IGNORED

Give the man some credit.

Bs4Red

6 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Manning got it absolutely spot on today, took us 10/15 to get going but we were excellent today. 
The subtle tweaks he made at half time worked a charm, second half was a really impressive display. 
Slowly it’s starting to come together, it won’t always be good (Brum/Mwall) but I really like LM and really like what we’re beginning to become. 

Subs were mind boggling

• Confused 5
  • Facepalm 1

Yes definitely. Also liked his post match, I think he sees the strengths and weaknesses we all do with the squad and I liked how he seems to want to encourage some belief in individual players to be braver. Warming to him and what he says, seems a bit more relaxed with less jargon now.

Loved Pearson because he was the right person to sort us out, give us some spirit in the squad and guide us to some stability without getting relegated. And point out a few home truths. Make no mistake we were in a mess and whatever the qualities of our squad he started putting together they can never be accused of not trying now.

Manning needs time and results, but on their day they look a decent team who can move the ball more than just side to side. We look a little more confident and are showing more intent. Realistically we need two or three players of good quality who can help the squad to turn out more consistent positive performances. Reckon that this season will be a build/development. 

Despite the clumsiness of the board in their handling of the whole affair I just hope as a fanbase we can all move on and get behind what is now the present management team whilst still being able to acknowledge the groundwork of the previous regime.

Felt proud of the club, players, management and fans today. Looking forward to the replay. Well done all!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

We did well today. 

Everone got their moneys worth and some great memories (even if British Railways are the worst)

However a give the bloke some credit thread every time we get something or a Manning/Lansdown are devil spawn thread every time we lose can get a bit much. 

Well done to our team and manager today. Let’s hope for tv and a capacity stadium in ten or so days!

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Manning got it absolutely spot on today, took us 10/15 to get going but we were excellent today. 
The subtle tweaks he made at half time worked a charm, second half was a really impressive display. 
Slowly it’s starting to come together, it won’t always be good (Brum/Mwall) but I really like LM and really like what we’re beginning to become. 

I thought we started to pass a lot quicker with no fear, it was to slow early doors. We started to believe in ourselves.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ray savino said:

Yes definitely. Also liked his post match, I think he sees the strengths and weaknesses we all do with the squad and I liked how he seems to want to encourage some belief in individual players to be braver. Warming to him and what he says, seems a bit more relaxed with less jargon now.

Loved Pearson because he was the right person to sort us out, give us some spirit in the squad and guide us to some stability without getting relegated. And point out a few home truths. Make no mistake we were in a mess and whatever the qualities of our squad he started putting together they can never be accused of not trying now.

Manning needs time and results, but on their day they look a decent team who can move the ball more than just side to side. We look a little more confident and are showing more intent. Realistically we need two or three players of good quality who can help the squad to turn out more consistent positive performances. Reckon that this season will be a build/development. 

Despite the clumsiness of the board in their handling of the whole affair I just hope as a fanbase we can all move on and get behind what is now the present management team whilst still being able to acknowledge the groundwork of the previous regime.

Felt proud of the club, players, management and fans today. Looking forward to the replay. Well done all!

It’s going to take a bit of time and LM has shown glimpses of what he can do with a group of players he has inherited. The current transfer window and the summer window as well as more time with the players will give us more of an idea of where we are as a club and if we have a realistic chance of promotion 

Looking at the likely clubs that will be relegated from the Prem this season probably gives us a better opportunity next season as currently we are realistically chasing 6th spot along with quite a few other clubs 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Subs were mind boggling

The only thing that surprised me was I would have brought Wells on for TC 5 minutes or so earlier, he was knackered.

Otherwise they were spot on.

Edited by GrahamC

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

Watford, Hull, Sunderland??? 

I know we lost but Southampton we were excellent 

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Subs were mind boggling

We needed fresh legs as West Ham were gaining momentum. All gave us more energy and even Cornick which I was surprised about in the position he came on did well imo

• Like 1

OP - Friday’s press conference with the local media was a really interesting watch. Two things stood out, one “good”, one “bad”.

The good - the belief in his methods, his system.  Most on here will know that I want us to play someone closer to Conway, James Piercy asked him whether Sykes injury might allow him to change the way we set-up.  A pretty resolute “no” in an answer / explanation using more than the no I put.  That’s absolutely fine.  If we didn’t have clarity, we do now.  It helps us understand where recruitment might focus, or at least why we might go for certain targets over others.  It shows his strength in his beliefs…this is the way he wants us to play and he’s not gonna change.

The bad - when asked about being able to create against a low block, he went a bit defensive in his answer, and deflected away to the fact we weren’t conceding many chances, only lost to a late goal.  It’s the first time I’ve not seen him give a confident answer…but I do think it was an acceptance that it is the “thing” he needs to improve in the team.  It’s not a “bad”, that’s just me trying to frame the two opposing answers he gave.  But again it gives us something to watch.  Will we start improving on breaking down these stubborn teams.

So, whilst today was a really good performance, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I’m mindful that our next fixture is…

…Preston - one of those stubborn teams.

I’d really want to see a performance like today’s against a team like Preston (ala Millwall / Brum).  The players should be approaching it with confidence, so fingers crossed.  But we still need to give him time.  There will be ups and downs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ray savino said:

It would be nice for him to give some credit to what he inherited and doff his cap to NP. It would ingratiate him to us non believers a bit.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 4

1 minute ago, 1team said:

It would be nice for him to give some credit to what he inherited and doff his cap to NP. It would ingratiate him to us non believers a bit.

To a point true. But I think it would have shown more class and a sense of confidence in their decision making if the Board would have done this more effectively in their handling of the sacking and appointment process. Their communication was so blindingly obviously desperate when they saw the general reaction to the sacking. That’s their issue and they live or die by the decision ultimately. I was upset in the manner Nige was sacked and will always be grateful to him for doing a thoroughly good job of giving us a platform for someone to build on. 

I really hope Manning is a blinding success. He seems a decent enough bloke, don’t think he shows signs of ego or arrogance and I don’t blame him for how Nige was sacked or possibly undermined. All that politics (and communicting the reasons with the fans) lay with the Board. 

The board have got to now back the manager to improve the squad as they should and (and looks no doubt probably could have with Pearson after Scott was sold). 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

OP - Friday’s press conference with the local media was a really interesting watch. Two things stood out, one “good”, one “bad”.

The good - the belief in his methods, his system.  Most on here will know that I want us to play someone closer to Conway, James Piercy asked him whether Sykes injury might allow him to change the way we set-up.  A pretty resolute “no” in an answer / explanation using more than the no I put.  That’s absolutely fine.  If we didn’t have clarity, we do now.  It helps us understand where recruitment might focus, or at least why we might go for certain targets over others.  It shows his strength in his beliefs…this is the way he wants us to play and he’s not gonna change.

The bad - when asked about being able to create against a low block, he went a bit defensive in his answer, and deflected away to the fact we weren’t conceding many chances, only lost to a late goal.  It’s the first time I’ve not seen him give a confident answer…but I do think it was an acceptance that it is the “thing” he needs to improve in the team.  It’s not a “bad”, that’s just me trying to frame the two opposing answers he gave.  But again it gives us something to watch.  Will we start improving on breaking down these stubborn teams.

So, whilst today was a really good performance, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I’m mindful that our next fixture is…

I’d really want to see a performance like today’s against a team like Preston (ala Millwall / Brum).  The players should be approaching it with confidence, so fingers crossed.  But we still need to give him time.  There will be ups and downs.

Agree Fevs, I did pick up on the slightly dismissive response to the question. 
The telegraph interview really was an eye opener that he’s only had 9 training sessions. 
I think that’s absolute madness and quite remarkable. 
Think things he said last week post Millwall changed today, we were certainly “braver” with the ball today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was thinking on this before today and expected a better performance, someone like West Ham would allow us to play our game a little better than against the likes of Birmingham and millwall. The plan and training becomes clearer in games like today, more work on this should help us become better at unlocking the lower blocks. Won’t always work but expect it to improve

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Agree up to a point @Bs4Red

LM stated that we were there to "Compete". The team started out in a 541 formation that looked ponderous and fearful in my eyes. 

Bell is not and will never be an effective RWB and either gave the ball away with his first touches or failed to track his runners (I do acknowledge his chance in the first 10 mins though).

After 15 mins, we were holding on; then Pacqeta (great player) got injured and Manning took the chance to switch the formation back to a flat back 4 acknowledging that the formation hadn't worked. By that stage we could have been 2-0 down (great save by Max from Fornals and defending by Pring at the back post)

The team instantly settled into a more familiar formation, but were still hesitant at times. Williams was superb, bringing some order to proceedings. Vyner and Dickie settled down and Knight started to find his usual space in midfield.

West Ham's Greek CB then got injured as well (he was by far and away their best CB up until that point). The loss of the two players seemed to have an effect on the West Ham team, who suddenly didn't want a physical battle with us.

Second half, I loved our intent and bravery (something that was lacking from the last two games). We went for it and culminated in a wonderful assist by Williams to an excellently taken goal by Conway.

So in conclusion, great day (from our seats in row 57). Loved our second half performance and the way we bounced back from the early goal, but changing our initial formation to one that you could tell was an unfamiliar one for the players caused unnecessary confusion for the first 20 mins.

Let's get back to what we do well and stop trying to over think our tactics in true LJ fashion.

Your club will flourish without Pearson.

His greatest talent is to make everyone believe he is some sort of god and its never his fault before the next man comes in and does a miles better job than he could ever do.

Biggest gaslighter in football.

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 4

@NcnsBcfc don’t believe we started with a back 3 with Bell at RWB at all.  Bell might’ve got forced back, but that’s different.

You can see the back 4 shape in these early exchanges, inc the goal….or lack of shape!

IMG_9533.jpeg

IMG_9534.jpeg

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

What sane, normal Leicester fan would come out of their way onto this forum months after Pearson has left, sign up, just to write some drivel that appears very few Leicester fans think….odd…but I think we all know that’s no Leicester fan. 

Anyway - Manning!

Yes credit where it’s due - wrote elsewhere Williams is one of a few players whose levels seem to be going up under LM.

I’ve been delighted to see Manning doing the simplest of things that so often managers don’t do - playing players in their right positions and to their strengths. 

Bell being another - I often complained with how he was used under Pearson, Manning has utilised him in a much better way that suits his game, and we’re seeing more from him, which is great.

Same with Pring and Tanner - one with more license to roam - playing to strengths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

What sane, normal Leicester fan would come out of their way onto this forum months after Pearson has left, sign up, just to write some drivel that appears very few Leicester fans think….odd…but I think we all know that’s no Leicester fan. 

Anyway - Manning!

Yes credit where it’s due - wrote elsewhere Williams is one of a few players whose levels seem to be going up under LM.

I’ve been delighted to see Manning doing the simplest of things that so often managers don’t do - playing players in their right positions and to their strengths. 

Bell being another - I often complained with how he was used under Pearson, Manning has utilised him in a much better way that suits his game, and we’re seeing more from him, which is great.

Same with Pring and Tanner - one with more license to roam - playing to strengths.

I am a Leicester fan.

What sane Leicester fan has this opinion? well first of all Leicester is the only good managerial job hes ever done, and even then he couldnt be bothered to be a decent human being in any interview or to any journalist.

I bet youre all having exactly the same conversations down there people were having up here, until Ranieri came in and smashed it to bits and everyones performance levels went up 1000%. 

He does this everywhere he goes. He gaslights everyone into thinking HE is the reason youve won something rather than the person who has actually won it.

He gets a few people off the wage bill.....wowzers what a legend to be able to do that. Not like 1000 people before him havent done exactly the same or more. 

The bloke manages to fall out with everyone important i.e. owners, directors, directors of football (your opinions as fans arent important, and its a good job they arent because beyond blind emotions, youve not a clue how to make a football club decision), and then he gets sacked.

But when he gets sacked the narrative is never what an arse he is, its always the directors and chairmans fault for sacking him, because you buy into the narrative.

His rude demeanour is what makes his stock go up in the average fans eyes.

I actually came here because i think your club IS going to go forward now hes gone and it was a great result yesterday. 

Have a look at his previous jobs and the stuff he does before getting sacked, and you have scores of people queueing up to tell you hes a legend.

Southampton - takes a club over who are 12th in the championship, does a John Carver and avoid relegation on the last day, is hailed a genius despite Rooney'ing them down the table.

Derby - Takes over a playoff team, ***** them within about 2 months, before they end up back in the playoffs

Watford - Gets them relegated whilst victimising players in the dressing room to such an extent he has to be sacked immediately after a game

You lot - Done sweet FA

Carlisle - Goalkeeper scores a goal or else they go down. Complete fluke

Leicester - wins minor trophies like league 1 and the champonship with extremely good players and high wage bill. All but gets us relegated from the Prem bar a miracle late run, is hailed a genius for miracle run rather than the other 3/4 of the season, and then subsequent manager wins the PREMIER LEAGUE ad no one cares because the narrative is "Pearson won the league".

Its pure facts. Believe me, not everyone up here is gaslit.

• Haha 1