IGNORED

West Ham Replay: Sold Out ๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ/Live on BBC ๐Ÿ“บ

37 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Get this post to Jon Lansdown. It illustrates in two paragraphs why the cheap under 12 Season Ticket system is flawed. People are openly abusing the good intentions of the club and it illustrates why the South Stand has waves of empty seats each match.

Cheap season tickets for under 12s is one of the best decisions the Lansdowns have made. These kids are the future of the club, and one of the main reasons our support is growing year on year despite abject on field perfmances. It's either that or we become like the 15ers where the average age of supporter is growing every year.

If we were selling out every week and people couldn't get tickets because of unused season tickets then maybe you'd have a point.

I'm willing to bet that the main reason that there's so many empty seats in the South Stand each week is because people buy the cheapest season ticket available, and then thanks to our horseshoe concourse, go and sit in the more expensive seats. Rather then there being some mythical thousands of under 12 tickets that are never used.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Bobby girl said:

Wow some of you need to take a good look at yourselves for the disgusting way j you are acting re childrens tickets. Talk about toys out of prams, just because those seats are in SS. Children get free shirt, shock horror, grown adults donโ€™t like it.๐Ÿ˜ก

ย 

No what happens is people buy the children's season ticket for 50 quid and then pay the ten pounds to upgrade the free shirt for an adult shirt.ย 

So essentially they are paying 10 quid to reserve a seat next to themselves (adult shirt costs 50 quid) in the hope that when we get a big game, they can upgrade that ticket for one of their mates who rarely ever go.ย 

It's a great initiative for people like me who genuinely bring their child, however it is a system that is open to abuse and IS abused as seen on this thread. Do you happen to be one of these people?ย 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No what happens is people buy the children's season ticket for 50 quid and then pay the ten pounds to upgrade the free shirt for an adult shirt.ย 

So essentially they are paying 10 quid to reserve a seat next to themselves (adult shirt costs 50 quid) in the hope that when we get a big game, they can upgrade that ticket for one of their mates who rarely ever go.ย 

It's a great initiative for people like me who genuinely bring their child, however it is a system that is open to abuse and IS abused as seen on this thread. Do you happen to be one of these people?ย 

Some may do, but not me. Plus I pay ยฃ100 not ยฃ50 for my granddaughters ST.
Saturdays we drag her along in the hope that she starts enjoying it. Night games the Mrs miss out and my son in law takes place who also pays membership.ย 
Like I said it was a genuine question to ask why canโ€™t they allow an upgrade. But some of the comments are like I plan it every year in the hope of one big game, or a free shirt which would be more expensive than buying one direct. ย Like I said some may do, but not me.ย 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's not really "abuse" is it - City are usually (or have been, in my previous experience) more than happy to upgrade as long as you pay the extra. This has been going on quite happily for years. What's the difference between upgrading in a likely sell-out v. West Ham or a dull league game v. Preston, for example?ย 

Nothing to see here.ย 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

It's not really "abuse" is it - City are usually (or have been, in my previous experience) more than happy to upgrade as long as you pay the extra. This has been going on quite happily for years. What's the difference between upgrading in a likely sell-out v. West Ham or a dull league game v. Preston, for example?ย 

Nothing to see here.ย 

Nothing to see here because you're also one of the ones thats abusing the initiative?ย 

The fact is because it's being abused and seats are sold but not used the club are losing out on money. Roughly I spend between 500-700 per season at Ashton Gate on top of my tickets. That's a lot of money for the club to be missing out on when you times it by x amount.

That's why premier league clubs have all the ticket exchanges or will buy tickets back. Because if a seat is sold but not used, they lose money.ย 

I'm glad the club are now clamping down on this. Hopefully those who hold such seats will give them up in the future and fans will actually be able to buy a ticket in the SS.ย 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nothing to see here because you're also one of the ones thats abusing the initiative?ย 

The fact is because it's being abused and seats are sold but not used the club are losing out on money. Roughly I spend between 500-700 per season at Ashton Gate on top of my tickets. That's a lot of money for the club to be missing out on when you times it by x amount.

That's why premier league clubs have all the ticket exchanges or will buy tickets back. Because if a seat is sold but not used, they lose money.ย 

I'm glad the club are now clamping down on this. Hopefully those who hold such seats will give them up in the future and fans will actually be able to buy a ticket in the SS.ย 

Not to pick on you per se WSMS but have you and all the people who are constantly upset about this perceived ย issue engaged with @phantomย or anyone else who meets with the club regularly to raise this as an item to discuss with them? ย ย 

Also Modsย ย - maybe this subject could have its own thread? Because so many threads are now getting ruined by people complaining about ST holders and the South Stand and possible behaviours that are happening. ย  ย 

• Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nothing to see here because you're also one of the ones thats abusing the initiative?

I have, in the past, taken advantage of the opportunity to upgrade yes. But seeing as City were always happy to oblige, in no way can I agree with you that it constitutes "abuse" - that is a ridiculous suggestion.ย 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Cheap season tickets for under 12s isย 

I'm willing to bet that the main reason that there's so many empty seats in the South Stand each week is because people buy the cheapest season ticket available, and then thanks to our horseshoe concourse, go and sit in the more expensive seats. Rather then there being some mythical thousands of under 12 tickets that are never used.

I cant say that is the sole reason but I know a number with South stand SCs who go wandering over to the Lansdown. They have to walk past stewards to do so.

Edited by Natchfever

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I have a season ticket as does my daughter and nephew and his mate, (Lansdown)

I canโ€™t make every game so as the driver, if i canโ€™t go, they cant go, which will leave 4 empty seats. Iโ€™m sure im not the only one whoโ€™s like thisย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Some may do, but not me. Plus I pay ยฃ100 not ยฃ50 for my granddaughters ST.
Saturdays we drag her along in the hope that she starts enjoying it. Night games the Mrs miss out and my son in law takes place who also pays membership.ย 
Like I said it was a genuine question to ask why canโ€™t they allow an upgrade. But some of the comments are like I plan it every year in the hope of one big game, or a free shirt which would be more expensive than buying one direct. ย Like I said some may do, but not me.ย 

Ignore him, he's a troll. It was clear what you were saying, and it makes complete sense.ย  He's either wilfully misunderstanding you or he's just not that bright.ย  Either way, as I said, your situation makes complete sense.ย 

16 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I cant say that is the sole reason but I know a number with South stand SCs who go wandering over to the Lansdown. They have to walk past stewards to do so.

Would explain the random groups of men who end up in the family stand- itโ€™s certainly more noticeable on an evening game.ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

You'll all be delighted to hear that I've logged in, and it now seems to be physically impossible to purchase a child's season ticket for this game, and upgrade it to an adult ticket.

Iโ€™ve logged in and although my kids are showing as associated to me on my profile their seats arenโ€™t available for me to purchase!

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Iโ€™ve logged in and although my kids are showing as associated to me on my profile their seats arenโ€™t available for me to purchase!

Ive logged in but my seat doesnt appear available at all, though others are?

4 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Same hereย 

ย 

4 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

One of my kids is available but the other isn't for some odd reason.

ย 

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Ive logged in but my seat doesnt appear available at all, though others are?

go to the ticket information section, in the BCFC V West Ham section there is a red link below which says "click here to purchase your reserved seat" it should take you to your ticket

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 10.17.55.png

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry mate, usually agree with you but you are talking about the next generation of City supporters and if only say 25% go on to be regular future supporters, it's definitely worth it (IMHO).

13 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Would explain the random groups of men who end up in the family stand- itโ€™s certainly more noticeable on an evening game.ย 

Bit out of order going in there I reckon as there are other untaken seats in the Lansdown.

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

ย 

ย 

go to the ticket information section, in the BCFC V West Ham section there is a red link below which says "click here to purchase your reserved seat" it should take you to your ticket

Thanks. Alternatively, if you go in via the link in the recent email from the club, it takes you to the option to buy your regular seat.

I initially went in to the available seats, which are presumably those not held by season ticket holders.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

ย 

ย 

Thanks for that , I was going round in circles.

Even then and Error message came up every time I tried to pay , switched from Google to Safari and it worked .

aaannndd relaxย :blush2:

but waiting for the email ......

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

ย 

ย 

Yep takes it to mine and two linked accounts but not my two kids ones which are also linked. Phone call incomingโ€ฆ

• Sad 1