup winners

Award WINNERS not 3rd and 4th place teams

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 22:20, cidercity1987 said:

Hey Mr Pedantic, are you comparing the number of UK viewers of the darts to the number of Worldwide viewers of a PL game.

Not a correct comparison, obviously.

Hey, I was responding to someone who said more people watched the darts final on tv ‘than any football game’ - clearly incorrect